Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Trial scamof Renuvue cream

Options
  • 06-09-2014 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Ive been scammed by applying for a free trial of face cream which was €3, Instead they charged a full months supply to my credit card and I cannot find the company name to try and reclaim this money. The product was Renuvue face cream just wondering if anyone else has been caught and if they had any success reclaiming money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Aisling20 wrote: »
    Hi Ive been scammed by applying for a free trial of face cream which was €3, Instead they charged a full months supply to my credit card and I cannot find the company name to try and reclaim this money. The product was Renuvue face cream just wondering if anyone else has been caught and if they had any success reclaiming money

If you have no luck with company. Try doing a query with bank. The company will have to provide proof that you signed up for a months supply

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Contact your credit card issuer and raise a fraud complaint.

How certain are you that it is fraud and not that you didn't read the terms and conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Aisling20

I am 100% certain that it is a scam and since I noticed the withdrawal I have researched and found lots of evidence of others in Uk and USA who have been scammed in the same manner. I have contacted my credit card company and raise a fraud complaint. The issue is trying to recalaim the money if I dont have the address of the billing company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I am 100% certain that it is a scam and since I noticed the withdrawal I have researched and found lots of evidence of others in Uk and USA who have been scammed in the same manner. I have contacted my credit card company and raise a fraud complaint. The issue is trying to recalaim the money if I dont have the address of the billing company.

Why did you give a company you don't know or trust your credit card details in return for a sample?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

While searching renuvue I found this site

http://bestreducewrinkles.com/renuvue-cream/

which then linked to this.

http://www.puressancetrial.com/newformula/#tid#
    Try PureSsance absolutely free, just pay a small shipping and handling fee. Your credit card will be charged shipping & handling for a 1 Month Supply of PureSsance. You will have 14 days from your original order date to decide if PureSsance is right for you. If you are enjoying PureSsance do nothing and at the end of your 14 day trial period you will be charged the low rate of only $74.95 for the bottle you received. Approximately 30 days from your original purchase date and every 30 days thereafter you will be sent another 1 month supply of PureSsance and your credit card on file will be billed for $74.95 plus shipping and handling. Charges will appear on your credit card as "PUR ESSANCE 1-650-9891209" Membership in the maintenance program may be cancelled at any time by calling customer service at 1-800-858-0792 (USA) or 0-800-098-8517 (UK).
    These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or any government agency.This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
    The individuals in this advertisement experienced extraordinary results. As individuals differ, so will results.

Billing Services provided by: Bluebreath Investments Limited, Karava 2, Ergates, 2643 Nicosia, Cyprus, 1-650-989-1209.
    All prices are in USD, unless noted otherwise.

• Advertisement

Yes the problem is that what happens by the time you get you order if is already 14 from your original order date which is how you are caught

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Yes the problem is that what happens by the time you get you order if is already 14 from your original order date which is how you are caught

so you were aware of these terms and conditions before you gave them your credit card details?

No there were no terms and conditions shown , Ive found this out by various articles and replies from others caught since this happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ducks41

Hi Aisling20 I too got scammed I ordered the face cream and the eye cream on the 14th of august and still have not received either of them and I am now out of pocket by 190.00 euro plus the 6 euro for post and packaging I have searched different sites to try and find the company to no avail I have returned an email to the support team to inform them of this and I haven't even heard back from them that was over a week ago I feel like an idiot that I let this happen to me as I very seldom order anything online and I'm certain I won't be again so people out there beware of this scam please

HI Ducks41
    I go a reply from support Renuvue yesterday. Was that the product you received. ifso I have the cancellation number to call nd the terms nd conditions which werent shown when I ordered. Anyway whatever ptoduct u got you need to email and ring them tO say CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP/SUBSCRIPTION otherwise they can take money next month too. once you send proof of trying to cancel your bank will be able to push back on ny further withdrawal . let me know if you want Renuvue number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ducks41

Hi Aisling20 thanks for replying and yes I would love the number please, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

ducks41 wrote: »
    I feel like an idiot that I let this happen to me as I very seldom order anything online and I'm certain I won't be again so people out there beware of this scam please

I've bought literally hundreds of things online yet I've never been scammed? So the problem isn't with buying things online.

