Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,905 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Another great episode

Really has turned into a must see show for me. I would love an episode dedicated just to the island thou

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah it aired in Canada, so spoilers for the episode below
    Deathstroke coming in as a torturer having seen the mask at the beginning of the series can only lead to more confrontations.
    Glad they didn't drag out the arrest and trial, etc.
    People now know he wasn't alone on the island. Think the ones on the island and the group Ollie's mum is with are the same organisation?

Hehe, nice wee reference to Canary's fishnets, if a bit on the nose

And a comic spoiler about the torturer
    Ollie gonna cost him his eye?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Nice one, enjoying this show immensely. I'd agree with the comments that it's a little similar to Revenge and I hope they manage to step away from the "bad-guy of the week" format we've had to date, allowing for some more complex villains and storylines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

That was fantastic, really really enjoyed that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Brilliant episode!...loads going on and the fight/stunt scenes were superb. nice nod and wink to Batman....you us billionaire vigilantes, we do love our toys.

Some more backstory, Deathstroke was excellent + they didn't kill him off like Deadshot. Good character development for many characters as well, it flew along with a cracking pace.

They're doing a fine job thus far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Im loving this show. Havnt seen the latest episode yet, but i will this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

be interesting to see where the Tempest things goes and why mommy Arrow has the ship in the warehouse.
    I'm guessing it's to find the book?

=-=

Really enjoying the show, and the flashbacks are interesting.

Does anyone know what
    military
    his island friend is from, by seeing the
    photo
    which
    the man in the tent
    showed him?

Big difference between this and Smallville is this show isn't afraid of its comic roots. They're embracing the idea of costumed villains. They are doing monster/bad CEO of the week though. But this will change I'm sure. Kind of started already by introducing Torchwood as the big bad with the other bad guys being introduced on the island

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's to find the book?

But if you remember, the book was blank when Ollie got it

Brilliant ratings for Wednesday!....but also interesting. It scored a 1.3 adult demo and 3.75 million....that is a huge viewer number.

BUT...last night TVD scored a bigger 1.5 demo with much less viewers = 3.02 million, this means that a higher percentage of those that watched were over 50 years old!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Brilliant ratings for Wednesday!....but also interesting. It scored a 1.3 adult demo and 3.75 million....that is a huge viewer number.

BUT...last night TVD scored a bigger 1.5 demo with much less viewers = 3.02 million, this means that a higher percentage of those that watched were over 50 years old!
    or under 18;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 85,284 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

TVLine

Fringe actor Seth Gabel is joining Arrow
    as a “scary and nightmarish” super-villain modeled after the DC Comics character
    Vertigo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

really enjoying this.

the whole production feels "right" and theres enought intrigue to keep me coming back.

roll on next weeks.

Last nights ep. was very Meh! imo...worst of the season, the flashbacks were pointless and the Royal Flush Gang were pants imo, i dunno how Thea made the leap that somehow Tommy could have been talking about her....or how she lept to making a pass at him :confused:

Yeah she was drunk but i didnt get that side plot at all. Thankfully next week seems like a return to form + The Huntress :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,284 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Reminds me alot of Revenge which isnt a bad thing

Last nights ep. was very Meh! imo...worst of the season, the flashbacks were pointless and the Royal Flush Gang were pants imo, i dunno how Thea made the leap that somehow Tommy could have been talking about her....or how she lept to making a pass at him :confused:

Yeah she was drunk but i didnt get that side plot at all. Thankfully next week seems like a return to form + The Huntress :D

I'm no expert on girls, but my understanding is she's a teenager and, in tv shows at least, if they have a crush on someone they could take the slightest interest the wrong way. So guessing it really didn't help when he gave her a peck on the cheek
    On another note, Thea reminds me of Joanne Kelly(Myka from Warehouse 13)

The Royal Flush Gang weren't great and they were missing Ten. King is in a lot of shows and I always just refer to him as a poor man's Kevin Spacey.

CW have ordered an additional episode of Arrow taking it to 23 Episodes this season.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

So does that mean that they are going to cancel it, but ordered a proper finale. Or that they only had one season planned and now want a new episode to set up a second one. Or just that they had a hole to fill in their schedule

stevenmu wrote: »
    So does that mean that they are going to cancel it, but ordered a proper finale. Or that they only had one season planned and now want a new episode to set up a second one. Or just that they had a hole to fill in their schedule

It routinely happens with shows and is generally a sign of confidence that the show will return.

Watched an episode today and its only the second I've seen thus far. Was episode 6 and really it didn't impress. The island stuff was interesting but the crime of the week was dull, unoriginal and poorly done. Oliver was decent even if he looks and sounds just like Chris O'donnell but the rest of the characters really don't interest me. I don't care if Oliver's sister is in love with a man who loves another, I don't care if a free legal clinic is in trouble. What I care about is watching the Green Arrow kick ass and fir the writers to have a little fun with him.

• Advertisement

I wasn't too keen on this week's episode. Introduced Helena but then just was just strange with regard to how things were handled.
    For example
    the fight where Helena killed Helo. Not only did it look like she just punched him to break his neck, but also the way Ollie said her name accusingly and she had to defend her actions to him, even though he had just broken someone else's neck a second before.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah wasn't a great episode imo, probably the weakest so far.
    The reveal that the head honcho of the bad guys is Merlin's dad was done very poorly imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

Was the big bad guy in doctor who?

Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who and Torchwood

Gah!...have to catch up!...1x07 and 1x08 waiting........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Gah!...have to catch up!...1x07 and 1x08 waiting........

Same here! I think I even have Episode 6 to go aswell. Serious watching to be done tomorrow.

I keep sitting down to start this but always put on something else instead. From the two episodes I saw I didn't hate the show and saw that there was a lot of room to grow but it just seemed a little underwhelming and a lot of the action was very poorly done. I think perhaps that this may be a summer show, one burnt off easily over a month or two when there's little else on and as such I don't mind watching something I consider lesser television.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's a very good show, worth the effort. Some of the earlier episodes (particularly the pilot) were a bit rushed, but it has grown into a solid, addictive show that I look forward to watching.

Advertisement