Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jnlrs aug 2014

Options
  • 27-07-2014 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

When are the results out .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 RadioAnalyst

JNLR results wave 2 for 2014 are due out this Thursday at lunchtime.

I'll have a very close eye on whether 2FM manages to overtake Today FM in Dublin. It shouldn't happen but it just might. Also, the performance of TXFM. They need a decent jump in reach and share, particularly in their 6 month book. Finally, the battle between Kenny and O'Rourke will continue to be of interest.

RadioAnalyst

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Hopefully Breakfast Republic crashes and burns big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I have come from a position as a long time listener and defender of the Ray Darcy show but I am hopeful the downturn in the shows quality will be reflected in listener numbers.

It's the only thing that will force a change in the 9 to 12 slot... Pat Kenny show is far better in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Head honchos at 98FM will be hoping that this book shows an upturn in listenership figures overall I'm sure. It'll show a bit of a clue as to how many "moved the dial" with Adrian Kennedy. Also really interested in how the Ray Foley show will do - hopefully a follow up on the increased listenership to last time. He's there almost 2 years at this stage, so I'd say if there isn't continuous increases from now on, it's never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

I gave up lisrening to ray darcy 6 months ago. He sounds like he takes us for granted very lazy presenting. I wonder how much corks red fm have increased it will show 12 weeks of the new line up. I hear red fm on in a lot more places now. Thier music is a lot broader now I must say sounding pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,321 ✭✭✭jmcc

Any early indications on the JNLRs?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭smallfridge

It's embargoed until 5. Stations are probably sifting through the results in the last hour. But are prohibited from any public knowledge til later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Really hope Ray Foley has gained more. Show deserves it imo. If you like his style you'll know him and JP are the best at it, hope the listenership reflects it.

Like Deedsie above I am a long time listener and defender of Ray D'Arcy but I have felt the show is in decline for months now. If the listenership is down I hope it gives him the kick in the arse the show needs.

Outside of that I wonder if Louise Duffy has improved on KC's figures at lunchtime on Today FM. Probably be too soon to gauge that?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Outside of that I wonder if Louise Duffy has improved on KC's figures at lunchtime on Today FM. Probably be too soon to gauge that?

It should be just about possible at this stage to start figuring out as this will cover 3 months of her time but really you need a year to know for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

MYOB wrote: »
    It should be just about possible at this stage to start figuring out as this will cover 3 months of her time but really you need a year to know for certain.

Cheers! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Hola

The usual outpourings:

http://www.ilevel.ie/

Good book for N/T all around. The 'Dublin Experiment' on 2FM is a 'busted flush'

C

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

blue4ever wrote: »
    Hola

The usual outpourings:

http://www.ilevel.ie/

Good book for N/T all around. The 'Dublin Experiment' on 2FM is a 'busted flush'

C

Makes F all sense to me. How's that Breakfast Republic rubbish doing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Both Red fm and 96fm are claiming victory online can anyone tell me who won in the 96fm pj vs red fm neil ratings?

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Both Red fm and 96fm are claiming victory online can anyone tell me who won in the 96fm pj vs red fm neil ratings?

I don't get that redFM 79,000 (+10%) 96FM 140,000 (-20%) so there's a clear winner

96FM 9.00-12.00 91,000 22%
    Red FM 9.00-12.00 35,000 8%

Twas Not wrote: »
    Awaiting the restoration of the monarchy?

Tubridy -9%. 2FM looks like a bit of a joke at this stage.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Year on year Breakfast republic is down 15,000 listeners from 126k to 111k, or 12% .. pretty devastating for Dan the Man Healy, Tubs is down 9%, Rick down 7% and Colm on drive down 7% , Nicky and Jenny the only show to go up , 4%. Game on is down 26%, interestingly, after 9 pm, 2FM has virtually no listeners within the pale whatsoever. Pretty atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Cork_chick_94

Surly Dan Healy will have to resign ?

Heading South! 111,000 down 12% on the year (14Q2 V 13Q2)

heybaby wrote: »
    Year on year Breakfast republic is down 15,000 listeners from 126k to 111k, or 12% .. pretty devastating for Dan the Man Healy, Tubs is down 9%, Rick down 7% and Colm on drive down 7% , Nicky and Jenny the only show to go up , 4%. Game on is down 26%, interestingly, after 9 pm, 2FM has virtually no listeners within the pale whatsoever. Pretty atrocious.

