Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matt Brammeier signs for MTN-Qhubka

Options
  • 15-01-2015 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭

Nice to see Brammeier back in the big time ( so to speak)
    Would be ncie to see him lead out Eddy Boss or Matti Goss for some wins in 2015...and who knows might be able to get some himself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Look like a team going places. Might see 5 Irish riders in Paris this year with a bit of luck. Think 3 in one year is the record as it stands according to days Examiner.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Look like a team going places. Might see 5 Irish riders in Paris this year with a bit of luck. Think 3 in one year is the record as it stands according to days Examiner.
    There were 4 starters one year.

Have sent a screenshot to the Examiner and told them to get their facts correct. :)

For the record, who and what year? Nice trivia question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

Roche, Kelly, Kimmage and Earley in 1986?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

happytramp wrote: »

Kelly was out with a knee injury in 86

• Advertisement

Have sent a screenshot to the Examiner and told them to get their facts correct. :)

For the record, who and what year? Nice trivia question.

Roche, Roche, Kelly and Early.
    Only Lawrence Roche finished though.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Fr D Maugire

happytramp wrote: »

Pedantic Statto alert;)

Actually Kelly didn't start in 86 due to injury.

4 riders started three times, in 87/89, those quoted above. Kelly/Kimmage didn't finish 87. Roche/Kimmage didn't finish 89.

1991 also with Laurece Roche instead of Kimmage. Only Laurence finished that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

I wonder if Deignan is in with a shout to start? He's certainly good enough as he showed last year but they might use him in the Giro.

Even though we might possibly see 5 Irish riders at the start, there could be none.

Roche has talked about favouring the Vuelta and there are enough decent guys at SKY anyways without him. I can see Deignan being given the Giro/Vuelta again.

Martin has also talked about preferring the Vuelta.

Bennett? depends on what his team decide but would seem more likely this year if he shows the same form.

Ironically Brammier could be best shout if put as a lead-out guy but I think a South African team will take a few Africans to the Tour. Anyways, when you have Farrar, Bos, Ciolek, Goss, Eddy B, who will lead out who?

Right now I would say we might only see Bennett at the Tour but long way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Roche is riding the Tour according to Sir Dave Brailsford ....but if you know something else ?? :D

Of course there is many a slip between cup and lip and we don't know till it begins who will be there

I also think Martin wil be at the Tour ....he has already talked about the stages in the first week esp the 2 finishes on Murs that suit him...he could win those 2

Bennett wil be at the Tour as he is their best talent and if his training data is anything to go by is measuring up nicely to be a super sprinter

I think Brammeier will be at the Tour as he is probly the only lead out guy MTN Qhubecka have with enough experience and he was signed once they knew they had the Tour invite

The only one I have a question over is Deignan as he may be used at the Giro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Martin likely to ride the tour - in recent interviews he has reiterated the Ardennes week as his primary goal with the two Muur stages in TDF as goals (Huy and Bretagne).

MPFG wrote: »
    Roche is riding the Tour according to Sir Dave Brailsford ....but if you know something else ?? :D

Of course there is many a slip between cup and lip and we don't know till it begins who will be there

I also think Martin wil be at the Tour ....he has already talked about the stages in the first week esp the 2 finishes on Murs that suit him...he could win those 2

Bennett wil be at the Tour as he is their best talent and if his training data is anything to go by is measuring up nicely to be a super sprinter

I think Brammeier will be at the Tour as he is probly the only lead out guy MTN Qhubecka have with enough experience and he was signed once they knew they had the Tour invite

The only one I have a question over is Deignan as he may be used at the Giro

Typical, I can automatically quote stats from 20+years ago but struggle with stuff happening in the last month.

Typical, I can automatically quote stats from 20+years ago but struggle with stuff happening in the last month.

Nothing for it but fish oil ....2 portions of oily fish a week or very good supplements
    I have a fantastic memory :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

great news for what seems to be a decent lad

Roches program (according to Stickbottle) looks like he'll be riding support for Froome.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Roches program (according to Stickbottle) looks like he'll be riding support for Froome.

The same way he did for Bertie and others last year and the year before

I have to say I am disappointed his program is almost identical to Froome ...so no opportunity to lead......And Froome is talking about doing the Vuelta as well
    Konig is co leading the Giro with Porte and I thought Nico would have been given a chance in the Ardennes but is only doing FW as is Froome as recce for Tpur I suspect so he will be positioning Froome on the Mur de Huy

In fairness to TCS Roche did get some chances but was in 2014 unable ti take them
    In fainress to SKY his program looks lighher than at TCS so after the Tour he may not be totally wiped out
    ..and before everyone starts that he is only good enough to be a domestique ...I am tlaking about leadership in a stage race or one day race

Remember he has done better in a Grand Tour than Dan Martin and Dan would never consider signing up to ride his GTs as a domestique

As cycling podcast said.....When Kruesiger & Nibali started out Kreusiger was considered the bigger talent but not once ddi Niabli consider being a domestique...he never saw himself that way while Kreuziger did....

I guess if you take the SKY train you pay the piper

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I have to say I am disappointed his program is almost identical to Froome ...so no opportunity to lead......And Froome is talking about doing the Vuelta as well
    Can't see Froome doing the Vuelta if he podiums in the Tour tbh.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Can't see Froome doing the Vuelta if he podiums in the Tour tbh.

Plan B I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

Can't see Konig being used as a lead in the Giro ahead of Porte either. Looks like Sky will send a strong team to Giro to work Contador over for Le Tour

• Advertisement

Junior wrote: »
    Can't see Konig being used as a lead in the Giro ahead of Porte either. Looks like Sky will send a strong team to Giro to work Contador over for Le Tour

Konig gave an interview saying he was co-lead ....might have been promised by Dave Brailsford ...who knows ....maybe Sir Dave is keeping him sweet and also covering his back in case Porte has a few bad days....
    Maybe Dave is ensuring plan B's all over the place in 2015 as they had none in 2014 ??

But could be as you say SKY only interested in Le Tour and thus a ploy to weaken Contador & his team early with Konig, Henao & Porte keeping them on their toes and maybe going up the road so they are stung out on who to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Matt won the final stage of the 2.1 Ster ZLM Toer today. Soloed to a 25 second win. Apart from his national crowns, this is surely the best result of his career

Matt won the final stage of the 2.1 Ster ZLM Toer today. Soloed to a 25 second win. Apart from his national crowns, this is surely the best result of his career
    Great result...delighted for him...he battles so hard and I think he is disappointed to not be going to the Tour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Great result...delighted for him...he battles so hard and I think he is disappointed to not be going to the Tour

He has plenty of beer to help him get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Sounds very nasty. season is over i assume but he posted a photo and he looks like he is in good spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Caution, horrific crash...
    https://youtu.be/Wv0rjqfKUZM

gman2k wrote: »
    Caution, horrific crash...
    https://youtu.be/Wv0rjqfKUZM

Bloody hell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Another perspective

Advertisement