Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bewley's Trim 10 Mile Road Race 2017

Options
  • 22-11-2016 10:19am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭

larger.jpg

Start your 2017 running year on the front foot with the Bewley’s Trim 10 Mile in Trim, County Meath. This is an AAI permitted road race.

Course details to be finalised but the route will largely be the same as last year's race, taking in quiet roads starting and finishing in Trim with water stations at 4 and 7 miles.

This year we will have pacers for 70, 80, 90 and 100 minutes.

We will have a limited number of fabulous long sleeved t-shirts included in the entry fee for those who pre-register online. Register early to guarantee yours!

Join us afterwards for category, age group and teams prize giving and food at race HQ at St Patrick’s Hall on Loman Street.

We look forward to welcoming you on February 5th. See www.trimac.ie for further race details. Online entry is available here. Course map will be available as soon as route is finalised.

I'll keep this thread updated with any more information as I get it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

I'll endeavour to answer any questions also when PauloMN isn't about the house. Massively popular race past few years since it began, we'll promise you a quality race and a friendly welcome on the 5th of February '17. Get entering!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Where's the 60 minute pacers gone?

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Where's the 60 minute pacers gone?

A man of your quality hardly needs a pacer.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

We'll have a big club presence at this again next year, a fantastic race, for anyone on the fence - get off it and register. I've yet to wear the socks though :p delighted to see next year it's a t-shirt! I won't be anywhere close to this years fitness but will give it a shot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭ooter

If I was to get the bus eireann bus down to trim (lidl) from busarus would I be far from the start area?
    There's a bus that gets down there for 1130 so it's definitely doable.

• Advertisement

ooter wrote: »
    If I was to get the bus eireann bus down to trim (lidl) from busarus would I be far from the start area?
    There's a bus that gets down there for 1130 so it's definitely doable.

The start is only 500m or so from there out the Dunderry Rd.

Edit: Is there an earlier bus by any chance? Wouldn't rely on public transport to be on time, especially at the weekend.

tang1 wrote: »
    The start is only 500m or so from there out the Dunderry Rd.

Edit: Is there an earlier bus by any chance? Wouldn't rely on public transport to be on time, especially at the weekend.

No, that's the first bus leaving busarus at 1030, race doesn't start till 1300 so should be fine.

ooter wrote: »
    No, that's the first bus leaving busarus at 1030, race doesn't start till 1300 so should be fine.

Race starts at 12pm.

Race starts at 12pm.

Yeah just noticed that, should still be ok.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

As part of our commitment to bring you a fantastic 10 mile road race, we have put together a 10 week training plan to get you to the start line in tip-top shape! Our very own Ronan Moore - teacher, writer, blogger and sub-3 hour marathoner - will be your virtual mentor, guiding you through the weekly plan and imparting his vast knowledge and expertise on his blog with good doses of common sense and humour in equal measure. So if you want to achieve that goal time, but aren't sure how to get started, just drop by Ronan's blog here and follow his weekly updates - you'll be adding new running gear to your Christmas wishlist before you know it!

http://marathonology.blogspot.ie/2016/11/and-were-off.html

Ronan will try to answer any questions in subsequent posts, so if there's anything you'd like to ask him, by all means do!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Next installment of the training plan:
    http://marathonology.blogspot.ie/2016/11/right-plan.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am doing a Marathon in April and thinking of putting this into my plan as a build up race.

Dub13 wrote: »
    I am doing a Marathon in April and thinking of putting this into my plan as a build up race.

I used it in build up for Rotterdam this year, found it great indicator for training.

I used it in build up for Rotterdam this year, found it great indicator for training.

Yea it seems perfect timing, a tad to close to my clubs 5 mile the week before but sure that's only a 5 mile right...:)

For those still on the fence, there will be a new finish to the race next year, right outside the Barbican ruins of Trim Castle. The last mile or so to the finish will be quicker as a result. Long sleeve tech tshirts and a super friendly Trim AC welcome is also guaranteed.

If you want to get your hands of one of these beauties folks, get entering:

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

any map with the new finish?

lanno wrote: »
    any map with the new finish?

It's the exact same route as past two years apart from the start and finish. We start this year more or less at the entrance to Oaktree Business Park head out for Dunderry back around by Kilbride back past the new start and turn left onto the Athboy Rd heading back for Trim. Through the Navan Rd lights onto the Ring Rd and towards the Boyne Bridge Roundabout, take a right here and finish in front of Trim Castle. The last mile or so is very quick. Will see if I can lay my hands on a GPS link.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

It's the exact same route as past two years apart from the start and finish. We start this year more or less at the entrance to Oaktree Business Park head out for Dunderry back around by Kilbride back past the new start and turn left onto the Athboy Rd heading back for Trim. Through the Navan Rd lights onto the Ring Rd and towards the Boyne Bridge Roundabout, take a right here and finish in front of Trim Castle. The last mile or so is very quick. Will see if I can lay my hands on a GPS link.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

For those still on the fence, there will be a new finish to the race next year, right outside the Barbican ruins of Trim Castle. The last mile or so to the finish will be quicker as a result.

That's me sold. A trip to Trim castle was a big day out when I was a kid!

• Advertisement

larger.jpg

Sign up online to the Bewley's Trim 10 Mile Road Race before next Friday 13th to be GUARANTEED your top.

I hope to post up an FAQ and race info over the coming days, which will include details about collecting numbers/t-shirts etc..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If you want to get your hands of one of these beauties folks, get entering:

Looks red...

Looks red...

Don't have them in Dirty Dirty Leeds white I'm afraid......

Won't be entering as I'm still wearing my L plates for running (just starting to move by 5k as a distance) but have to give ye a hats off for the excellent looking shirt!

Love the colours and design. Hope it's the same next year (I'll hopefully be able to manage 10 miles by then! :P ).

Race info is here - note that online registration must be completed before this Friday (13th) to guarantee your top.

Note that the course is as per previous years.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Trim.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Race info is here - note that online registration must be completed before this Friday (13th) to guarantee your top.

Note that the course is as per previous years.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Trim.

Just registered, thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jimcricket

Okey dokey I'm in. Now to start training

REMINDER - today is the deadline to GUARANTEE your Bewley's Trim 10 Mile long sleeve shirt size. Get registered today here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

My mother signed up for this too, there's no talking to her!

• Advertisement

Well over 1,000 entered so far, hopefully current weather will hold for few weeks more.

Advertisement