Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

Im in Dublin and had interview on 17th June.Got email yesterday to say I passed interview..Garda HQ will be in contact with me for references/backround checks

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

m in Dublin and had interview on 17th June.Got email yesterday to say I passed interview..Garda HQ will be in contact with me for references/backround checks and medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 issagenius88

Just got an email from Garda HR requesting information that am unable to get.

Grandfather and Grandmother date of birth - my mum herself doesn't know her own date of birth lol

Father date of birth and address -- I have never met my father and he passed on years ago and had no contact with his family.

Uncle and aunt postal address - back home in Kenya we don't use postal address as it's not the norm

Is that the end of me ??? I have wrote back to them explaining the same

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

I sent my BR forms off back in April still no word on medicals, I reckon it'll be when they have a checked the first 50-100 candidates backgrounds that they'll bring a large group forward for medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

Lads any word on medicals or training?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

There won't be anyword about Medicals or Training until they have interviews completed.So,from your BR Form being submitted to HR,you'll eventually get a call from your local station,to meet with the Sergeant.He or she,will refer that onto the local Superintendant,whereby you'll have to meet him or her.That then gets passed back,for the rest of Vetting to be completed.Until all that takes place,and vetting is complete,you won't hear anything about a medical date.Keep checking with HR,on how your application is progressing.

donman wrote: »
    There won't be anyword about Medicals or Training until they have interviews completed.So,from your BR Form being submitted to HR,you'll eventually get a call from your local station,to meet with the Sergeant.He or she,will refer that onto the local Superintendant,whereby you'll have to meet him or her.That then gets passed back,for the rest of Vetting to be completed.Until all that takes place,and vetting is complete,you won't hear anything about a medical date.Keep checking with HR,on how your application is progressing.

Interviews are done last I heard !!!

You may be right Trackerjacker,but Sergeant and Superintendant Interviews are still part of your vetting.Their report back to HR,has to get the stamp of approval.It unfortunately is just a waiting game.

You may be right Trackerjacker,but Sergeant and Superintendant Interviews are still part of your vetting.Their report back to HR,has to get the stamp of approval.It unfortunately is just a waiting game.

Can't believe the summer is nearly gone and a class still hasn't been organized. Sure waiting years now ,been waiting long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Apologies for what is probably a stupid question but can you still fail the competition after the local sergeant and superintendent interview you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Boscorelli

Apologies for what is probably a stupid question but can you still fail the competition after the local sergeant and superintendent interview you?

Yes, you can still be deemed unsuitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Anyone from Kildare been interviewed?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

Hi all,

Got invited to stage 2, anyone can give me advice on what to do, please and thanks , im trying to fill out the interview form bit hard but ok any advice is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

I was single digits in an Eastern county but I had to drop out because the process wasn't going to be done quick enough to fit my circumstances.
    It was over 4 weeks from getting the stage 1 results to interview notification.

I'm 3 and a half years waiting ,the process is crazy slow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

2016claire wrote: »
    Hi all,

Got invited to stage 2, anyone can give me advice on what to do, please and thanks , im trying to fill out the interview form bit hard but ok any advice is much appreciated.

The interview form is more about showing who you are as a person, what your interests are etc. They may use this info during the interview, so just be as honest as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Popbouncer

Hi everyone.

I got a message on Public jobs about 2 months ago in relation to having passed stage 1 of the reserves and placing 7th. What exactly does placing signify???

And how long can I expect to wait for stage 2 ??

Thanks

Popbouncer wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I got a message on Public jobs about 2 months ago in relation to having passed stage 1 of the reserves and placing 7th. What exactly does placing signify???

Thanks

Hi Popbouncer,I'm only assuming 7th may refer to your placing for your County.Someone else may be able to clarify that.2 months is a long time with no info.You'd be best to contact Publicjobs for an update on your application and what is happening.What I've learned like a few on here,who are waiting years to get in,is keep checking with the powers that be.Keep us posted on how you get on,as it helps everyone on here depending at what stage they are at,when they have info to work off.We're all in the same boat,be it at different levels of the process,trying to reach the same goal.Good luck in the process.

Popbouncer wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Thanks

i just got invited to stage 2 so you probably will as well soon depends on the location

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jamie199323

Hey gang would any of ye be interested in a what's app group?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Jamie83

Sounds like a great idea let me know how I can join?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jamie83

Jamie83 wrote: »

It's not created yet but ya I think it would be a good idea..not sure how we would set it up in terms of keeping numbers confidential

• Registered Users Posts: 11 issagenius88

It's not created yet but ya I think it would be a good idea..not sure how we would set it up in terms of keeping numbers confidential

Maybe creat one on kik ??

Maybe creat one on kik ??

To be honest I think what's app would be better as most people would use this more so then Kik ..if u want to send your number in private mail I can add you too the group. .

BR form very hard any advise ?

Hi Claire2016,BR Form is alot of work,but make sure you leave nothing out.I know everyone wants to get it done and in as fast as possible,but if you miss out on a date,address or anything,it can really delay your application,and the chances of you being contacted about something missing is slim.So you'll end up waiting and waiting and waiting.Also,if you've ever been to court and ended up with a conviction,put it down.From personal experience,I had a conviction(I know......TUT,TUT and all that,lol.It was Minor),but it was over 20 years ago,but still remains on my record.Don't chance it,as Vetting will find it,and it could end up the end of the road for your application.So really,make sure you have every ''i'' dotted & ''t'' crossed,and re-read it a few times over,before forwarding it on.

Sorry...........2016claire.Back to front.

Hi Claire2016,BR Form is alot of work,but make sure you leave nothing out.I know everyone wants to get it done and in as fast as possible,but if you miss out on a date,address or anything,it can really delay your application,and the chances of you being contacted about something missing is slim.So you'll end up waiting and waiting and waiting.Also,if you've ever been to court and ended up with a conviction,put it down.From personal experience,I had a conviction(I know......TUT,TUT and all that,lol.It was Minor),but it was over 20 years ago,but still remains on my record.Don't chance it,as Vetting will find it,and it could end up the end of the road for your application.So really,make sure you have every ''i'' dotted & ''t'' crossed,and re-read it a few times over,before forwarding it on.

Thank you :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Regarding the BR form, I have had mine sent back with a few missing DOB and full addresses. In these cases, persons have been dead for 50 years and no one is around to verify the missing DOB which could be early 1900s. Addresses as well are in townlands which in some case are derelict, so no Eircode assigned.

What happens if you have exhausted all avenues for certain info, but just can't get it?

Advertisement