Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mizen to Malin (HeadToHead) FKT record attempt

Options
  • 05-04-2017 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭

Enduro, from around these parts, is running the length of Ireland from Mizen Head to Malin Head on Saturday April 29th.

Tracking is here and Enduros insightful prologue is here.

Best of luck Enduro :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 OWinter

With all the FKT scammers recently I particularly appreciate the way he addresses transparency. Looks top notch in terms of sharing data and the like.

I wish him all the best and look forward to following

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

That looks great, I wish him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

I'll have to alert letsrun geniuses, has to be fake. Not a world record, not for charidee, i'll rely on walshy's opnion if he is a great guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭ASIMON0V

Exactly what the forum needs to reinvigorate it! It will be like the good old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Best of luck with that Enduro. I wish all those attempting records and feats like this had your commitment to verification and transparency. It is tedious to see the bluffers stringing people out and the doubters spending time researching the background. Unfortunately will be stuck in a car most of Saturday and don't know about wifi but I'm looking forward to reading about this in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

Thanks All!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Best of luck Enduro. A Massive challenge and I hope the weather gods are good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Just spotted the actual date now !!! Thought it was this Saturday and was going to check how it had gone/was going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Enduro starts his HeadtoHead adventure tomorrow morning at 8am. You can track him here.

He has posted some notes on his prep. here.

Best of luck Enduro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Any wise folks here have any idea when he might be around Ballinamore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

crazy route, not the way i'd go. I'd have suggested that after longford > sligo >letterkenny.

the roads in nothern ireland are very narrow ,windy with no hard shoulders and alot of traffic.

But he knows what hes doing and I know nothing about this.

best of luck and i'll see him in a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Ed McGroarty

donegal. wrote: »
    crazy route, not the way i'd go. I'd have suggested that after longford > sligo >letterkenny.

the roads in nothern ireland are very narrow ,windy with no hard shoulders and alot of traffic.

But he knows what hes doing and I know nothing about this.

best of luck and i'll see him in a couple of days.

It'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

First 100k done

• Registered Users Posts: 33,034 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He has to pass close to my house to get into Malin, must keep and eye out for him to cheer him on.

Some challenge. Wish him the best of luck, I see he appears to have stopped for the night.

Likely in the ice bath!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Burgman

NIMAN wrote: »
    I see he appears to have stopped for the night.

I think you underestimate this man Enduro. This from his blog at https://eoinkeith.wordpress.com/
    Sleep strategy is similarly dynamic. The broad aim will be to get through all the way to the second night before sleeping. And from there take it as needed, with a provisional target of 2-3 hours per night, and power naps where necessary.

So if he has stopped, I hope it is just for a toilet break.

Probably just lost satellite. It happened for a period earlier.
    Could a mod change the thread title please Mizen to Malin instead of current title. (Mild ocd)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Could a mod change the thread title please Mizen to Malin instead of current title. (Mild ocd)

I had a look at the tracker a short while ago and saw where he was, I was thinking htf did he get there, then I remembered he was doing it south to north.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I was thinking he was making some serious head way then figured it must be a mix up, :D

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I had a look at the tracker a short while ago and saw where he was, I was thinking htf did he get there, then I remembered its Enduro

FYP
    😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Just curious, have many attempted this run?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

He's on the move again since about 21:45 - had about a 3 hour stop at Kanturk. Weather has been filthy down this way today, blustery winds and rain.

I'll be keeping a close eye on progress, with any luck our paths will cross while I'm on my way to Limerick for the marathon early tomorrow.

Edit: Nope, he's piled up the miles overnight and about an hour ahead of where I expected him to be. We'll on target for 200km+ for the first 24 hours!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

He went past the 200k mark just before 7.30 this morning so well on target

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Just met the legend himself around cloughan... Still motoring along not a bother....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Man that is tricky to do on the phone, and with the added complications of predictive text. Hopefully the course is the right way round now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

He's though 300km now. Well on track, over half way.

Had hoped to see him either in Leitrim or westmeath today but wasn't to be. Following on facebook & tracker, great to see he's still well on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

For those not on Facefook...
    Small siesta. Just in case people are watching the Tracker. Back after 12:00

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Burgman

Enduro went through 350km at around 0600 this morning. Right now seems to be in Ballinamore, Co. Leitrim at possibly 380ish and it won't be long before he heads into Northern Ireland.

This is truly awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Just crossed the border - crew hopped on his back to celebrate. Think I'd kill him :rolleyes: Going great !

• Advertisement

kit3 wrote: »
    Just crossed the border - crew hopped on his back to celebrate. Think I'd kill him :rolleyes: Going great !

Saw that & thought exactly the same!!!

Advertisement