Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Is it just me or does slade come across as an australian young sean connery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So they took a blood sample (just one) from Mommy's office, sent the cleaners in straight away to remove the rest, and it had an accident in the lab. Oh if only they had taken another sample as a backup.

I hate lazy writing like that. Otherwise a good episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Crixus is certainly still a handy lad with the swords! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mr E wrote: »
    So they took a blood sample (just one) from Mommy's office, sent the cleaners in straight away to remove the rest, and it had an accident in the lab. Oh if only they had taken another sample as a backup.

I hate lazy writing like that. Otherwise a good episode.

Yes there were a few really annoying lazy writing instances this episode, like Diggle explaining he had some mediacl training when in the army so should be able to patch Oliver up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Yes there were a few really annoying lazy writing instances this episode, like Diggle explaining he had some mediacl training when in the army so should be able to patch Oliver up :rolleyes:

I actually just went with that in the Soldier can remove a bullet and stitch if need be it was the Defib that got me in all fairness,
    I really liked the amount of flash back in the Ep and cant wait till hes on his travels becoming a bad ass that will be great

ps can we put American pace in the thread title sometimes I have to wait for sky to show it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't know if I mentioned it before, but ever notice Ollie seems incapable of turning his head too far? He always seems to turn his whole body if looking at something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

ps can we put American pace in the thread title sometimes I have to wait for sky to show it
    it says The CW in the title, which is the channel its broadcast on in america

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Smashing episode !!!

More Flashbacks please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Solid episode, plenty of flashbacks and Crixus even got a swordfight.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't know if I mentioned it before, but ever notice Ollie seems incapable of turning his head too far? He always seems to turn his whole body if looking at something.

Yup, I call that Timothy Olyphant Syndrome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ glad yáll enjoyed the episode...got a nice ratings bump, a 1.1 and 3.29m....so 200,000 fanboys tuned in to worship at the altar of Felicity

emily-bett-rickards-felicity-smoak.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I loved the Castaway reference, came out of nowhere :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Finally caught up with the last 5 episodes.
    It's still getting better week by week I feel.
    We were all crying out for more island scenes and the one episode where it was predominately set on the island, is they one episode where I wanted to see what was going to happen in Starling City :)
    What I really wanted to see was what would happen with the huge pool of blood left behind when Oliver was shot, only for it to be glossed over in two seconds by Felicity, who is starting to grow on me BTW, and then by Lance
    It was all just too easy for them. That's my only gripe.

Is it being shown on Sky?...what episode are they up to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

I love Felicity and hate Laurel. That is all.

I love Felicity and hate Laurel. That is all.

+1.....I was excited for Katie Cassidy to be on the show, I've seen a lot of her movies/tv shows and she's great. But on Arrow she is a whiney and Judgemental arse.

If you go by hotness Felicity has her beat, Felicity and the actress steals every scene she is in, and they are all brief scenes. she's fun, smart, cute as hell, sassy + WAY better chemistry then his supposed epic love Laurel.

I dunno if its Katie or the scripts but she comes across very badly on the show. Maybe if she turned into Black Canary and kicked butt she might get redeemed :confused:

1 minute in: Hey, it's the dude from Battlestar.
    20 mins later: Hey it's the girl from Battlestar.

Felicity looking good. And missed golden opportinity for smart Ollie/Diggle remarks.

Will we see the guy from the island again, I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

No one annoys me more on the show than Thea. Laurel has room to improve ... but Thea is just a self-entitled bitch.

Did anyone else find it a little lazy that there was a random new guy found in the flashback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Yeah I think Thea is the weakest.

Thea is starting to wreck my head purely for the way she talks.

There's this weird background noise to her voice like she's constantly talking half through her throat. I didn't hear it at first, but now that I've heard it it's all I can hear every time she has lines and it's killing me!

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Thea is starting to wreck my head purely for the way she talks.

There's this weird background noise to her voice like she's constantly talking half through her throat. I didn't hear it at first, but now that I've heard it it's all I can hear every time she has lines and it's killing me!

Its like a 3 step system. It goes through her throat, her teeth and her slightly closed lips... annoying as hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,113 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

miralize wrote: »
    No one annoys me more on the show than Thea. Laurel has room to improve ... but Thea is just a self-entitled bitch.

Did anyone else find it a little lazy that there was a random new guy found in the flashback?

He'll probably show up in a future episode to get his revenge on Oliver for leaving him in the sh1t, unless of course he was pretending to be a victim when he wasn't, in which case he'll probably still show up in a future episode to do something nasty.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    He'll probably show up in a future episode to get his revenge on Oliver for leaving him in the sh1t, unless of course he was pretending to be a victim when he wasn't, in which case he'll probably still show up in a future episode to do something nasty.

+1....we'll see him again, not a great episode overall. Lovin' Felicity's snark....she looked damn good down nerded. Mommy Arrow wants Dark Archer dead eh?

Callis was pretty good in his brief scenes and Colton....lol, same douchebag he played on Teen Wolf. As for Thea...Willa Holland has ALWAYS annoyed me :mad:

I hated her on The OC and Gossip Girl....she rather trashy in real life, there was some hubbub back in '04 via her Myspace, pics of her with a gun and a bottle of Jack.

