Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda Surfing

Options
  • 23-04-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the picture of the 4 Gardai hanging out the windows of a moving squad car.

I seem to remember a few lads from Tipperary getting driving bans for something similar a few months back.
    0005ce65-450.jpg[/QUOTE]

I heard about this on Joe Duffy today and he has the picture on his website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Is there a story source for this photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

the link doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Has anyone seen the picture of the 4 Gardai hanging out the windows of a moving squad car.

I seem to remember a few lads from Tipperary getting driving bans for something similar a few months back.

[img][/img]http://img.rasset.ie/0005ce65-450.jpg

I see four people hanging out of windows on a straight clear road. Those lads from Tipp if I'm not mistaken where hanging out of Windows driving down some tight country roads around blind bends at speed. No real comparison there.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

OSI wrote: »
    0005ce65-450.jpg

Thanks Osi I can't do that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Well - the brake lights are on, so there's also a possibility that the car wasn't moving.

Silly stunt to pull though. Bad example and all that ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

*sighs...

another Garda-Bashing thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is there a story source for this photo?

AFAIK, no. The picture appeared out of nowhere and there is no back story to it. There is also no confirmation that it is members of AGS. Its all a bit of a mystery, Course that doesn't stop people from doing some mud slinging. I'm not talking about this thread, but instead the callers to liveline.

166man wrote: »
    *sighs...

another Garda-Bashing thread...

I fail to see any bashing in the above.

I see four people hanging out of windows on a straight clear road. Those lads from Tipp if I'm not mistaken where hanging out of Windows driving down some tight country roads around blind bends at speed. No real comparison there.

I see 4 garda in uniform hanging out the windows of a squad car on a narrow country road.

From the angle the picture was taken, there is either a bus or a large van/truck travelling directly behind them.

If the driver on approaching the sharp bend in front of him has to take any kind of evasive action all 4 window hangers could end up on the road,

If nothing else its reckless and stupid in the extreme.

syklops wrote: »
    AFAIK, no. The picture appeared out of nowhere and there is no back story to it. There is also no confirmation that it is members of AGS. Its all a bit of a mystery, Course that doesn't stop people from doing some mud slinging. I'm not talking about this thread, but instead the callers to liveline.

Thank you for that:)

I tried to find some information but I drew a blank on it really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

0005ce65-450.jpg
    Looks like the saloon Focus facelifted in 05. I think brake lights are on top so car isn't stopped/braking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You're kidding, right? I don't expect the picture to be genuine, but if it was it'd be pretty bad.

dilallio wrote: »
    Well - the brake lights are on, so there's also a possibility that the car wasn't moving.

Silly stunt to pull though. Bad example and all that ...

Brake lights don't appear to be on as the brake light in the back window is not illuminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

dilallio wrote: »
    Well - the brake lights are on, ...

No they aren't. Its the camera flash in the reflectors.

Its not that silly - I don't see any other cars and provided the car isn't moving too quickly and the driver is in control then I don't see a problem.

The mistake they made was being caught on film - much like Joe Public when a Gatso van catches him speeding.

I used regularly get out of moving car windows and surf on the roof or bonnet - I never fell off (or got caught by the fuzz) and while I wouldn't encourage my kids to do it, life is pretty boring if you are going to spend all 80 years of it strapped into a seatbelt at 70kph.

'cptr

If the driver is hanging out the window too it may well be stopped with the handbrake applied.

Are the lights at the rear not just the normal lights on rear lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I fail to see any bashing in the above.

Sorry if I was unclear, I have a feeling this will become a Garda-Bashing thread and just be closed, eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Have you folks never had a motorcade enter your estate with a local football team celebrating?

All hanging out the windows, cheering and beeping horns. No?

Well it happens and this is what was happening here. They are a local team celebrating a win and the Gardai were part of the festivities.

It was shown up on Joe.ie and the picture is rumoured to be quite old. Somebody threw it up in relation to something else and it gathered steam.

There is nothing stupid going on in this picture other than the fact the Health & Safety brigade have jumped all over it and the folks who say "Well if the Gardai can do it...................."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Have you folks never had a motorcade enter your estate with a local football team celebrating?

Well it happens and this is what was happening here. They are a local team celebrating a win and the Gardai were part of the festivities.

It was shown up on Joe.ie and the picture is rumoured to be quite old. Somebody threw it up in relation to something else and it gathered steam.

There is nothing stupid going on in this picture other than the fact the Health & Safety brigade have jumped all over it and the folks who say "Well if the Gardai can do it...................."

Ah so they are celebrating a GAA win so that makes it alright :rolleyes:. feckin culchies.

That would make sense judging buy the split blinds visible in the picture - it is most likely taken on a bus as mentioned. I would still question whether the car is actually moving however.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ah so they are celebrating a GAA win so that makes it alright :rolleyes:. feckin culchies.

Let's put it this way. It has gotten airtime on Joe Duffy which basically means the great unwashed/proletariat have gotten up in arms about it which now means nobody will take the subject seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Well it's at least 5 years and less old. It's a bit bad that people are charged with this and The Gardai are caught doing tbh.

Did that generalisation make you feel better?

There is more to Ireland that Dublin - it's a regular occurence if a local team wins a big game alright.

Let's put it this way. It has gotten airtime on Joe Duffy which basically means the great unwashed/proletariat have gotten up in arms about it which now means nobody will take the subject seriously.

Just wait till they get hold of the stability treaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I'm pretty sure the top half of the rear lights are the break lights on a Focus saloon. So they would appear to have their rear fog lights on to.

This is unacceptable, I want the drivers head on a stick, its not even foggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Boscoirl wrote: »
    This is unacceptable, I want the drivers head on a stick, its not even foggy

He is wrong actually because the light is the reflectors on the taillights of the car from the camera flash..

My bad, I thought it was too bright out for the flash to have any affect on the reflectors, but it would seem I'm wrong.

The tail lights would have to be illuminated too for the fogs to work.

Did that generalisation make you feel better?

There is more to Ireland that Dublin - it's a regular occurence if a local team wins a big game alright.

It's not a generalisation it's a fact. You just said it yourself. Anyway I know there is more to Ireland than Dublin, but do those outside Dublin know that there is more to life then GAA?

It's not a generalisation it's a fact. You just said it yourself. Anyway I know there is more to Ireland than Dublin, but do those outside Dublin know that there is more to life then GAA?

Of course, but they don't need to insult the vast majority of the country with silly little remarks.

Most Dubs I know are GAA mad so thats complete rubbish..

• Advertisement

Of course, but they don't need to insult the vast majority of the country with silly little remarks.

The vast majority are in Dublin, and I insult them just as much.

Advertisement