Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the longest for a sub

Options
  • 15-07-2014 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Well lads I've started on week 8 on a like for like sub,what's the longest you've waited for a sub
    Was onto the Gards and they say it was put trough on pulse 2 weeks ago but still no licence..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭Chiparus

3 months

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Previously was 11 weeks and am on week 6 on my current 2 subs.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Had to wait 8 days once, it's EXCRUCIATING knowing there's a new gun waiting for you to pick her up:eek::eek::eek:
    In fairness to the super's office in Enniscorthy, I've always found them very quick to process subs and new applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Beretta man

Midleton are a disaster..

Portlaoise were on the ball. The longest i waited for a sub was 3 days and any full application was 3 weeks. Hasn't been the same in the last year.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

I've heard that alright, had a friend in Cobh who had a good bloke over there who could do things in descent enough time (not blistering by any means), but since the boundary change has had to deal with your fella, he went from a .22 Mag to a .223 of recent, let's just say you can double your 90 days and have some change with it, great work...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

6 weeks from second firearm application handed in to getting licence. Pretty good in my opinion. Sub should be even faster yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

lefthooker wrote: »
    Had to wait 8 days once, it's EXCRUCIATING knowing there's a new gun waiting for you to pick her up:eek::eek::eek:
    In fairness to the super's office in Enniscorthy, I've always found them very quick to process subs and new applications.

Onto 4 weeks.... no worst is my guardian licensed on it and its in the gun safe not really being used and im dying here wanting to do a bita shooting for the summer until school starts its a f**king load of sh*te ina bucket haha :mad:

Might ring up tomorrow

Can hardly go shooting on a sub that i havent a licence yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭German pointer

5 and half months from a .22 to a .17HMR

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

6 months
    a 243 to a 243

• Advertisement

Jesus lads your not giving me much confidence..
    That's a joke,so much for the new system been faster

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

The New Systems a load of bollox 80 euro are there so feckin slow,It aint that hard to be fair when i handed in my app i was told he hadnt been there for a while...ah sure i might have mine by next summer :D

Never one to defend the current situation, but there are a number of factors at play that were not there 2 years ago.
    • More Gardaí retiring
    • FO's changing on a frequent basis (i've had three in the last 14 months)
    • Lack of Supers in each district (there used to be one in Portlaoise, and Abbeyleix as well as a Chief Super. Now there is one and s/he covers 2-3 other districts)
    • Inspectors signing off on Subs only, but i believe that is being, or is, stopped.
    • Priority given to renewals over new or sub applications.

The key point, to me, seems to bee the lack off Supers. My FO has my details logged on PULSE the evening i handed in my applciation. However it goes to the Super's desk and awaits the signing off. Until that happens i get nothing. So the FO's may be on the ball, and doing it in a timely manner, but it's the signature that holds it up.

My last couple of subs were signed off by an Inspector in a completely different district. However i was told that they were stopping this practice for everything bar subs, and even those were going to be stopped too.

Lastly the issue i've faced the last 6 weeks have been holidays. Between the FO on his holidays, the Super on his, and the lady that deals with the applications on her's (all consecutively)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

any of you Lads had to have meeting with Super for sub? Ifso how long after meeting in which super agreed to sub did you have to wait before receiving actual Licence, Is the sub Licence sent in post.

Never.

Why would you need to? If it's a proper sub, and you're not trying to go from an air rifle to a semi auto .308, then you are simply transferring the license.

What did you try and sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Cass wrote: »
    Never.

Why would you need to? If it's a proper sub, and you're not trying to go from an air rifle to a semi auto .308, then you are simply transferring the license.

What did you try and sub?

243 for 308, what is procedure after super agrees to sub and how long does it take before receiving licence.

Licence came today finally and guess what no bloody "S" for moderator
    What is the next step now I've contacted F.O and she's not back in till Sunday
    I'm thinking either way I should have got a letter explaining why I was rejected for one

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭lanber man

Licence came today finally and guess what no bloody "S" for moderator
    What is the next step now I've contacted F.O and she's not back in till Sunday
    I'm thinking either way I should have got a letter explaining why I was rejected for one
    Same happened here. I rang up over a course of two weeks until I got the answer that it was simply an oversight. Got a new modified licence posted within a couple of days

ranger4 wrote: »
    243 for 308, what is procedure after super agrees to sub and how long does it take before receiving licence.
    That should be straight forward enough.

As for time. If the Super signs off on it then allowing for it to be entered onto PULSE, letters issued, etc about 5 working days all going well.
    Wait till FO gets back, ring her, as k was it an oversight or the better way is to act like you were expecting it to be there and could she re-print it with the "S".

If there is a refusal coming she tell you then and there.

Advertisement