2/5

It genuinely feels like watching a different show whenever Laurel and Thea are on the screen.

Stephen amell twatting away about tonights ep. ...........

Black Canary!.......:p , ha!...nice little nod there Geoff Johns ;)
    Tommy knows!....:eek:
    Sarah alive!......:eek:

Malcolm nearly or wanted to reveal to Tommy he was the Dark Archer! + his plan for the city, Mommy Lance drops by and drops and bombshell.

Wtf is going on with the island and Silas?. Deadshot alive but no explanation as to how :confused: ... :rolleyes:

Fast paced and pretty action packed ep. - very little of Laurel and zero of Thea! :D

Loved Diggle training up Felicity :) , and Ollie getting annoyed with Felicity's personality quirks :)

Jeoff Johns did a bang up job despite several plotholes....flippin 3 week break :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭squonk

Richard, FFS can you not spoiler this stuff or, for courtesy sake, hold off til later tonight before posting like this. I know for me Arrow comes down around 12AM-1AM Wed night but I'm headed to bed at that point and save it for a Thursday night highlight instead. Did you even watch the episode yourself before posting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

squonk wrote: »
    Richard, FFS can you not spoiler this stuff or, for courtesy sake, hold off til later tonight before posting like this. I know for me Arrow comes down around 12AM-1AM Wed night but I'm headed to bed at that point and save it for a Thursday night highlight instead. Did you even watch the episode yourself before posting?

Spoliers listed in the title dude, i never go into a thread after a broadcast until ive watched the show

Great episode this week, im honestly surprised how much im enjoying this, although the constant influx of actors from other shows i like might have something to do with it

VinLieger wrote: »
    Spoliers listed in the title dude, i never go into a thread after a broadcast until ive watched the show

Great episode this week, im honestly surprised how much im enjoying this, although the constant influx of actors from other shows i like might have something to do with it

Yep agreed - Don't know what would possess you to enter a thread after it has broadcast, especially seeing that there is a post made after it has broadcast.

Anyway, enjoyed again. Had expected a swerve with Sarah to free up the Oliver/Laurel relationship to have the ability to progress - so not too surprised there. Lots of good moments and still look forward to this each week

• Advertisement

+ I sorta have "form" for this kinda thing...it should be well known by now how I operate. + Arrow is on @ 7pm in Canada.....1am our time.

He shouldn't have revealed himself to Tommy.

So who goes back to investigate the penthouse and sees the glass going into the secret compartment?

Deadshot's eyepiece looks better than his old one anyway.

And now let's see what other Doctor Who companions/partners we can get.

Not that happy with the latest ep. I reckon at this point Oliver should just take out a full page ad in the Starling Gazette or whatever the local paper is called. By the end of the season half the city will know his identity at this rate. Also, the baddies were particularly dumb this week. The sniper could have just killed Merlin through the glass while he gave the speech or, shock thought of the day, just planted himself in the room, or the girl with the white hair could have done it. The two guys who Tommy and Daddy met at the top of the stairs were taking the piss. I wondered if the thugs were deciding, well, should we kill these two guys or maybe just ask them if they're heading for a few pints? They waited long enough for Merlin Snr to get his act together and blow them away. The piece at the end where Laurel's sister 'might be alive' was also incredibly silly. Looks like everybody survived the shipwreck at this stage. If I was Mr. Queen Snr I'd be spinning in my grave at this stage for being stupid enough to blow myself away really.

I really hope the show isn't going down this route where the baddies are just dumb and the goodies have all the time in the world to blow them away. Small things like the above are starting to annoy me about the show now so I just hope they don't fester and end up ruining it for me altogether in time.

squonk wrote: »
    Not that happy with the latest ep. I reckon at this point Oliver should just take out a full page ad in the Starling Gazette or whatever the local paper is called. By the end of the season half the city will know his identity at this rate. Also, the baddies were particularly dumb this week. The sniper could have just killed Merlin through the glass while he gave the speech or, shock thought of the day, just planted himself in the room, or the girl with the white hair could have done it. The two guys who Tommy and Daddy met at the top of the stairs were taking the piss. I wondered if the thugs were deciding, well, should we kill these two guys or maybe just ask them if they're heading for a few pints? They waited long enough for Merlin Snr to get his act together and blow them away. The piece at the end where Laurel's sister 'might be alive' was also incredibly silly. Looks like everybody survived the shipwreck at this stage. If I was Mr. Queen Snr I'd be spinning in my grave at this stage for being stupid enough to blow myself away really.

I really hope the show isn't going down this route where the baddies are just dumb and the goodies have all the time in the world to blow them away. Small things like the above are starting to annoy me about the show now so I just hope they don't fester and end up ruining it for me altogether in time.

+1....you're not alone, lots of people have said the same, Tommy finding out was a mistake. BUT...I think they have a story arc plan with this reveal, it might be Tommy dad comes out to him as The Dark Archer....he and Arrow fight, Darky Archer gets killed.....Tommy vows revenge and becomes the new Dark Archer.