Hi Ducks41 , the number is 0031202410224

Good Luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 agreg

Any help, being scammed by an online anti aging cream product by the name of renuvue. package came from Hong Kong. I need to cancel what is now a subscription which I have falsely signed up for.

Hi Agreg
    1. Email the company, you will have an email from them when you signed up, if you cant find it , I have it and tell them you wish to cancel all subscriptions/membership for Renuvue products. Say that you are sending back the product and if they have debited your account request a refund of that money.
    2. ALSO call the cancellation number I gave above and repeat the same , cancelling subscription/membership.
    3. I did all this and contracted my bank and requested they ask for a a claim back from the company.
    4. Send back the product to the company address, it is in Netherlands, it is under the terms and conditions. Send it by registered post so that you can track it. Email company again saying you have done this and again request your refund.

I have done all above and I have been refund the €89.99 into my accout so it is possible to get your money back, although I dont know if it is because the bank requested it or because I did. I must check with them .
    Let me know if you need any other info

• Registered Users Posts: 3 magie123

Hi Ducks41 , the number is 0031202410224

Good Luck

Hi would that be the number to ring them from ireland

Hi Agreg
    1. Email the company, you will have an email from them when you signed up, if you cant find it , I have it and tell them you wish to cancel all subscriptions/membership for Renuvue products. Say that you are sending back the product and if they have debited your account request a refund of that money.
    2. ALSO call the cancellation number I gave above and repeat the same , cancelling subscription/membership.
    3. I did all this and contracted my bank and requested they ask for a a claim back from the company.
    4. Send back the product to the company address, it is in Netherlands, it is under the terms and conditions. Send it by registered post so that you can track it. Email company again saying you have done this and again request your refund.

I have done all above and I have been refund the €89.99 into my accout so it is possible to get your money back, although I dont know if it is because the bank requested it or because I did. I must check with them .
    Let me know if you need any other info

Hi would you have there addresss, they scamed me too and cant make contact with them,

Hi yes that is the number to call from Ireland. You just leave a message on the cancellation line.

I dont have the address that I sent it back to , but if I remember correctly it is under the terms and conditions on a website probably the Renuvue one listed below. You have to trawl down the list to find it hidden there, if you cant find it , let me know and I will check again.

renuvueskin.com/v1/c/en/

Hi yes that is the number to call from Ireland. You just leave a message on the cancellation line.

I dont have the address that I sent it back to , but if I remember correctly it is under the terms and conditions on a website probably the Renuvue one listed below. You have to trawl down the list to find it hidden there, if you cant find it , let me know and I will check again.

renuvueskin.com/v1/c/en/

Thanks I rang that number and went to my bank, they said post it back with a letter aswell, I still cant find the address, I cant find the email they sent me with my customer number will I need that when I post back the cream,

The address is Customer Handling, POSTBUS 6216, 4000HE TIEL Netherlands. I dont know if you will need your customer number, Have you checked your junk and deleted mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 PEF19

Hi Aisling20, thanks for all your info. You have been more helpful than my bank.
    Yesterday I posted a copy of the email I sent to the Renuvue support email address cancelling my subscription to the Charge Back Dept of my bank to stop any future transactions. My bank does not seem to be willing to try and recoup any monies from this company as I willingly gave them my credit card details even if I unknowingly signed up for a monthly subscription. Are you suggesting that if I call the company to cancel my subscription and return the products to the address you have supplied with a letter requesting a refund that I may get a refund? Did you fill in any special customs form with An Post/Fed Ex etc for transport of liquids in Europe?
    How much support did you get from your bank? Maybe they are less supportive to me as the amount I have lost is much more then you may have. I wanted to cancel my card but the bank said that basically I couldn't as the 'company' are not legally in the wrong 'yet' and have the right to debit my money until they received notification of my wish to cancel my subscription.

