Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Beers***

Options
  • 22-04-2013 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

So other forums do it why not us?

Most of us seem to get along well here (contentious provincial match incidents aside). I'm thinking that en evening spent out on the beer might be a good idea.

Maybe around the HEC final weekend in Dublin?

Any takers, yay or neigh?

What date would suit you to meet up for a few drinks? 39 votes

May 17th (Amlin Cup Final)
    0% 0 votes
    May 18th (Heineken Cup Final)
    23% 9 votes
    May 25th (Pro12 Final)
    76% 30 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

If there's enough interest in this I'll sticky it. Maybe add a poll too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

F*ck that. If Christian Wade is in the Lions squad I'm in danger of sponsoring it....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

P_1 wrote: »
    So other forums do it why not us?

Most of us seem to get along well here (contentious provincial match incidents aside). I'm thinking that en evening spent out on the beer might be a good idea.

Maybe around the HEC final weekend in Dublin?

Any takers, yay or neigh?

I should say no to something like this as I'm getting married at the end of May. But I'll be out the night of the HEC final anyway. Have promised to introduce a few Clermont fans to the wonder that is Coppers. :o

molloyjh wrote: »
    I should say no to something like this as I'm getting married at the end of May. But I'll be out the night of the HEC final anyway. Have promised to introduce a few Clermont fans to the wonder that is Coppers. :o

What a pr*ck....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

What on earth did they do to you to have earned such revenge? :p

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    What a pr*ck....
    What on earth did they do to you to have earned such revenge? :p

Coppers after a game is actually great craic. Last time I was there was after the Clermont game at Christmas and had a great night.

For the record it's not somewhere I frequent....anymore.....

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Coppers is great.

Where else would you be dancing away to some David Guetta only to be followed up by Mumford and Sons. And when you adjust to that, on comes B*witched. A step back in time follows with a bit of Saturday night and I like the way you move, before rolling on to some Cotton Eye Joe.

A night like no other including a total cluster fcuk of musical taste.

It should be marketed as a cultural institution in Ireland. Those visit Ireland TV ads should feature it heavily.

Beers? I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

The Amlin final (the REAL final) might be a better focal point

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm game.

awec wrote: »
    Coppers is great.

Where else would you be dancing away to some David Guetta only to be followed up by Mumford and Sons. And when you adjust to that, on comes B*witched. A step back in time follows with a bit of Saturday night and I like the way you move, before rolling on to some Cotton Eye Joe.

A night like no other including a total cluster fcuk of musical taste.

It should be marketed as a cultural institution in Ireland. Those visit Ireland TV ads should feature it heavily.

Beers? I'm in.

Ha for Coppers I think you need to be at least 2.5 sheets to the wind to fully appreciate it

• Advertisement

durkadurka wrote: »
    The Amlin final (the REAL final) might be a better focal point

For Leinster fans probably, but if we want to include some of them outsiders the Saturday might be better. Worth sticking up a poll on the date?

Ha for Coppers I think you need to be at least 2.5 sheets to the wind to fully appreciate it

Which is why it's so much fun on match days. You'd be drinking from early afternoon so come midnight it makes loads of sense. Plus it's only a short stroll from Bobos for a post pints burger.

I'll put up the two finals dates for the poll, will add more if suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'd be highly interested too

.ak wrote: »
    I'll put up the two finals dates for the poll, will add more if suggested.

Would the Rabo final be an idea too? Bound to be a few Ulster fans down for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Coppers is great.

Hell, I'd imagine.....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Sadly won't be able to make it because of an exam, the same exam that had denied me a Heineken Cup final seat. :mad:

I would have given out a few free pairs of John Hayes pyjamas and all...

Would the Rabo final be an idea too? Bound to be a few Ulster fans down for that.
    Enough of your scuddery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Yah from me P_1. Not working on finals weekend, so potentially keen alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

This event would be interesting, if even just to see how the mods succeed in verbally communicating in bold font!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Somebody will have to be nominated to 'restrain' [jackass] .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

The fun part would be trying to work out who's who. I'm already at a disadvantage with my accent. Need Kiwi_knock to come along, just to make it a wee bit harder...

Enough of your scuddery!

That was a sincere suggestion to try and maximise the numbers. I only wish I was that witty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I've LC related stuff on the Friday, but I'd probably make it on the Saturday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

in the middle of my exams, otherwise i'd be up for it.

Swiwi wrote: »
    The fun part would be trying to work out who's who. I'm already at a disadvantage with my accent. Need Kiwi_knock to come along, just to make it a wee bit harder...
    I have the same disadvantage, but you could always put on a Dub accent:

"Roysh bud, wassa staaarrrry?"

I can do a pretty mean 'camplax sitweeation' if that's any help to you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

So you'll be the fella doing the two basic Dublin accents in the same sentence? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'll just leave this here.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    So you'll be the fella doing the two basic Dublin accents in the same sentence? :pac:

He's given away where he lives now too. Crafty beggar living on the Liffey :p

Advertisement