Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material] - Page 5 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-10-2013, 23:25   #61
VanZan

lol anybody can have a repo mate. whufclee is just a fanboy.
Advertisement
23-10-2013, 23:40   #62
tony1980

Fair enough, wouldn't know as much as yourself but those MYGica products do get good reviews on the forums, the MYGica 510B works great for myself, have had very little issues with it so I would highly recommend it and its a very decent price.
24-10-2013, 00:41   #63
emo72

What happened?????
24-10-2013, 00:48   #64
campo

Well that escalated quickly...........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anc.jpg (7.0 KB, 144 views)
Thanks from:
24-10-2013, 03:03   #65
Allyall

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanZanIsACnut View Post
Jibberish .
If you're anything to go by it's not a wonder. Too many people involved in those forums you mentioned are the reason many stay away.

Too wrapped up in your own cráp, missing the obvious.
And it's a pity.

Keep watching all the decent forums to post smarmy comments, while you all implode.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-10-2013, 03:37   #66
Allyall

As for the 'best' box/stick. The best answer for me is the one with the biggest community with continual support, and with the most compatible XBMC builds. Many of the devices are identical, just rebranded and with different cases.
For example the Minix NEO-G4 and MK808b are the same to all intents and purposes. (I mentioned those two because they have come up a bit in this thread.)

Ouya is a great box, but it's not ready yet. Many will argue about that, and that it's the same with many other devices, but the price is much greater for the Ouya (If you just want XBMC).
XBMC isn't finished yet for Android, and with so many devices/platforms, ROMS, builds of each ROM and Codecs streaming, it will be a while before it is. Although it is moving much much closer.
The best device is imho any one that has 'good enough' spec, a decent rom, a good community and XBMC builds that are always being worked on.
Especially if there is customised ROM for that device, for that particular reason.

For example there is (For the two mentioned above) the MK808B_digitopMod_MINIX_NEO-G4_port(0730)_Sep2013 , it's not perfect, very close , and there is a new one coming out in weeks.
With others working on their own versions.

That alone would make them both good devices, in my opinion. But better specs are available for similar prices, I was just pointing at an example.
(2) thanks from:
24-10-2013, 08:42   #67
VanZan

I pulled the trigger on the Mk808b simply because it's so popular and quite cheap these days. If I like what I see then I'll have another dip at something more pricey.
25-10-2013, 23:25   #68
BroLo

I thought I already posted this.

But which would be better?

The MK908II or the CX919?

I'd be looking to turn it into a media centre/gaming console, if that's even possible
28-10-2013, 15:07   #69
iba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allyall View Post
As for the 'best' box/stick. The best answer for me is the one with the biggest community with continual support, and with the most compatible XBMC builds. Many of the devices are identical, just rebranded and with different cases.
For example the Minix NEO-G4 and MK808b are the same to all intents and purposes. (I mentioned those two because they have come up a bit in this thread.)

Ouya is a great box, but it's not ready yet. Many will argue about that, and that it's the same with many other devices, but the price is much greater for the Ouya (If you just want XBMC).
XBMC isn't finished yet for Android, and with so many devices/platforms, ROMS, builds of each ROM and Codecs streaming, it will be a while before it is. Although it is moving much much closer.
The best device is imho any one that has 'good enough' spec, a decent rom, a good community and XBMC builds that are always being worked on.
Especially if there is customised ROM for that device, for that particular reason.

For example there is (For the two mentioned above) the MK808B_digitopMod_MINIX_NEO-G4_port(0730)_Sep2013 , it's not perfect, very close , and there is a new one coming out in weeks.
With others working on their own versions.

That alone would make them both good devices, in my opinion. But better specs are available for similar prices, I was just pointing at an example.
Thanks for your post.

Would be very grateful if you would let me know when the new one comes out in a couple of weeks that you have referred to in your post please and thank you.
Advertisement
29-10-2013, 16:37   #70
sweetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Looks like he's doubling his money. For less than a fiver more (or maybe even cheaper if you pay in USD) you can get the 5 set bundle listed here:
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Trons...ck-318432.html

* Tronsmart MK908II RK3188 Cortex-A9 Quad Core 1.6GHz Google Android 4.2 Mini TV BOX 2G/8G BT External Wifi Antenna-Black 53.99
* Tronsmart TSM01 English Version Air Mouse + Keyboard for TV Box / PC / Motion Sensing Games EUR 14.34
* High Speed 7 Ports Expanded USB 2.0 Hub with On/Off Switch for Laptop Notebook Computer EUR 4.93
* NEW G910 Wireless BT Gamepad Game Controller for Android TV BOX/Mini PC/Smartphone/Tablet PC + IOS supported EUR 21.44
* Brand Logitech C170 Setup 5 Mega Pixel Wired Camera USB Webcam Web Camera w/Mic----Black EUR 18.74
Went with this today minus the camera so thanks for the advice. By the way, are the macbook chargers on geekbuying worth it for a spare or should I look elsewhere?
Thanks from:
29-10-2013, 16:51   #71
iba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
Went with this today minus the camera so thanks for the advice. By the way, are the macbook chargers on geekbuying worth it for a spare or should I look elsewhere?
Would be grateful if you can let us know how long it takes to arrive and if u get hit with any customs please
(2) thanks from:
29-10-2013, 18:43   #72
campo

For anybody using xbmc I would recommend adding the tvguide dixie repo under xfinity, I did it today and I have found in brilliant so far ( albeit takes a while to get all channels set up etc )
(2) thanks from:
29-10-2013, 19:10   #73
VanZan

Is that not just the TVGuide addon that some bloke has just customised (set up a few different xmls, logos etc?). Absolutely amazing!!! I just don't understand why people install stuff like this. It's far more rewarding to set it up yourself to your personal tastes.
29-10-2013, 19:28   #74
campo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanZan View Post
Is that not just the TVGuide addon that some bloke has just customised (set up a few different xmls, logos etc?). Absolutely amazing!!! I just don't understand why people install stuff like this. It's far more rewarding to set it up yourself to your personal tastes.
Never used the other TVGuide one so can't comment , could you watch channels on old guide also
29-10-2013, 22:24   #75
Allyall

Quote:
Originally Posted by campo View Post
For anybody using xbmc I would recommend adding the tvguide dixie repo under xfinity, I did it today and I have found in brilliant so far ( albeit takes a while to get all channels set up etc )
That will not be going NEAR any android device i own or help set up. Nothing to do with any installer and most definitely not anything to do with Xfinity.

Especially when it's easy to make your own, if you can read, and use a PC.

I know how that may sound, but it is best not to use installers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanZan View Post
+1000000000

I do understand why they do it, as it's there. I don't understand why they don't read around first.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion