Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'But can he do it on a wet, cold winter night in …'- League

Options
  • 30-10-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

Edit 21/10/2015 (results table added)

BCHDIOACWNI_s10.png

Hi all,

I got myself some credits to extend my GOLD membership ...not much else happening in my life anyways... and have enough left to create my own custom GW ...

So, ...

I'm taking suggestions on what to do GW-wise

Below are what I've in mind but I'm willing to take suggestions

3D's of 16teams or 4Ds of 12teams or 5Ds of 10teams
    probably going with 'BIG' teams - but when your turn comes pick any team you want. ( VOTING ON THIS)

I'm thinking people throw their names down.
    Once we have75% of the spaces filled, I'll do a random generator to get the order in which people get to pick their team (Except for me .. I'm going first ;)) ...
    This should get over the dissapointment of being 17th signing up and not getting the team you wanted because you signed up late, ... now wont get the team you wanted because random number generators HATE YOU :D

All teams get the same starting budget
    if we go BIG Clubs - 45m
    if we go MEDIUM Clubs - 10m

Loan Rules
    loaning from unmanaged or external clubs OFF
    Maximum of 3 loaned in players

Transfer Rules
    Can only have ONE active deals with one particular club at a time
    Can only complete THREE deals with one particular club per season
    Buying from unmanaged - ON
    Can offer cash and players in deals to external clubs (clubs not in any league)

Advanced Rules
    Economy Level | Strong Economy
    Player can develop concerns |YES
    SMFA monitoring transfers on |YES
    Can only offer cash to clubs in deals | NO
    Buying from Unmanaged Clubs | ALLOWED
    Buying from External Clubs | ALLOWED
    No buying over the age of | ANY AGE ALLOWED
    No buying players rated over | ANY RATING ALLOWED
    Cannot do cash transfers over | ANY LIMIT ALLOWED
    NO Transfer windows | Transfers can take place at anytime throughout the season.
    Can only buy players with the same nationality as your club |NO
    Manager sacked if they finish in bottom | NO MANAGERS SACKED
    Manager must login to this Game World at least every |14 days
    Club starting balance | 10M
    Club squads |Default squads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

1. GT_TDI_150 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

2: Burlap :cool:

1: GT_TDI_150 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Do you need gold membership to join?

Nope, as long as you have a slot left for a team ... you can join

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

1: GT_TDI_150
    2: Burlap
    3. Tonic wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

3: bazarakus

tonic wine wrote: »
    3. Twincam

:eek:

you mean tonic wine right? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Think I have how many teams can you have?

Not sure mate, I'll add ya for now, in the mean time try adding a club on SM and see what it says

1: GT_TDI_150 :rolleyes:
    3: Tonic Wine
    4: bazarakus
    5: King_size_mars_bar

• Advertisement

Before going forward with a new GW, can we discuss people's opinions why other new GW's have failed/lost interest and take away any learnings from this to prevent this from happening in this GW.

My reasons:
    Too many teams and too many divisions starting off, then managers drop off, leaving big gaps of unmanaged teams in each division.

No buying from unmanaged - This for me is a massive one. I understand the idea and reason behind this, but it ends up with the transfer list been a complete mess. Loads of players from unmanaged teams get listed, and it actually gets hard to identify which actually players are transfer listed from managed teams.

Then add to this 15+ messages every day because the transfer collapsed as the SMFA refuse to sanction such a deal means managers stop reading mails and start to lose interaction with the GW.

Just my thoughts. It's your GW. I'm happy to go along with your rules. Just hope interest doesn't fade away like others.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

6: Gerp99

One of my reaons for loosing interest in some world is too large a budget ( ie. 200-300m starting off, I find that all the action happens in wks 1 and 2 and then it goes dead.

I see what you are saying on the msgs on players getting bought from unmanaged bit for season one I want to protect the team to make sure they remain attractive

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    :eek:

you mean tonic wine right? ;)

LOL, quick search of the user twincam, notice last detectives from SM to do the same :D
    No, i don't have two accounts for soccer manager :eek:;) :D

Twincam would be on another forum :cool:

What about a limit on 90+ players in the squad. Like maybe 14 max and then open up buying from unmanaged.

What about a limit on 90+ players in the squad. Like maybe 14 max and then open up buying from unmanaged.

Cool idea but id like to stick to things the game enforces rather than relying on gentlemens agreements... The squad size in one of the other leagurs has been breached a few times because people forgot about it.

I'd rather buying from unmanaged was allowed for the same reason as tonic wine to clean up the transfer list...The EB league list is useless at this stage.

I'd rather buying from unmanaged was allowed for the same reason as tonic wine to clean up the transfer list...The EB league list is useless at this stage.

