Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-06-2012, 01:16   #46
Darkglasses

Call Joe, that is pretty ignorant of them, and it's a good story.
Advertisement
01-06-2012, 01:17   #47
i heart chewy louie
Innocent Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushtrak View Post
Simple. Don't eat in McDonalds. This incident isn't the only reason to justify such a move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battered Mars Bar View Post
Wtf Could you not just lob him up on the sink counter in the mens jacks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFly View Post
First world problem don't ya just love 'em
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFly View Post
Or in the cubicle on your knee??
Are you lot taking the fucking piss?
What an age we live in.
01-06-2012, 01:24   #48
Pushtrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Carroll View Post
Are you lot taking the fucking piss?
What an age we live in.
Suppose you go somewhere and aren't happy with the service for whatever reason. Do you suppose it is a good idea to keep going there? Indeed what an age we live in.

Someone posts an issue they had with a service, and one can not point out it might be worth not returning... And this is puzzling to people. I'm not understanding where you are coming from on this. Clarify?

You took issue to my post, and one calling it first world problems. Your angle on all this is unclear.
01-06-2012, 01:29   #49
stupidusername
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by teishen View Post
If you walk into the ladies toilet as a man, with a baby in your arms to change, no woman will give you any grief.
Is that a rule or something? I would be significantly put out by someone doing that.
01-06-2012, 01:40   #50
2 stroke

If she blocked you from using the baby changing area, you should have handed her the baby and changing bag.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
01-06-2012, 01:40   #51
i heart chewy louie
Innocent Man

Quote:
Suppose you go somewhere and aren't happy with the service for whatever reason. Do you suppose it is a good idea to keep going there? Indeed what an age we live in.

Someone posts an issue they had with a service, and one can not point out it might be worth not returning... And this is puzzling to people. I'm not understanding where you are coming from on this. Clarify?

You took issue to my post, and one calling it first world problems. Your angle on all this is unclear.
Because it's gender based discrimination obviously.

If someone offers a ****ty service to everyone, okay, just don't go there (though there must rules and regulations on facilities, quite probably ignored in this country).

If someone offers a ****ty service to one group and not another based on their gender or race, then we have a problem. That isn't too hard to wrap your head around is it?

If it helps you understand it, replace *Blocks door* - 'Sorry men can't use the baby changing facilities' with 'sorry, *Blocks door* 'Sorry, Black people can't use the baby changing facilities here. /shrug.'

Are you male or female out of curiosity?

Last edited by i heart chewy louie; 01-06-2012 at 01:44.
01-06-2012, 01:42   #52
i heart chewy louie
Innocent Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidusername View Post
Is that a rule or something? I would be significantly put out by someone doing that.
You should consider complaining any time you are in a place that only provides females with a baby changing facility.
01-06-2012, 01:47   #53
IrishAm

Quote:
Public bars and restaurants are not legally obliged to provide baby changing facilities. Its a service they choose to provide at their discretion.

If the OP took them to court, citing this as evidence of gender based discrimination, he should expect to pick up all costs.

Last edited by IrishAm; 01-06-2012 at 01:51.
(3) thanks from:
01-06-2012, 01:50   #54
vicwatson
Banned

Babies sh*t - McDonalds sh*t - what's the damn problem?
Advertisement
01-06-2012, 01:54   #55
stupidusername
Closed Account

Quote:
You should consider complaining any time you are in a place that only provides females with a baby changing facility.
No I shouldn't.
01-06-2012, 01:54   #56
Pushtrak

Quote:

If someone offers a ****ty service to everyone, okay, just don't go there (though there must rules and regulations on facilities, quiet probably ignored in this country).

If someone offers a ****ty service to one group and not another based on their gender or race, then we have a problem. That isn't too hard to wrap your head around is it?
No, it isn't (too hard to wrap my head around, for clarification). Thank you for clarifying. I guess I am just trying to (over?)simplify it in to a matter of voting with your wallet. Availing of alternative places that deserve the customers.

Oh, and my first post here wasn't in any way trying to devalue the thread in a "Oh, this shouldn't have been posted here, just don't go there". I actually find a lot of value in places being called out for sucky business practices. And think people should question whether they want to give money to whatever business on whatever basis.
Quote:
Male, and for full disclosure, I don't have kids.
01-06-2012, 02:10   #57
i heart chewy louie
Innocent Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishAm View Post
Public bars and restaurants are not legally obliged to provide baby changing facilities. Its a service they choose to provide at their discretion.

If the OP took them to court, citing this as evidence of gender based discrimination, he should expect to pick up all costs.
Hardly makes it right though, does it? Many laws and regulations in this country are a joke. Old and backward.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone could have success at a higher court, European based. Regardless, they should be shamed into sorting themselves out.

Are you aware of what the laws are regarding disabled toilets? Have noticed one hilarious setup regarding that... so curious as to what the laws are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidusername View Post
No I shouldn't.
Then don't complain if someone uses the baby changing facilities.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't be keen on having people changing their babies ****ty nappies in front of me either.
Baby changing facilities if provided shouldn't be gender specific, that makes not a jot of sense.

Quote:
No, it isn't (too hard to wrap my head around, for clarification). Thank you for clarifying. I guess I am just trying to (over?)simplify it in to a matter of voting with your wallet. Availing of alternative places that deserve the customers.

Oh, and my first post here wasn't in any way trying to devalue the thread in a "Oh, this shouldn't have been posted here, just don't go there". I actually find a lot of value in places being called out for sucky business practices. And think people should question whether they want to give money to whatever business on whatever basis.

Male, and for full disclosure, I don't have kids.
Male without kids also.
The sad thing is that people generally won't vote with their feet/wallet.
01-06-2012, 02:32   #58
guppy

Quote:

If someone offers a ****ty service to everyone, okay, just don't go there (though there must rules and regulations on facilities, quite probably ignored in this country).

If it helps you understand it, replace *Blocks door* - 'Sorry men can't use the baby changing facilities' with 'sorry, *Blocks door* 'Sorry, Black people can't use the baby changing facilities here. /shrug.'

As a woman, I had to change my baby on my lap, in a cubicle many times. Not sexism, just piss-poor facilities. I dealt with it (as did many other women), why could a man not just adapt, as I, as a woman, as did numerous other women, had(have) to?
01-06-2012, 02:38   #59
ahnowbrowncow

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppy View Post
As a woman, I had to change my baby on my lap, in a cubicle many times. Not sexism, just piss-poor facilities. I dealt with it (as did many other women), why could a man not just adapt, as I, as a woman, as did numerous other women, had(have) to?
What don't you understand, providing a service to one set of people and not another is discrimination. Is it that difficult to grasp???
01-06-2012, 02:40   #60
IvySlayer

Send a message via Skype™ to IvySlayer
Denying someone a service based on their gender seems bang out of order to me.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion