Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hornady Suspended Production List

Options
  • 07-07-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hornady has suspended production on a long list of bullets and some ammunition which may be of interest here.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If that is their suspended list what is their entire list? :eek:

I see a lot of regularly used ammo on that list. I will not say it'll spark a buying frenzy as is happening elsewhere, but it'll definitely make people buy more or stock up in the belief they may not get their chosen ammo as freely or at all.

I know from the thread i started in hunting last night that two or three of the makes i asked about are on the list. So i'll be looking to make sure i've enough to do me the season and into next year.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

That's what I was afraid of. There are a bunch of shooters and reloaders here saying the same thing. Its not just a list of obscure items. Looks like moly bullets / ammo are on the cut list, I never had any use for moly, just a complication to me. However I did notice some benchrest shooters loading them up in a competition this past weekend.

Some that will hurt me a bit will be the .243 87 gr bullets and the .303 174 gr FMJ BT (for my Finn M39 M Nagant). They call this a temporary suspension, and ask for patience during this most interesting time. Hmmm, we'll have to see what if anything gets restored by popular demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Looks like the .223 V-Max are okay. No doubt some dealers over here will be trying to bump up the price of ammo based on this.

That alone could be a point for buying in bulk now. Any future orders or stock not yet in the dealers may be "bumped up" so lads will buy now at the price they know.

I know if i went for ammo in a few months and the price had gone from €40 to €44 (or more) simply because of this, that'd i'd be pissed, and regretting that i did not buy more earlier.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Luckily I stocked up on cheaper ammo and reasonably priced components years ago when prices were still quite low. The stuff is stored in large milspec ammo cans and a regulation smokeless powder storage box in a cool dry place. For now I'm weathering the storm just fine, occasionally buying some components. If you can get some of the discontinued ammo for a reasonable price, probably not a bad idea. That's not panic buying, thats just getting what your rifle likes to shoot accurately.

• Advertisement

http://www.hornady.com/support/availability

Emphasizes temporary nature of the action.

That seems like a statement of appeasement. Not surprising as the statement directly addresses the topic of conspiracy theory.

Wouldn't have occurred to me to think along those lines, but suppose some do.

I look at it from the point of "better get what i want" or "doesn't affect me". I'd say people in the states that are living in and surrounded by the current political climate relating to possible changes regarding firearm/firearm ownership might view it as a "bending" to political pressure.

I was in my dealers yesterday "stocking up" (:D) and when i looked along his self i noticed every second/third product was no longer going to be available. Told my dealer about it and while not worried he said it will effect his business as Hornady are his best sellers. What effect it has only time will tell.

Most appear to be taking it ok. A few folks are saying they will switch brands and never go back. I thought the high demand climate would start to diminish this summer, and ammo lines appear to be making a slow comeback. The biggest casualty has been .22LR, more available now, but prices are obscene compared to pre-frenzy. This was kind of an unexpected move, but not illogical. I was not aware of the popularity of Hornady's ammo, especially abroad. At least they bothered to give us some advanced warning.

Advertisement