Hi PEF19 first thing I did was cancel my card , although my Building Society said that Renuvue could still push through a charge on t he new card as I had given them permission as such by signing up to a subscription. I can only say what I did which got me a refund and I think it was what I did rather than my bank. I phoned the cancellation line , the number I gave twice to cancel my order. YOU MUST DO THIS . And I email the company frequently, requesting that they cancel my subscription and saying that I was returning the product and requesting a refund. I went to the Post Office and sent it registered post and tracked it and emailed them again when I knew it had arrived and again requested a refund. I dont know what worked but I got a refund. I had only 1 months supply so maybe I was lucky to catch it in time. But I suggest you do all that and retun anything they send you and basically phone and email until you get some answers. I sent proof of postage and all email correspondence to my Bank charge back dept.
    Lets know how you get on . Good luck. I wonder if any of the other two people on this site who were scammed have been sucessfull in achieving a refund

Thanks Aisling20, I will take your advice and let you know how I get on. Any money back is a bonus. Still can't believe I was such a sucker for this scam, thanks again.

Hi Aisling20
    Got a email Response from RejuvES and Renuvue Customer Service after numerous emails and phone calls to cancellation line.
    I had returned items by registered post (products should have arrived yesterday) prior to receiving this email so I should get refund for 2/6 products and may get 50%refund on the other four once I email with 14 days. See email below. My first order was placed 15th August and second 'subscription' charged 14th sept so will only get October refunded, better than nothing. Thanks for your advice.

'We have received and processed your request to cancel the RejuvES Auto-Ship program. You will no longer be receiving our products each month.
    Please remember when you placed your order, you agreed to the terms and conditions as stated on our website. The terms and conditions state that if you do not cancel you are required to pay for your order after a trial period of 14 days and if you would like a refund you must return the product within 30 days of ordering. If you can meet these conditions you will receive a refund after payment is processed. Without exception, we are not able to refund products received after 30 days of the initial order date.

We do however, recognize that it can be difficult and costly to return items ordered online, and that you may have already used a substantial portion of the product. In consideration of this, we will offer you a 50% discount to keep the order without the requirement of returning it. If you agree to this, you will pay just $50 for your order of RejuvES. If you would prefer to take advantage of this convenient option, simply respond by email within 14 days of your original order, stating you would like to use the 50% discount.

If you prefer to return your order please ensure we receive it within 30 days of your initial order. If we do not receive it within this time, we will not be able to offer you a refund or ship the product back to you. Please note that your payment will automatically be taken on day 14, but this will be refunded if we receive the product within the 30 day limit. In order to identify you correctly please include your name and address including postcode, and your email address in the envelope. We strongly urge you to use a recorded delivery service so that you have confirmation of timely delivery.

Write all this on the outside of the envelope and send it back to:
    CUSTOMER SUPPORTPOSTBUS 62164000HE TIELNETHERLANDS

If you require further assistance, please reply to this email ensuring the ticket number is included in the subject line.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aususer

Hi everyone, is there anyone from Australia that has been caught by this scam? For the telephone number provided below, do you just add your own country code to the front? Also the website address renuvueskin.com is returning "Forbidden: access is denied".

I have been a regularly on-line purchaser for many years and this is the first problem I've had. I did not receive any email response to the original trial and consequently have no details of how to track down/locate/contact the company. Mine is being sent from Taiwan. My bank has only been able to advise that "Cosmetics Stores" is the one billing my Mastercard. Of course when you google this you don't get what you're looking for.

A couple of people have mentioned that they have sent emails. Can you please give me the email address, I couldn't see it below, only the postal address. Does the organisation for the postal address in the Netherlands actually have a name?

