Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch cups 2016

Options
  • 07-01-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭

Can't find the thread from last year.

I see Ballybunion have there scratch cups up already.
    Was going to play tralee and ballyb again this year if they are the same weekend.
    See they have it advertised as 12 to 18. Tralee was 10 to 18 last year.
    I have a feeling they did the same last year but when the booking opened it was 11 to 18 for ballybunion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

Only 2 scratch cups on Golfnet for Leinster (Bunclody and Carlow).

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Lucan's Junior and Senior Scratch Cups will be taking pace on May 1st.

It is anticapated the the Senior will be booked out quickly as the Barton Shield will be taking place three weeks later.

I will post up here when the timesheets will be going live. It will most like ly be the first week of April..

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

I emailed Tralee this morning regarding their intermediate scratch cup and it is on Saturday the 14th May. Ballybunion then on the Sunday. A great two days golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

fearruanua wrote: »
    I emailed Tralee this morning regarding their intermediate scratch cup and it is on Saturday the 14th May. Ballybunion then on the Sunday. A great two days golf.

They do it that way every year, just a scramble to get a tee time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Ronney

When are the tee times live for these does anyone know?

• Advertisement

Ronney wrote: »
    When are the tee times live for these does anyone know?

2/3 weeks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Is that intermediate only? Any idea when the junior scratches are on on both?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Junior scratch cup down for 29th in ballyb

dines08 wrote: »
    Is that intermediate only? Any idea when the junior scratches are on on both?

yeah that's the intermediate only.
    sorry not sure when the junior scratch cup is on in tralee.

28th May????? Day before Ballybunion

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jimjim12

yeah that's the intermediate only.
    sorry not sure when the junior scratch cup is on in tralee.

28th May????? Day before Ballybunion

The Tralee Junior Scratch Cup is 11th June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Ballyb & Tralee
    great weekend last year and I had decent scores in both.
    Looking forward to this year again if we can get a tee time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Is Golfnet generally an up to date source for these?

slingerz wrote: »

I wouldn't be depending on it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

slingerz wrote: »

Yep, all you need is 4 or 5 hours free time and your away

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭bazzer86

I wouldn't be depending on it tbh.

Probably early days for a full list of scratch cups to be up on golfnet is it? Id imagine it will be updated in the coming weeks/months. Is there a better way other than searching club by club?

If you have a idea of the clubs you want to play always worth checking their web site as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Hey lads, like yourselves, I found that it's a pain in the a*se to find a full list of scratch cup details online. The boards 2015 thread was the main source of info for me last year.

With that in mind, I've set up a simple web page, which will list as many scratch cup details as possible this year - www.irishscratchcups.com.

I'll add a bit of additional functionality down the line - filter by County/Month/Course. For now, I'll update it based on this thread. Keep 'em coming :-)

Any feedback is also welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭delboykelly

D Hayes wrote: »
    Hey lads, like yourselves, I found that it's a pain in the a*se to find a full list of scratch cup details online. The boards 2015 thread was the main source of info for me last year.

With that in mind, I've set up a simple web page, which will list as many scratch cup details as possible this year - www.irishscratchcups.com.

I'll add a bit of additional functionality down the line - filter by County/Month/Course. For now, I'll update it based on this thread. Keep 'em coming :-)

Fair play, good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Love it, great to have them on one page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Fair play D,

It'll take a bit of getting used to... the domain name is a bit too clear, could you have not called it scratchnet.com or something a little more obscure? The user interface is far too clean, I hope you intend to mess that up... All in all a good start but you've a way to go before you can match Golfnet. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

brlliant. well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

for anyone on facebook the following page is good for alot of irish golf info not just scratch cups but all the interclub event https://www.facebook.com/groups/irishgolfnoticeboard/1687142554831006/?notif_t=group_activity

shaunac93 wrote: »
    for anyone on facebook the following page is good for alot of irish golf info not just scratch cups but all the interclub event https://www.facebook.com/groups/irishgolfnoticeboard/1687142554831006/?notif_t=group_activity

Great resource - gives loads of scratch cups fixture details.

I'll keep tipping away at this one too. There are a few scratch cups upcoming in March I've noticed. In Cork, Fota senior scratch and Muskerry junior scratch cup. Timesheets online soon.

More info on the site - http://www.irishscratchcups.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Fair play, great to have a list in one location as the GUI site is patchy at best. Would be useful to have the facility of sorting by date or any of your headings ideally.
    Another good source is http://www.topgolfer.ie/tour but I see you've already mentioned some of their events so something you've probably already aware of.

Just on scratch cups in general I played in New Forest last year for the first time. Fabulous tough course but thought it was over priced at €30 especially as the greens were sanded and it's quite remote so involves a decent journey for most. I mentioned the price to the organisers after while looks to have fallen on deaf ears since they're adopted a similar price plan this year and really hosing their own members for a staggering €20.

Also disappointed to see Portmarnock Links back on a Fri again this year, missed it last year because it was on a Fri. Scratch cups should really be weekend affairs but some clubs seem to be using them as an excuse to get players in on off peak times or alternatively charging a premium for playing in them which is not the traditional nature of scratch cups.

Fair play, great to have a list in one location as the GUI site is patchy at best. Would be useful to have the facility of sorting by date or any of your headings ideally.

Noted, thanks. I'll be adding this in shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Thanks, one more to add to the list:
    Slieve Russell Junior Scratch Cup, Sat 30th Jul, handicaps 4-9. 36 holes including halfway lunch for the princely sum of €60.

Fine course but on the expensive end for such a long journey but 36 holes does make such a trip a little more worth while. That said their opens are €30 this year so a 36 hole competition is not really an excuse to double the entry fee. With courses such as Lucan (Carlow in the past) offering 36 holes including lunch for €30 they're not offering great value.

Muskerry Junior Scratch Cup booking went online today:

http://www.brsgolf.com/muskerry/opens_home.php

Top 32 (I think) qualifiers play in a knock out competition later on in the Spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Lucan's Junior and Senior Scratch Cups will be taking pace on May 1st.

It is anticapated the the Senior will be booked out quickly as the Barton Shield will be taking place three weeks later.

I will post up here when the timesheets will be going live. It will most like ly be the first week of April..

Updates on Lucan

The Senior Scratch Cup over 36 Holes will take place as a stand alone event on Sunday May 1st due to the high demand of clubs looking for slots prior to the hosting of the Barton Shield.

The Junior Scratch Cup will take place on Monday June 6th (June Bank Holiday). This will also be held over 36 holes and 72 slots are available for this.

I will have a definite date later this week as to when the timesheets are going live

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Moate - May 28th & 29th - Scratch Cups (Sponsored by Joe Digan, Spar Express Moate)

Senior (+-3), Junior (4-9), Intermediate (10-18), Minor (19-28)

Just €15 for visitors if anyone fancies it. ONLINE BOOKING IS NOW OPEN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I might have to burn a few brownie points, but definitely going to try and get to the Lucan Junior Scratch this year. I've been promising it to myself for years

Advertisement