Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people think that you're weird?

Options
  • 27-05-2016 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Just been told I'm weird because I have no interest in the soccer or rugby...
    I have plenty of other interests but none in the above....
    Why have u been called a weirdo....and was is warranted????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Yeah I've been called a weirdo, but I don't get why people get bent out of shape because I'm looking in their window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Better to be weird than boring

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

jamesbere wrote: »
    Yeah I've been called a weirdo, but I don't get why people get bent out of shape because I'm looking in their window.

Typical exhibitionists, putting windows in their walls!!

I've seen Requiem for a Dream five times
    There are nights when I'm struck down by the heebiejeebies.
    I sometimes run from the kitchen to my bedroom after turning off the hall light.
    Crumbs in bed don't bother me.
    Keeping my toothbrush in the bathroom makes me feel uncomfortable so I don't.
    For years I could only poo in my own bathroom.
    I send my friend recordings of my voice in scary freaky mode.
    At times I can be quite clumsy and bruise easily. If they are real humdinger I'll take a photo just because.
    I like to save photos of creepy scary ghouls and send them to my friends in the middle of the night.
    When it comes to a particular film genre comedy is my least favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

hairyslug wrote: »
    Better to be weird than boring

But you can be weird and boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Who thinks Im weird? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Typical exhibitionists, putting windows in their walls!!

I know yeah. I mean they were looking out at me, why can't I look in at them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭luftmensch

Yeah, but I consider it a compliment. I'd hate to be ordinary, or the same as everyone else. Be yourself, who cares what anyone else thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

My family think I'm weird because I'm more interested in car engines than buying dresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Because I keep people chained up in the basement....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I travel round the country watching League of Ireland football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

Because I can be very quiet at times. Yes, I MUST be weird for not blabbing every inane thought that comes into my head, just so I can be seen to be saying something.

Everybody shaddap :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,693 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Because I can be very quiet at times. Yes, I MUST be weird for not blabbing every inane thought that comes into my head, just so I can be seen to be saying something.

Everybody shaddap :p
    I'm getting a strong mental image of Uma Thurman and John Travolta in Jack Rabbit Slim's here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I go to the cinema on my own.

My wife doesn't have the same taste in movies.

This makes me very weird and a loser apparently.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I donno but a guy hammering on a roof called me a paranoid little weirdo...

in Morse code.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I don't watch TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I superglue my toenail clippings to the outside of my workboots as a reminder of weeks past.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I got called weird today in work.

Someone was leaving so they left a box of roses. I tipped them out onto the desk and organised them into their own little piles, grouping the same chocolates together and the similar ones beside each other. Oh and symmetrical.

I see nothing wrong with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

People think I'm weird because I'm very quiet around people I don't know. I can never get my words out properly either and when I'm talking to other people I turn red!

I'm also weird because I LOVE the band Busted, I'm obsessed! (Going to see them Tuesday woooohoooo)

I'm pretty weird but I don't care. It's my life, no one else's so I'll like what I want and act how I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bandwagonesque

I've seen Requiem for a Dream five times.

Why on earth would you do that to yourself?!

Once was enough for me. Freaks me out for so many reasons. Utterly depressing. Though it is a great piece of film making. But still! Weirdo! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I remember when I was about 20 I was at a house party and a few of the "popular" girls I went to school with were there. One of them was like "Lia_lia, you are actually really nice! You were weird in school, and you still are weird, but you're really actually nice and good fun!". No reason for me being weird. Great I say.

Why on earth would you do that to yourself?!

Once was enough for me. Freaks me out for so many reasons. Utterly depressing. Though it is a great piece of film making. But still! Weirdo! :D

I am very weird :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

People think I'm weird because I really really REALLY don't like Pizza.

LirW wrote: »

Burn them with FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

When someone asks me "how are you?", I'll actually tell them how I am. Weird.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

LirW wrote: »

Me neither. Or pasta. Heading to Italy next week... I am just gonna fill up on wine ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

Probably because I don't fit in like most others, I like to constantly be learning, my downtime consists of me watching a film/documentary on the financial crash.
    I'm learning up on stocks and how to programme as opposed to going out on the weekends.
    I sleep about 6 hours a day.
    I don't want to be part of a group who just waste time and talk nonsense, I'm also quiet, introverted and analytical.

Or maybe it's because I communicate in random shrieks and screams.. I'm not sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I have two cats.
    I'd rather read a book than watch tv.
    I can hold my wee for hours if I want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I have two cats. I'd rather read a book than watch tv. I can hold my wee for hours if I want to.

We sound ridiculously similar except I currently have 9 cats!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

TheBiz wrote: »
    Probably because I don't fit in like most others, I like to constantly be learning, my downtime consists of me watching a film/documentary on the financial crash.
    I'm learning up on stocks and how to programme as opposed to going out on the weekends.
    I sleep about 6 hours a day.
    I don't want to be part of a group who just waste time and talk nonsense, I'm also quiet, introverted and analytical.

Or maybe it's because I communicate in random shrieks and screams.. I'm not sure...

Please tell me you're a woman!

Advertisement