Ill take it into consideration... Like i sai give me ur opinions lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

gerp99 wrote: »
    7. Jukebox2310

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭phone2000

8. Phone2000

• Advertisement

I'm up for it. Few things that I don't like about the Boards league is that I joined late and had a small budget and squad. I find it difficult to deal in the transfer market because of the hoarding of players. I would be in favour of squad caps but I understand it is not enforceable.

The other thing that makes it unequal at the start is the actual team that you get. Obviously the big clubs have the best player and largest revenue where as the smaller teams are always at a disadvantage regardless if the big teams are set to poor economy.

I.am not a gold member but what I would love to play in is a league where all the big teams are left out and all the teams are of a similar standard. That way money does not come in to it as such and then transfers become more exciting because you may only be able to afford one super player a year or 2 very good, 3 good etc.

To me that would make transfers way mire exciting, there would more big players in the pot the whole time, you would have to make to.make tough decisions as in which do I go with in the example above and also new players would have big players available if they joined as it would take a long time get all the top players away fron their parent clubs.

7: Jukebox2310
    8: Phone2000
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

9: Tommycahir
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:

My Two Cents:

No buying from Unmanaged clubs only works after season 1 or 2. It’s good to put the brakes on certain teams hogging all the good players. What happens is as managers leave, certain strong clubs snaffle all the talent and sit on it. When you introduce a ban from buying from Unmanaged clubs later you give the chance for players to go back to their real world clubs. Then when you lift the ban, the weakest teams in the league will naturally have the advantage as they will be able to bid more.

Give everyone the max 300m transfer kitty. This will mean the mega-clubs with monster stadia (Bayern, Barca, Real) won’t be the only ones able to afford players year after year.

Turn off SMFA monitoring. It doesn’t work. It just serves to frustrate, not to police the gameworld.

Don’t have more than three divisions.

Recently joined a game world with a ban on buying from Unmanaged clubs. Already bored with it and left as I could buy nobody, literally. No buying from Unmanaged clubs ruined it. All the best clubs were taken, which was good. But the transfer market was dead. Unless you were interested in buying loads of young risers (and at ca 13 clubs I don’t have the time or energy to find out who Stevenage’s next young starlet will be). Have quit that one already.

Joined one which made all players free agents at the start meaning you had 300m and no players. That was great fun, but they put too many teams in so there were only about 20 clubs managed across the four divisions. Also if a team becomes or remains Unmanaged for any length of time, the game resets from a cash perspective and the 300m disappears. Was fun for transfers at the start, but didn’t morph into any sort of a good game world. Have quit that one too.

I don’t quit game worlds easy. Most of the 13 clubs I manage I have been at for more than 5 years.

What works from the old leagues I’m in is selecting “medium clubs” to make up the game world. That means you leave most of the Champions League Real World clubs out. Medium sized teams with medium sized stadiums (Dutch, Belgian, French, mid-German, Spurs, Everton, Newcastle from England and some American and South American clubs. This has a number of effects – everyone’s on a level playing field, everyone has enough stadium seats to pay the wages, the glamour clubs are all left out of the game world so the Champions League and UEFA Cup games are interesting. Also managers are attracted because they maybe get to manage a team they maybe haven’t managed before. I manage (though I bought it second hand after a pal gave up the game) a gw similar to this called Footballitis TiNO. Hey. Have a look. It’s good (and been going for years).

But – hey – it’s your party. There is no secret to getting a gw together that works. You just gotta go for it and try to keep folk interested. OK probably a little more than two cents but there you go.

bazarakus wrote: »
    My Two Cents:

Wise words.....I second these ideas, especially the 300mil starting balance to help level out teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

9: Tommycahir
    10: Peanut Butter Jelly
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:

The big budget is the one think I really dont like and I think it serve to create a manic first week with nothing happening then for weeks on end.

If People are interested I'm willing to do Championship clubs or 2nd tier teams in this GW.

Its good to get a discussion going, I'm not going to be able to please every angle but I'll do what I can.

The big budget is the one think I really dont like and I think it serve to create a manic first week with nothing happening then for weeks on end.

If People are interested I'm willing to do Championship clubs or 2nd tier teams in this GW.

Its good to get a discussion going, I'm not going to be able to please every angle but I'll do what I can.

IN one of my game worlds (the UAS) it's all English clubs. The advantage is 1) the CL games are always against proper big clubs, and 2) When the inevitable happens and some managers quit, you can usually find good players out at the Externals.

While i see the attraction of the idea of an all english GW...id be worried about filling it, even if it was just PL and Championship but let me know what ye think....

• Advertisement

I agree about the budget. The fun goes after the initial transfers are made.
    I personally believe that if the budgets are small and the clubs are mid sized then the big players can be bought from externals continually and thought has to be put in to buying the one star or 2/3 mid players.
    This keeps the interest if players leave and new ones come in.
    Just my thoughts and look forward to playing whatever way it is set up

Advertisement