Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Fantasy Football

Options
  • 27-07-2014 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭

This didn't go ahead last year and I missed it big time, so starting afresh this year.

Anybody who is interested please post here. Once registration opens, I'll PM you all with directions on how to join our league. I'm aware this a bit of a ****ty rule, but I'll be giving preference to those who have a track record of being active to minimise the unmanaged teams as it's hindered our league in previous years (don't let that put you off though, we always struggle to get the numbers we want involved!).

Register for a CBS Sports account in advance (very easy, none of that confirmation e-mail crap involved).

I propose the usual rules - all FBS teams included, no FCS teams. Default scoring etc. Will decide on league structures and divisions once we have an idea of how many taking part.

Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

I'll admit I've never played Fantasy CFB before, but I've been watching more and more of it in the last few years. Would love to give it a go if there's a spot open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Missed this last year too and my interest in college football declined a bit as a result. I'd love to get back in on this again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I will join this year. One thing I ask though is that we vote to fix the waiver system and when players lock on the roster. Last time they locked on tues or Wednesday when the first game of the week starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,541 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Stick me in please. My fault last year and their didn't seem to be enough interest tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 swedstef

I'm interested in joining if there is a spot open.

Is CBS hosting CFB fantasy leagues this year? I haven't received a notifiction e-mail from them.
    I've been in CFB leagues at Fantrax (can't post link since I'm new here) the last few years and maybe they could be an alternative if CBS doesn't host leagues this year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

TO. wrote: »
    I will join this year. One thing I ask though is that we vote to fix the waiver system and when players lock on the roster. Last time they locked on tues or Wednesday when the first game of the week starts.

Definitely. Once CBS opens again, I'll see what options are available, but I'm all for players locking once their game kicks off. Basically the same as NFL.com.

swedstef wrote: »
    I'm interested in joining if there is a spot open.

Is CBS hosting CFB fantasy leagues this year? I haven't received a notifiction e-mail from them.
    I've been in CFB leagues at Fantrax (can't post link since I'm new here) the last few years and maybe they could be an alternative if CBS doesn't host leagues this year?

CBS are hosting, it just hasn't reopened yet is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

I'd be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Yep you can count me in, missed it last year aswell

Definitely. Once CBS opens again, I'll see what options are available, but I'm all for players locking once their game kicks off. Basically the same as NFL.com.

Yup thats what I was hoping for as cbs default setting is that it locks on the tuesday or wednesday which is a pain but you can set it up like the NFL.com model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I'd be interested I think... but firstly...

How does it differ from NFL FF in terms of team make-up?

Like, is it QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, D, K

or is there some other otehr format.

There are so many college teams .....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Yea I would certainly like to give this a go

10 confirmed so far. Hopefully we can get 16.
    I'd be interested I think... but firstly...

How does it differ from NFL FF in terms of team make-up?

Like, is it QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, D, K

or is there some other otehr format.

There are so many college teams .....

Team structure is pretty much the same as fantasy NFL.

QB, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, WR3, TE, K, DEF and 5 bench players of your choosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I have a bare, bare knowledge of CFB but going to try get more in this year so count me in if space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I'd like to confirm my interest in playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Wouldn't mind coming back for this.

Agree with the above though. Previous seasons were a bit of a pain with the roster locks.

13 at the moment. Either 1 more or 3 more will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Wouldnt mind a go at this too!

It looks like CBS are not hosting College FF this year, so I'm moving this over to FanTrax.

I need the 14 people who are taking part to PM me their e-mail address so I can send them an invite. Thanks.

Also, can anyone remember if we played with 1 or 2 starting QBs in the old league? I think it was 2, or am I mistaken?

• Advertisement

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST in the starting lineup

Player Pool: SEC, Mountain West, Atlantic Coast, , Pac 12, American Athletic, Sun Belt, Mid American, Big Ten, Big 12, Independents and Conf USA Teams.

Lineup Deadline Lineup deadline is 5 minutes before gametime for each player.
    Lineup Policy Owners may set lineups.
    Add/Drop Deadline Transactions will lock five minutes before the first game on Saturday. Players whose teams play before Saturday will be locked for the remainder of the scoring period.
    Add/Drop Policy Add/drops are handled by a waivers process.
    Waivers Run The waivers process runs on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Waiver Reset The waiver order resets after each weeks' games.
    Waiver Period Dropped players remain on waivers for at least 3 day(s).
    Transfer Policy Owners may do transfers.
    Offseason Transfers Owners may not make transfers during the offseason.

I'm almost certain we had 2 starting QBs over on CBS...

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0223aiy84a

I can still log in to the league on CBS and the old rosters are showing one QB.

If I go to set my lineup this is what it is offering.
    http://awesomescreenshot.com/00c3aizne3

Ah, it was a second league that TO had setup where there was 2 QBs - I was thinking of that one. Never mind!

Joined (7):
    JaMarcusHustle
    The Bogman
    Spongey1975
    davetherave
    Heffo001
    smackbunnybaby
    swedstef

Invited (1):
    TO.

Awaiting Email Address (5):
    Onecoolcookie
    HigginsJ
    UnitedIrishman
    kingcobra
    eagle eye

***There is one open spot left - I miscounted earlier on***

I just signed up forgot about the invite

Joined (9):
    JaMarcusHustle
    The Bogman
    Spongey1975
    davetherave
    Heffo001
    smackbunnybaby
    swedstef
    TO.
    HigginsJ

Invited (1):
    eagle eye

Awaiting Email Address (3):
    Onecoolcookie
    UnitedIrishman
    kingcobra

I'll send the final 3 a PM to remind them. We still have an open space btw if anyone else wants in.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Xfire Elect

I'm interested in playing if there's a space. I played two years ago and it was awesome.

I'm interested in playing if there's a space. I played two years ago and it was awesome.

No problem, send me your email in a PM and I'll forward you an invite. Thanks for signing up again!

• Advertisement

Waiting on one more person to join. Onecoolcookie, but he hasn't been only in over 2 weeks. Hopefully he's just on holidays or something.

In the meantime, with the season kicking off next Wednesday, it's time to decide when our draft will be. Please vote for whatever times suit you. The time with the most votes will be the one picked. Thanks!

http://doodle.com/9c7ntd8apk6y5vkk

Advertisement