Nickey figure is flattering year on year - his time slot is an hour longer than the last years mid morning (I have to compare it to something). Book on Book every slot on 2fm weekday is in a fall - bar C.H.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Breakfast has a huge spike just after eight and then dies off rapidly only to be resuscitated at ten by Pat Kenny. There’s a odd undulating pattern to his listenership with people diving in and out seemingly. Then at the stroke of twelve all hell breaks out and there seems to be mass defection

Clearly people know that post 12.00pm is when the news and current affairs is jettisoned for arts and guitar twangers.

It might be me, but the presentation of the stats on that site with its white/blue banding is rather annoying - I keep looking past anything on the blue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Redfm daily listenership,2014 - 79,000. 2013 - 72,000. 2012 - 80,000

96fm daily listenership,2014 - 140,000. 2013 - 174,000. 2012 - 145,000

The 2012 and 2014 figures of both are almost the same.Would Redfm be happy with only a 7,000 gain after bringing in the superstar host.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

I don't get that redFM 79,000 (+10%) 96FM 140,000 (-20%) so there's a clear winner

96FM 9.00-12.00 91,000 22%
    Red FM 9.00-12.00 35,000 8%

thanks for that, but how are these calculated?

red fm were just saying yesterday they had 100,000 listeners?!? how do they get from that to this?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Breakfast Republic, Tubridy and Colm Hayes shows are all garbage and need to be binned.

Also, if 2fm wants to target a younger audience and have changed their playlist to reflect this they need to start an advertising campaign fast, never see anything on social media or TV to let me know about the new 2fm. The older listeners may be tuning out because of the change of playlist etc but there's nothing to bring new listeners in.

Majority of people I ask haven't realised that 2fm have changed to be more youth oriented.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,071 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Tubridy getting 'Brian Purcelled' anyway and is moving to RTE One. How he made his way up the ladder in RTE boggles me. He cannot talk to women, an issue he hasn't sorted out and that Gerry Ryan perfected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭radioland

marno21 wrote: »
    Breakfast Republic, Tubridy and Colm Hayes shows are all garbage and need to be binned.

Also, if 2fm wants to target a younger audience and have changed their playlist to reflect this they need to start an advertising campaign fast, never see anything on social media or TV to let me know about the new 2fm. The older listeners may be tuning out because of the change of playlist etc but there's nothing to bring new listeners in.

Majority of people I ask haven't realised that 2fm have changed to be more youth oriented.

No fan of 2fn but new schedule just in place . As for IBI calling for action, it's comical. Private companies took the risk - let the market dictate

The 'Dublin Experiment' on 2FM is a 'busted flush'
    Looking at the Dublin figures and if I am reading them right, there's just 1% between 2FM and Lyric FM in Dublin. Wonder if that's down to Marty Whelan's show (he was fired from 2FM for not bringing in the numbers and is now shovelling the same 2FM schlock on Lyric)? 2FM and Lyric FM may well have false competition in that morning show slot. Might be worth looking at the figures for the morning shows to see if there's any overlap and bounce after the respective programmes end.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Breakfast republic down 15,000 listeners since this time last year (as Breakfast with Hector).

FM104 down a bit, yet Chris Barry has held most of Adrian's old audience & the station still sits comfortably in the no.2 spot in the capital.

4FM have permission to christen themselves the "fastest growing radio station" - their Dublin audience nearly doubled since last year! -

Good gains at South East Radio also.

Thanks to the guys at ilevel.ie for the great analysis and graphs! :-)

It might be me, but the presentation of the stats on that site with its white/blue banding is rather annoying - I keep looking past anything on the blue!

All white is tragic looking / but I've never really given it much thought....until now. I'll have a look and see if there is a less intrusive combination

thanks for that, but how are these calculated?

red fm were just saying yesterday they had 100,000 listeners?!? how do they get from that to this?

100k weekly combined reach? The above are the standard 'listened yesterday' metric - as are all figures on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Very bad decline for D'arcy losing 12k with Ian Dempsey up 28k listeners beforehand.
    Breakfast Republic have helped drag Tubridy down even further.
    Newstalk doing very well obviously with the exception of Hook who probably could do with retiring earlier.
    Radio 1 is down all round but Sean O'Rourke has done a solid job of maintaining the majority of listeners. Him and Kenny are benefiting from the ineptitude of Tubridy and D'arcy.

Advertisement