Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less than 6 months to go until the world ends...

Options
  • 27-06-2012 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Hey so everyone knows the world is going to end on the 21st December 2012! Less than 6 months away people! Just wondering if anyone has any major plans before the world ends? :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Do exactly what I was doing for the last six times the world was supposed to end.

Try to take over the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Save a fortune on Xmas shopping so......sweet! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Mayan calendar didn't take into account Leap years...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm flying on that day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It might be pretty easy to get laid at an end of the world party, so that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I have scientific proof that it will end! Di jong wi meow wong the leader of North Korea plans to send 6 nuclear missiles across the world. He has not yet chosen what countries will be hit. It is rumoured that he will do a raffle of the countries of the world to see who are the lucky ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭android1

I have plans, big plans.... Too big to post here. Lets just say I have plans. Big plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

nbar12 wrote: »
    I have scientific proof that it will end! Di jong wi meow wong the leader of North Korea plans to send 6 nuclear missiles across the world. He has not yet chosen what countries will be hit. It is rumoured that he will do a raffle of the countries of the world to see who are the lucky ones.

dont worry I've plenty to go around, line up people.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkfX_GdpQ2uKMlc9GEc6I9AsoPd5N85BkwvximzrjjO6BwDFpy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You know n. Korea is a real country with a real leader? It's not ask makey uppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭bren2001

Just typical of Nbar12 to post something like this....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Sindri wrote: »
    Mayan calendar didn't take into account Leap years...

Thanks for that was just about to say the same thing, this should be stickied now to stop all the other world is ending threads come December.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Just typical of Nbar12 to post something like this....

OK sorry but who are you? Listen pal I don't usually say this but if you leave a negative comment again you will leave me no choice other than to look for you, and I will find you...and I will kill you :mad:

donalg1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that was just about to say the same thing, this should be stickied now to stop all the other world is ending threads come December.

How can you be so suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure!?!?!? I'm quitting my job and selling everything I have, including my gamecube and Im going to live with the mermaids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

oh bollix is the Y2K bug back? :(

davet82 wrote: »

You understand why it was called the y2k bug don't you..and what it did...because banks were running cobol...and their time/date parameters were...I'll shut up now.

:pac:

I think this is the reason why the household charge is only at 50%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

chin_grin wrote: »
    You understand why it was called the y2k bug don't you..and what it did...because banks were running cobol...and their time/date parameters were...I'll shut up now.

:pac:

enough with the nerd talk, just tell me how long I have left!

enough with the nerd talk, just tell me how long I have left!

Just how heavily do you drink/smoke? Any history of heart disease in your family? How often do you exercise?

I'd say a long time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

And this time, it's terminal.

ScumLord wrote: »
    And this time, it's terminal.

<snorts>

"..and you don't want to end up in the middle of invalid memory...hello?...hello?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm just waiting for a cult to do a mass suicide pact.

Maybe I should start one and capitalise on this doom & gloom market.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Hey so everyone knows the world is going to end on the 21st December 2012! Less than 6 months away people! Just wondering if anyone has any major plans before the world ends? :pac:

I bet you 20 quid it will not.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for a cult to do a mass suicide pact.

Maybe I should start one and capitalise on this doom & gloom market.

....damn your ninja edit! Was about to suggest, but not in that way...Yesss 'capitalise'....cof.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

chin_grin wrote: »
    ....damn your ninja edit! Was about to suggest, but not in that way...Yesss 'capitalise'....cof.

It's a cut-throat business, ya gotta be quick :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

quick everyone patch their pc's again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

donalg1 wrote: »

It (the Mayan calendar) doesn't take into account Leap years, no, but the current baktun (cycle in the Mayan calendar) does indeed actually end on the 21st of December 2012. The Mayan date on the 20th of this year will be 12.19.19.17.19 and the next day, the 21st it will be 13.0.0.0.0.

They don't actually say the world will end, rather it's the beginning of a new baktun, a new era and this Mayan calendar (the Long Count) is a linear calendar so could continue on indefinitely. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

y2.012k bug results in an indian calling you to tell you, that you have a virus on your pc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

TBH the only way anything could happen is a nut like him deciding to take advantage of the date. Mentally ill leaders have a bit of form for belief in the paranormal and such.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Funny how like a year and half before the date everyone is talking about it, trending and so on.

Now its six months away and I haven't heard **** about it for ages. Suppose all the fools who believe something will happen have gone hiding to survive or onto a new whacky belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Advertisement