Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad photos on done deal

Options
  • 09-11-2014 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭

What have people got against taking photos in daylight of stock on done deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

I'd buy her in a shot. You can tell she's healthy by the bright eyes. She'd be easy to find in the dark aswell.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

lalababa wrote: »
    I'd buy her in a shot. You can tell she's healthy by the bright eyes. She'd be easy to find in the dark aswell.:D

Aye she could calve out no bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

I said wrote: »
    you have to remember its thhat time of year when a lot of lads go to work in the dark and home in the dark, i know with my own situation im getting to the stage where a sunday is about the only day i'll see them in the daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Head up ears forward, it could be that it's the only way he can get close enough to take a pic.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I've seen photos of tractors in the middle of a field and wonder is it the field or the tractor they want to sell :mad:

If they aren't a mile away from the tractor they have to take an up close shot with half the tractor cut out.

• Advertisement

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I've seen photos of tractors in the middle of a field and wonder is it the field or the tractor they want to sell :mad:

If they aren't a mile away from the tractor they have to take an up close shot with half the tractor cut out.

Or ten different shots of tractor and not one of inside of cab to see what sort of dogs abuse it has gotten

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Or ten different shots of tractor and not one of inside of cab to see what sort of dogs abuse it has gotten

Remember seeing an ad for a tractor not too long ago. Ten photos but all with half the tractor ,showing no bonnet. If ya looked close at one of the photos you noticed the engine was missing. Not a mention of the in the ad tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Or the ad. which just said "tractor" and no make specified. photos so bad, it took a while to figure out that it was the remains of a zetor half buried under junk, with both halves of the back axle missing.......

http://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/tractor/7968569

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Future Farmer

Why do people even bother wasting the 3 euro

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Why do people even bother wasting the 3 euro

Think clothes ads are free to post on Donedeal at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Think it may be someone's idea of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Looks like Reggie or FF are not fans of lovehate.

893bet wrote: »

Hate that love/hate

893bet wrote: »

It's a load of rubbish but like everything in Ireland if enough people start praising it most people will watch it not to be the odd ones out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Sam Kade wrote: »
    It's a load of rubbish but like everything in Ireland if enough people start praising it most people will watch it not to be the odd ones out :rolleyes:

I only recently started watching it. The first three seasons are put to gather exceptional well. Visually it's brilliant I think. The only mistake I think is they kill people off for the sake of it sometimes.

But back to Donedeal, guys put up ads with no details, with no price & with poor photos regularly.

But back to Donedeal, guys put up ads with no details, with no price & with poor photos regularly.
    Or no photos :mad:

http://www.donedeal.ie/dairycattle-for-sale/5-fr-calved-heifers/8066979

Or this one it's a David Brown 995 with power loader a nice machine :rolleyes: it's overpriced more than likely an early cheap quickie loader worth no more than €150.

http://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/nice-machine/8066572

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

and wonder why they get no calls or call those who do ring looking for a price time wasters:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,476 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    and wonder why they get no calls or call those who do ring looking for a price time wasters:)

Yea.
    Adds saying "relisted due to timewaseter" for means that reads, last lad saw it was a pile of ****e and I'm still looking for a fool to buy my piece of crap.

Ah lads for fcuks sake

Lads don't know if ye are dairy men but I feel sorry for this fella, selling heifers in calf to that, second time I have seen them up. TIX - EBI of €49, -€68 on milk, -426 milk, -27kg of solids, +.09 fat & 0.00 protein. Easy calved alright 1.8% at 97% reliability but daughters calving difficulty 8.4% at 76%, an awful bull. He would be way better off saying easy calving br fr and leave it at that.

http://www.donedeal.ie/beefcattle-for-sale/freisen-heifers-for-sale/7934186

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Suckler

That kind of tripe is a pet hate of mine with Donedeal. No description, no make/model number provided so if I use the search function I don't get all the results, of course it's no wonder some of the stuff does be up there for months at a time.