That plot seem familiar?....yeah, Spiderman 1 + 2 :rolleyes: - I hope it dosent go there, WAY too many people know now....having Felicity know as cool but Tommy was too far and unnesscary.

It was an action packed ep. but it tried to stuff in too much!, and considering Geoff Johns wrote it [Smallville Absolute Justice] I was expecting more.

Instead of The Huntress Returns they should have called it, My Psycho Ex Girlfriend! ;)

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    He shouldn't have revealed himself to Tommy.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Spoilers-Geoff-Johns-Oliver-Secret-Black-Canary-1062003.aspx

LOL!...I soo called this!

We can only imagine that if Oliver is the one to kill the Dark Archer, Tommy would be so furious that he would take his father's place — similar to the breakdown of Peter Parker and Harry Osborn's relationship in Spider-Man when Harry took over the mantle of Green Goblin following his father's death.

And we'll see more of Shado, Yau Fei's daughter: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Celina-Jade-Shado-Oliver-Spoilers-1062249.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Not back untill the 20th, ffs!

Returns tonight after a 3 week break with hot, sexy Jessica D.G.

Crixus a series regular for season 2; http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-manu-bennett-season-2-430044

• Advertisement

Wow!....what an episode! :D - a superb return to form, cracking stunts/action and The Huntress is one BAD A** B!TCH! :D

Jaysus, taking out all those FBI agents, rocking that stripper outfit and leather...and those shoes! :cool:

Jessica De Gow is superb in the role, her delivery of lines and facial expressions, a very unhinged girl. And she got away!....but her shooting McKenna is a very bad omen for their next meeting.

Oliver will have to take her down next time, Roy Harper lived upto is Speedy name + nice comic nod with the syringe/him being a junkie.

After a few dodgy/patchy episodes this was terrific action and story, i'm meh on Laurel as usual!....they seriously need to give her a reason to exist, hasten her decent into Black Canary.

And I still think we're headed to Spiderman with Tommy and his dad, if Oliver kills him in the finale no doubt he'll become the new Dark Archer :rolleyes:

Everyone is predicting it, I just hope the writers don't go there.

I don't know much about the comic so don't know about Dark Canary but I did in general like last night's episode. Plenty of action and Helena is always welcome.

Again though, what is wrong with Laurel's dad? He must be the dumbest cop in the city if he's not beginning to suspect Oliver at this point. Helena told him FFS! McKenna getting shot was also weak IMHO as she was in an excellent position to ferret out Oliver's identity now but they've conveniently removed her.

I love the show but it's small things like this that are pissing me off about it. Pissed off Tommy is another one. He hasn't a great right to be pissed off with Oliver. Oliver saved his ass, and his dad's ass as well. Personally I'd have expected Oliver to tell him to stop being such a douche or expect an arrow in the head. If Laurel is supposed to turn into a dark warrior herself, I sure as heck don't see that happening at the rate things are going. Does everybody turn into a dark warrior? When you have everybody and their friends donning eyemasks, the show will become stupid IMHO. I'm afraid somewhat that it might be heading in that direction at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

After seeing Richard's "Wow... what an episode" post this morning (replete with lots of smileys and 5/5 rating!), I was really looking forward to this.

Hmmmmm.... Jessica De Gouw = Wow, but otherwise, merely an above average episode.

I thought was a meh episode. Huntress isn't a great actress. And don't like how she's now got no excuse for being a murderer. Nothing to justify her killing FBI agents. If she just wounded them it would've been better. Just feel they ruined the character.

The island stuff was very sparse.

At least the Tommy/Ollie relationship improved again which means that tension is out of the way at least. It was getting annoying.

And I never understand when characters are asked to tell secrets why they don't just reply, like Tommy should've to Laurel, with "It's not my secret to tell"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I said this once before but I'm going to say that again .

More flashbacks please ffs !!!

Is it me or has Oliver become increasingly annoyed and nasty towards Felicity? :(

I mean: http://tvline.com/2013/03/26/arrow-season-1-spoilers-video-oliver-yells-at-felicity/

^ guess we were wrong, since she found out about Arrow there have been less and less signs of Olicity becoming an item......:(

Had a mini catchup session there, glad there was a 3 week hiatus.....
    Anyway, not bad with the latest being better then Salvation. Interesting scene right at the end with Tommy and his dad, it was the look on there faces....foreshadowing, like his dad....i gotcha!, and kinda an evil smile on Tommy's face.

Like....welcome to the party son, when i die you can be the new Dark Archer....take a look at my lair look on his face :-)

What about the orderly?....Arrow killed the doctor but i dont think Diggle took out the orderly!....he saw Oliver's face as well + The Count lives, to return again i'm sure.

How frickin' HOT is Celina Jade/Shado!!!....body on her, must Google and fap.....

:)

What about the orderly?....Arrow killed the doctor but i dont think Diggle took out the orderly!....he saw Oliver's face as well + The Count lives, to return again i'm sure.

He's dead, they said so later in the episode.

After a 3 week hiatus, Arrow returns tonight with a fresh episode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Nice to see Arrow back seemed like ages since the last ep

• Advertisement
Advertisement