Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread***

Options
  • 21-08-2016 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Figured I'd get the ball rolling on this one... just under 11 hours to go, who's excited?

*******************************************************************************************************

WORD OF WARNING:

Anyone trolling, claiming to have inside information for real, to have got the paper early, etc. etc. without being able to back up their claims will be banned.

In fact, we've asked for sitebans in the past for serious cases of malicious scaremongering, and the Admins have been more than happy to implement them.

No-one needs that crap, thanks.

R.

ALSO: READ THIS!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AtLeastITried

I've got a new course as my first choice and my second choice was exactly the points I got last year so I'm more nervous than excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭F.Grimes

Do remember that you can get the points early on the newspapers! I think i got what the points were at around 5am, just in case anyone is driving mad and can't sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 39 InTheNight

I've got a new course as my first choice and my second choice was exactly the points I got last year so I'm more nervous than excited :)

My first choice is also new, excited to see what points it will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Soolander

F.Grimes wrote: »
    Do remember that you can get the points early on the newspapers! I think i got what the points were at around 5am, just in case anyone is driving mad and can't sleep

Does this kind of stuff annoy anyone else? Like how do they even have access to this information so early. It was the same on results day where people were reading about the failure rate in maths before they had even received their results.

But anyways hope everyone gets what they want!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bateve

Agh I can't tell if I'm more excited or nervous, I have more than enough for my first choice but the anxiety is still there!! This is my second time round with the cao, I did the leaving last year but decided to change my course at the end of this year. Hope it goes well for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matthew1998

Going into leaving cert this year, curious to see will the points for engineering courses go up or down. Good luck to ye all BTW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭siebey123

Best of luck everyone! Really, really hope ye all get what ye want! Such hard workers, honestly :D Wonder who's gonna manage getting those points that bit earlier for us all...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

bateve wrote: »
    Agh I can't tell if I'm more excited or nervous, I have more than enough for my first choice but the anxiety is still there!! This is my second time round with the cao, I did the leaving last year but decided to change my course at the end of this year. Hope it goes well for everyone

same, I've well enough points, unless mine rises 35, I'm kind of worried that my CAO application might have messed up some how even though I've checked if its ok like 10 times haha

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RachelAC

Anyone know it primary teaching is meant to go up this year?

I've heard loads of talk about an increased business, tech and engineering but none for teaching, but the number of people applying to the CAO this year was the highest ever... Is it inevitable?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭siebey123

RachelAC wrote: »
    Anyone know it primary teaching is meant to go up this year?

I've heard loads of talk about an increased business, tech and engineering but none for teaching, but the number of people applying to the CAO this year was the highest ever... Is it inevitable?

TBH I try to avoid reading those types of articles, they're just made to instill fear in us, I swear! And I'd say avoid that supplement the Irish Times and the Independent release early in the morning before offers. We honestly won't know until 6am so for now just relax :) Good luck, I hope you get it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 wynnings

I'm not sleeping that's for sure. I should be fine since I'm well over last years points but god I'm still nervous as hell. 😥 Still, good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Do the points of each course come out in the papers tomorrow?

EDIT: I just seen the comment above. Don't the papers come out at like 10/11pm in Dublin??

Soolander wrote: »
    Does this kind of stuff annoy anyone else? Like how do they even have access to this information so early. It was the same on results day where people were reading about the failure rate in maths before they had even received their results.

But anyways hope everyone gets what they want!

The press are given stats that are released by SEC and CAO every year.

daraghwal wrote: »

EDIT: I just seen the comment above. Don't the papers come out at like 10/11pm in Dublin??

I think when I got them back in 2013, it was around 5am, that the thing was eventually tracked down

Any advice for repeating? I am well off my course this year and have decided to repeat!

I think when I got them back in 2013, it was around 5am, that the thing was eventually tracked down
    Same last year, hopefully some saviour hunts them down this year

Any advice for repeating? I am well off my course this year and have decided to repeat!
    I didn't repeat, I got arts in ucd last year and did first year but I didn't enjoy it so I applied for the cao again. I know lots who did repeat though who say that if it's what you want then definitely do it. Take it from me don't accept your offer if you're not completely happy with it!!

Journal will have them at 6am, so it won't be too long a wait if no one gets them at 5

Journal will have them at 6am, so it won't be too long a wait if no one gets them at 5

They're out at 6 on CAO anyway

They're out at 6 on CAO anyway

Aw thats classic Journal.ie, acting like they got the scoop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

not gonna accept my CAO offer no matter what, but good luck guys! I can tell you from personal experience that repeating is no fun so don't be too rash when deciding to the LC again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Someone throw a brick through my window at 5:59am zzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wheelbarrow12

son relying on DARE and HEAR to get him over the line. We're not going to sleep tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Savvy student

I repeated this year, it's a lot of work and by no means a 'revision year'. But if it's something you want, you should go for it.

I'm slightly off the points this year (and praying for a drop in points) but I stand by my decision to repeat. I know now that I've done my best and that I've given myself every chance.

You know yourself best. If you really want the course go for it! Better to repeat than to go into a course that you don't love and regret not repeating.

Hope this helps. I know that it's an incredibly difficult decision. Good Luck tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

son relying on DARE and HEAR to get him over the line. We're not going to sleep tonight

Maybe someone can pick up the paper during the night from a friendly newsagents?
    I've seen it done lots here over the years if you look back at old threads.

Best of luck to your son

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wheelbarrow12

Lackey wrote: »
    Maybe someone can pick up the paper during the night from a friendly newsagents?

Best of luck to your son

we're not in the city so most won't be open until the early hours anyway. Just rang around, they don't get the papers until after 6 here.

Best of luck to your son

we're not in the city so most won't be open until the early hours anyway
    Hopefully someone will get one and post pics here, it's usually not until 5 anyway

Best of luck to your son

we're not in the city so most won't be open until the early hours anyway
    Hopefully someone will get one and post pics here, it's usually not until 5 anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

we're not in the city so most won't be open until the early hours anyway. Just rang around, they don't get the papers until after 6 here.

Well if you're up keep an eye here someone usually posts pics
    Best of luck again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matthew1998

I wonder what time the electronic PDF version of the Irish Independent/Irish times comes out at?

Advertisement