One lad was selling "Charly heifers". :rolleyes:

Another selling "Tractor", click on the item thinking it looks vaguely like one I'm after. Note in the details "Not actual tractor in picture but same colour". Christ.:mad:

Pictures of tractors blatantly in America/Germany/France: how these are permitted to be put up I'll never know.

A lad was selling a Lely acrobat, had a video up showing it being worked as well as ten pics. Wasn't up long before it was sold.

Cabs of tractors falling down with rust but bonnet "re-sprayed"; you can still see the brush strokes.

MF 390T / Fiat 110/90 both notorious models for being overpriced. just because they've seen a few tidy and clean looking machines priced at 20K they figure their rusty ball of dung is worth the same money (As _Brian says, the "timewaster" line from them never takes too long)

It would be great if it was segregated properly like mascus.co.uk.

There should be a special section for halfwits to advertise rusty sh1te, Charly heifers and imaginary tractors.

Edit: "Tyres 90%" - You mean 90% worn, they look like tyres Lewis Hamilton would be racing in they're that slick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

Lads don't know if ye are dairy men but I feel sorry for this fella, selling heifers in calf to that, second time I have seen them up. TIX - EBI of €49, -€68 on milk, -426 milk, -27kg of solids, +.09 fat & 0.00 protein. Easy calved alright 1.8% at 97% reliability but daughters calving difficulty 8.4% at 76%, an awful bull. He would be way better off saying easy calving br fr and leave it at that.

http://www.donedeal.ie/beefcattle-for-sale/freisen-heifers-for-sale/7934186
    They'd probably rear a great calf though!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

Suckler wrote: »
    .."Tyres 90%" - You mean 90% worn, they look like tyres Lewis Hamilton would be racing in they're that slick.

Yeah, they're great at measuring the wear at the outside of the lug, doesn't matter that they're bald in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea.
    Adds saying "relisted due to timewaseter" for means that reads, last lad saw it was a pile of ****e and I'm still looking for a fool to buy my piece of crap.

in fairness this isnt always true. i sold a few machines on dd and have to say i still have some of them. deposits paid and then no show for ages or land tell you they will take them and then start landing with 50 at a time. i ve readvertised twice with one machine and have had multitudes of buyers, but then for one reason or another it gets re-advertised. i even had a pair of lads break into a scrap in the middle of the yard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

Miname wrote: »
    in fairness this isnt always true. i sold a few machines on dd and have to say i still have some of them. deposits paid and then no show for ages or land tell you they will take them and then start landing with 50 at a time. i ve readvertised twice with one machine and have had multitudes of buyers, but then for one reason or another it gets re-advertised. i even had a pair of lads break into a scrap in the middle of the yard.

+ 1. In fairness anyone that ever sold anything on done deal has come across time wasters. The first thing I sold on DD this guy rang me and promised he'd be down to look at it the following weekend and to keep it for him. He promised the asking price and being a trusting sort (back then) I believed him and told other callers it was sold. Lesson learned. Needless to say he never arrived. Funnily enough the silly pr!ck has rung me for two other things I put up since along with a pile of idiots like him looking for a chat. Some awful gobsh1tes out there in DD land.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

towzer2010 wrote: »
    + 1. In fairness anyone that ever sold anything on done deal has come across time wasters. The first thing I sold on DD this guy rang me and promised he'd be down to look at it the following weekend and to keep it for him. He promised the asking price and being a trusting sort (back then) I believed him and told other callers it was sold. Lesson learned. Needless to say he never arrived. Funnily enough the silly pr!ck has rung me for two other things I put up since along with a pile of idiots like him looking for a chat. Some awful gobsh1tes out there in DD land.

Its called dung deal for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Still not as bad as Adverts.ie. Fellows messaging you with ludicrous price offers, or else with offers of swops, anything from untaxed, untested 15 year old cars to offers of 3 hours "free" tattoo work!

Advertisement