Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Intel Galileo Dev Board

Options
  • 08-07-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Link

Spotted on HUKD. For everybody interested in Arduino's, Rasp Pi's and alike.
    I signed up and at the end I got an email: "Thank you for signing up for the Windows Developer Program for IoT. We’ll let you know when your kit has shipped." so hopefully they will actually ship it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Thanks! Good find!

I assume we'll get an email later with more details on how to order?

Edit: Aha, I just got an email with a link on how to provide my address, now I understand.

The site they link to has an invalid SSL cert though.. I hope this is legit. But the whois comes up with microsoft so I think it should be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭coroner29

How will they ship it if they only take your email address? :)

I assume we'll get an email later with more details on how to order?

Edit: Aha, I just got an email with a link on how to provide my address, now I understand.

Yep, you sign-up first with your email address and then you get an email with a link to "order" it where you enter your address and some more info (like why do you want it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Yes, I got it. Thanks again, this is very interesting.

I have many raspberry pi's already (4 in active use) and several Arduinos so this would be a great addition, I could definitely find a good use for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

from reading it is just the board and would need to buy graphics card etc afterwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Thanks. Filled out the details there and got a got a , we will contact you shortly response. So hope it works out. For people interested in this you would need some proof that your a developer type. For example your engineering website etc. I assume they check that your legit as some form of developer and hopefully send out the kit then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Big Nelly wrote: »
    from reading it is just the board and would need to buy graphics card etc afterwards?

look slike it. but its free, no idea what i do with it to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Filled out the form, will let ye know what info I get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Its designed in Ireland! It will look well on the shelf beside my Arduino compatible starter kit..

board.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

kc66 wrote: »
    Its designed in Ireland!

YAY ..... oh..... wait

xDALW32.jpg

:P

/me tells dog to keep an eye on letterbox for shiny new board

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Nice find OP. Will definitely find something to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

Nice find OP, gave it a go anyway, been interested to try out some basic programming project, this looks like the ideal start

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

Nice find. Gave it a go. Are these difficult to program does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

be grand :

Check number of emails unread :

https://www.sparkfun.com/news/1360

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

It's free so I signed up!

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Thanks OP. Got to mess with Arduino boards in college, if this works out it will be a sweet little thing to play around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

They seem to have run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

Fantastic find!
    Great for hobby projects, college projects or even the next big idea..
    Well done

djmarkus wrote: »
    They seem to have run out.

You can't sign up or why do you think they have run out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

coroner29 wrote: »
    You can't sign up or why do you think they have run out?

You can sign up but they send you an email saying they'll let you know when they have more to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Can I get Facebook on it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

That's class, signed up yesterday and got the mail saying my kit will ship. Been waiting to try one of these since reading about it on HAD last October.

Thanks for the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭halkar

Thanks OP. Gave the address. Should be fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Wez wrote: »
    That's class, signed up yesterday and got the mail saying my kit will ship. Been waiting to try one of these since reading about it on HAD last October.

Thanks for the link!

Did u get that email straight after u entered ur address info?

I got this email wondering was I too late
    "Thank you for signing up for the Windows Developer Program for IoT. We’ll let you know when we have more to share."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Hmmm... I got no confirmation email last night. Just the email with the link to enter address, nothing since I submitted that.

Fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Thanks OP. I signed up for one of these. Looking forward to seeing what is like compared to the Arduino.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

"Thank you for signing up for the Windows Developer Program for IoT. We’ll let you know when we have more to share."

Nope, it took a while for it to come through. About an hour later.

The message I got was:
    Thank you for signing up for the Windows Developer Program for IoT. We’ll let you know when your kit has shipped.

I got email straight after I sent my address but it was saying "We’ll let you know when your kit has shipped.". Seems like the offer expired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I ordered last night and got the we'll let you know when we have more to share email. Maybe it depends on what info you entered?

I ordered last night and got the we'll let you know email. Maybe it depends on what info you entered?

We'll let you know what? :) "when your kit has shipped" or "when we have more to share"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

coroner29 wrote: »
    We'll let you know what? :) "when your kit has shipped" or "when we have more to share"

My reply says they'll let me know when my kit has shipped.

Advertisement