Also, is anyone receiving other products aside from Renuvue that they don't want? I am also receiving "Ageless Under Eye Serum" and I know I never signed up for that one. It's coming from Hong Kong and the packaging is almost the same as the Renuvue. Neither has any details on/inside the packaging that allows you to identify the sender.

Thank you.

Hi Aususer,
    I replied to the email address they sent me as confirmation when processing my order.
    For some reason I cannot post the email address on Boards.ie as I am getting an error message 'You cannot post with images, URLs or attachments because you are a new user'
    The email address is support(@)renuvueskin.com and support(@)rejuvesseeye.com. I hope you understand what I mean. Put your order reference number from the email they sent you in the information bar. My products were posted from both Hongkong and The Netherlands. I eventually got a full refund for 3 months (6 products) although my bank has advised refund for 4 of the products my be challenged as they were returned after the 30days limit. My advice is to email immediately to cancel your subscription. You may have to do this a number of times until you get a reply. Save all communication and send evidence to your bank. I repackaged my products and emailed and phoned Renuvue customer support/cancellation line 0031202410224 (same number from Australia) informing them I was cancelling my subscription that I unwittingly signed up for and was returning their products unopened back to them by registered post to CUSTOMER SUPPORT POSTBUS 6216 4000HE TIEL NETHERLANDS. Make sure you discuss with your postmaster that you require evidence of proof of RECEIPT in addition to proof of delivery, ie you will need this for your bank. The address is a PO Box in a post office somewhere in the Netherlands and I received at least 3 emails saying they had not received my package when I had evidence that they still had not picked it up. I repeatedly emailed them to visit the postbox and retrieve the package. When they did eventually sign for the package my postal service emailed me the 'scrawl it certainly was not an identifiable' signature and I passed it onto my bank and it was sufficient for the bank to refund me. My bank was not immediately helpful as they are honour bound to abide by the rules of Visa International, it seems they are more supportive of this 'company' as we didn't read the T&C but keep in close contact with them and send all the communication you have. Keep hounding Renuvue by email and leaving messages on the cancellation line. It may take a lot of effort over the next month. But eventually worked for me......so far. Despite my frustration with this company I acknowledged I had made a mistake and was always polite but insistent in the emails and phone calls. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aususer

Thank you PEF19 for your help. Sorry you had to go through all that in order to be able to give me that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Linda2linda

Hi I have also been scamed by this company they have taken 16 euro first from my account and now today they have taken 2 lots of 178 euro from my account. I have emailed them to cancel my order and also went to the bank they cancelled my card and give me new card but they were still able to take from my account. I have emailed them numerous times. They have cleared my account today by taken 356 euro after the bank said they can't take anymore money since my card has been cancelled. The bank told me they don't know if I get get my money back. This is a disgrace that this company can do This. Help please.

Hi Linda2linda, how many products have u received? If you have recently received any products I suggest you return them unopened by registered delivery mail to the PO Box. See my previous email. If returned within 30 days they will refund. You need to keep emailing and caĺling the 'company' and send copies to your bank. Keep regular contact with your bank also. As you unwittingly broke their T&C your credit card company may have difficulty retrieving a refund for any products received prior to the 30 days grace (initial products had to be returned within 14 days which catches everybody out). I eventually got a full refund (2 months since I realised the scam) I returned ALL unopened products and then I probably broke them down from the number of emails and phone calls to the 'customer' line. While this business is less than transparent we didn't read or look for the T&C so in the rules of Visa International (in my case) they have in theory done nothing wrong so in your emails you may need to be gracious and hope they have some sort of conscience. Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 zaphria1

Please help I ordered this cream renuvue which damaged my face, I was charged 2 seperate payments of 8 euro on the 13th February and today they took out 2 payments of 178.00 and wiped out my account, I don't have the emails I was sent or the original package in or the address to send it back, I've cancelled my card but am now extremely worried they can continue to take the money from my account, I don't know what to do.

Advertisement