Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC on the way for Navan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

FFS,

In a town thats full of chippers and take-aways, thats the last thing we need... another one!

We have a cinema that smells of wee and is falling apart and they refuse planning for a new one, but i have a funny feeling that this will get approved even though the town is full of chippers... way more than any other town i can think of.

Two thumbs up for the Meath county council planning dept. - Good job so far lads! :D

(i know i bang on about the new cinema not coming, but i like my movies! :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Access wrote: »
    FFS,

In a town thats full of chippers and take-aways, thats the last thing we need... another one!

We have a cinema that smells of wee and is falling apart and they refuse planning for a new one, but i have a funny feeling that this will get approved even though the town is full of chippers... way more than any other town i can think of.

Two thumbs up for the Meath county council planning dept. - Good job so far lads! :D

KFC is not a chipper.. maybe people want a KFC ?, maybe it will bring some much needed jobs ? I think we need a BurgerKing too !

As for the cinema application, I do agree its needed but its just a matter of changing the original application and re submitting it. It will get permission at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

wont happen

Fuh Q wrote: »
    KFC is not a chipper.. maybe people want a KFC ?, maybe it will bring some much needed jobs ? I think we need a BurgerKing too !

As for the cinema application, I do agree its needed but its just a matter of changing the original application and re submitting it. It will get permission at some stage.

Not a chipper? come on... chipper/take away - You say Potato, I say Potato... its all the same.

The square has at least 5 take aways alone... add others like macaris/mc ds/supermacs/chipper up near the stadium/handful of chinese takeaways/all the different pizza places... others i have forgotten... in fairness the town is over-run with them... do we really need another take away the likes of KFC or BK?

Jobs aside... this town is backwards... its the only place i know of in Ireland where they are trying to close the hospital and open takeaways.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Access wrote: »
    FFS,

EXACTLY my thoughts. :)

What's needed: a new cinema.
    What will happen: another fcuking fast food joint. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

My problem with KFC is the proposed location, not only because this is the car park I use the most regularly when I am in town, but also it's proximity to a primary school and two post primary schools. Fried processed foods,, whilst sometimes tasty, have very little nutritional value, and are full of bad cholesterol. Imagine the mess along Brews Hill when the hoards of kids eating this junk food descend on it each day. Let them open their KFC somewhere that is not close to schools with healthy eating policies, and where they won't be ripping up parking spaces....

As for the picture house in the retail park, I think that's not going to happen, as the proposed tenants are going into administration, and the only other cinema they operate is now closed....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056850073

My problem with KFC is the proposed location, not only because this is the car park I use the most regularly when I am in town, but also it's proximity to a primary school and two post primary schools. Fried processed foods,, whilst sometimes tasty, have very little nutritional value, and are full of bad cholesterol. Imagine the mess along Brews Hill when the hoards of kids eating this junk food descend on it each day. Let them open their KFC somewhere that is not close to schools with healthy eating policies, and where they won't be ripping up parking spaces....

As for the picture house in the retail park, I think that's not going to happen, as the proposed tenants are going into administration, and the only other cinema they operate is now closed....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056850073

Agree totally... also forgot the school is right next to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

PauloMN wrote: »
    EXACTLY my thoughts. :)

What's needed: a new cinema.
    What will happen: another fcuking fast food joint. :rolleyes:

You know a cinema is just a big TV right you slump in front off for 2 hours or more and they will be selling sweets, big sugary drinks and the like? :p

So both equally unhealthy

bring on the new park I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

At least we'll be able to see KFC litter all over Navan on Sunday mornings now! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

So both equally unhealthy

I wasn't comparing the heath aspects of KFC v a new cinema though. I was stating that Navan needs a new cinema far above another fast food outlet.
    bring on the new park I say!

No arguments from me there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Must admit I love kfc but yeah there are so many take-aways in Navan. Must count them all and see.

20 I have counted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Hey choice is a good thing. Yeah, wouldn't it be much better if we had just 2 or 3 take aways, maybe they could serve the same meals too!

I know missing out on the cinema sucks but you can't hold it against KFC!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The cinema is Navan is a kip...have been numerous times and the place is run like its a holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Have to say I'm delighted only because I have to drive to Blanch to get a KFC at the moment, there's nothing wrong with choice.

BTW total disgrace on the refusal to the new cinema, the cinema at the centre isn't the only thing that smells funny around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

bladespin wrote: »
    Have to say I'm delighted only because I have to drive to Blanch to get a KFC at the moment, there's nothing wrong with choice.

BTW total disgrace on the refusal to the new cinema, the cinema at the centre isn't the only thing that smells funny around here.

There's a KFC in Drogheda.

washiskin wrote: »
    There's a KFC in Drogheda.

Ever tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

bladespin wrote: »
    Ever tried it?

Several times, nice staff, regular KFC fare and clean. Why do I feel I'm headed for a shock? ;)

washiskin wrote: »
    Several times, nice staff, regular KFC fare and clean. Why do I feel I'm headed for a shock? ;)

Maybe we've just been unlucky so, last time the grease was literally dripping out of the box, not to mention the wrong order being served to two in our party and the service left a lot to be desired, I'd consider Blanch is easier to get to and much better quality wise.

Most Kfc are disaster zones ...the one in drogheada I went to once drive thru .....got out of my car in to the building past the overflowing bins and got my order quicker !!! 30 mins wait (I was hungry)

If they could get the mcDs service in a kfc it would be perfect

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In my opinion KFC in Ireland is very poorly managed. Shame...

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »
    In my opinion KFC in Ireland is very poorly managed. Shame...

To be fair its the same in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Bull McCabe1920

I love KFC and I think it is way better than McDonald's however it is very expensive when you take into account the handful of chips you get with your meal.

There is a restaurant on the square in Navan and you will get a proper dinner for €6.95. Half decent meal in KFC will cost around €8

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

Ohhhh great the Meath women will get even fatter !

I still can't believe someone would drive from Navan to Blanch for KFC food! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I still can't believe someone would drive from Navan to Blanch for KFC food! :eek:

they have them littered around small high streets over here, like you'd see a local chipper in ireland i.e. there to catch people coming out after a few scoops. I wouldn't cross the road for KFC food!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

KFC in UK, Thailand and USA is well better than the Waterford/Clonmel KFC, More crispy on the outside . Just my 2 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

I recon the KFC is probably better in the USA otherwise the afroamericans would shoot the place up ! You know them and their fried chicken lol

Cravings! You'll go wherever it takes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Big Davey wrote: »

Sounds like you're not so small yourself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Big Davey wrote: »

Meath women tend to be very attractive IMO

Advertisement