Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

delly wrote: »
    Regarding the BR form, I have had mine sent back with a few missing DOB and full addresses. In these cases, persons have been dead for 50 years and no one is around to verify the missing DOB which could be early 1900s. Addresses as well are in townlands which in some case are derelict, so no Eircode assigned.

What happens if you have exhausted all avenues for certain info, but just can't get it?
    Hi delly,in that case,the best thing to do is check with HR that everything is ok with your returned BR form.If there's an issue they will tell you.You'll have piece of mind that your form is all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Stage 2 date for Kildare applications :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

Hi all,
    quick question dress cod for interview? im up for the 12th not sure what to wear, very dressy or dress/causally thing ? help please

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

2016claire wrote: »
    Hi all,
    quick question dress cod for interview? im up for the 12th not sure what to wear, very dressy or dress/causally thing ? help please

I wore a full suit, as were most of the other men. Women had the equivalent office formal wear, but that's a topic that's waaaay out of my skillset.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Popbouncer wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I got a message on Public jobs about 2 months ago in relation to having passed stage 1 of the reserves and placing 7th. What exactly does placing signify???

And how long can I expect to wait for stage 2 ??

Thanks

I got placed & qualified no.433 and still nothing? I wonder have they even started Dublin yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Viking123

Hi guys, I have my interview on the 26th, does anybody know what the written exercise entails? Would it be like the Report Writing Exercise in the Garda Trainee Stage 2 Assessment?

Viking123 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have my interview on the 26th, does anybody know what the written exercise entails? Would it be like the Report Writing Exercise in the Garda Trainee Stage 2 Assessment?

Best of luck, which county are you from? Where did you place? I'm in Dublin and I passed and got placed in the low 400's . Still haven't heard for stage 2?

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Best of luck, which county are you from? Where did you place? I'm in Dublin and I passed and got placed in the low 400's . Still haven't heard for stage 2?

Westmeath, placed 17th, if you passed stage 1 you'll definitely be called for stage 2, it may take a while but you'll get there eventually! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

Nearly in September still no word on medicals or training , or has anyone heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Have had my interview with local skipper...... waiting on date to be contacted re district officer interview......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Jamie83

gem112 wrote: »
    Have had my interview with local skipper...... waiting on date to be contacted re district officer interview......

Hi
    How long ago did u apply and what area are you

First interview in may..... Dublin. .....just waiting for a interview date with the super.....

Anyone else heard anything

Anyone else heard anything

I had meeting with Sergeant a few weeks back,and have meeting with Super this Wednesday.

Happy days....are you in Dublin ...... best of luck

Happy days....are you in Dublin ...... best of luck

Cheers gem112.I'm in Donegal.I was part of the group that was to start training back in 2015,but had our dates cancelled.so back to sweating buckets until I finally walk in Templemore gates.

That's a long wait.....it looks like they are moving quick on the last advertisement....... from reading here there was a long wait from first interview till the interview with the super

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

I was placed 1 in Clare and have an interview and assessment on Saturday, what can i expect questions wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

Its just a matter of waiting , just coming up to my eight year in the Reserve and the it was the best thing I ever did

Its just a matter of waiting , just coming up to my eight year in the Reserve and the it was the best thing I ever did

Fair play to you, I just got word that I passed my interview and Garda Siochana will be in touch in due course. As a reserve do you get your own ID badge and carry it at all times or is that just for full time Guards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

Well done on passing .....Upon attestation (swearing your oath) you are presented with you ID and Badge. Under the regulations you are only allowed carry your ID when on duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jonnymurphy

Anybody get an email today for results for interview for dublin that was on sat 26th August
    I passed just wondering how long to the next stage thanks

Anybody get an email today for results for interview for dublin that was on sat 26th August
    I passed just wondering how long to the next stage thanks

I'm in the Dublin section. I've only passed stage 1, onto stage 2, I haven't heard anything about progression? I qualified in the 400's.. how did u get on??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jonnymurphy

I was placed 200 and had stage 2 interviews on 26th of August got email saying i passed and have been forward to garda HQ for more testing

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Hi, I got my invite today to attend stage 2 of the garda reserve. What can I expect from this stage? Anone who has done this stagemail could you tell me what happens on the day.it would be very much appreciated. You can PM me if you would like. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

vardy98 wrote: »
    Hi, I got my invite today to attend stage 2 of the garda reserve. What can I expect from this stage? Anone who has done this stagemail could you tell me what happens on the day.it would be very much appreciated. You can PM me if you would like. Thanks.

What co is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

What do you mean by co, do you mean county, I'm in Wexford in the 40s.

vardy98 wrote: »
    What do you mean by co, do you mean county, I'm in Wexford in the 40s.

Ok son is waiting but not currently living in wex

Ok son is waiting but not currently living in wex

Claire got my invite for stage 2 today also mid 400's co.dublin

• Advertisement

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Claire got my invite for stage 2 today also mid 400's co.dublin

Great, will text him and see. Ta.

Advertisement