Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie MW3 Clan Montage

Options
  • 31-01-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Alright ladies and gents, mostly out of boredom and as a follow up to an idea I mentioned in the this post, I thought it'd be cool to throw an aul' MW3 montage together.

To be honest, my MW3 footage is mostly generic gameplay sh!te so I was hoping, if ye had any clips readily available, that I could use them for this montage. Full credit will obviously be givien as your clip(s) is/are played.

So if you would like to participate, post a link or embed a video below, the more footage I get, the better the montage should be.

Side Note: If ye have any suggestions/ideas for the montage, I'll happily take them on board :)

Cheers,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Great idea, only you might hit a stumbling block in that a lot of users probably have theatre switched off. First step should be convincing them to put it back on :)

I'll throw mine on later and provided I get no major lag issues I'll leave it on

Here's the black ops one we did

• Registered Users Posts: 19,312 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Shammy started to do one of them, think he has one clip from me, but heard nothing more after that..

I have theatre on, but the "Elite" service it totally ****é, so there is that obstacle too...

Do you have a PVR?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

everlast75 wrote: »
    Shammy started to do one of them, think he has one clip from me, but heard nothing more after that..

I have theatre on, but the "Elite" service it totally ****é, so there is that obstacle too...

Do you have a PVR?

I could always plug mine back in if anyone gets stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

What kind of footage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I think Shammy got some of my clips that were in my vault, they're still there anyways. I've also kept the full game clip in case they were required without being cut/edited within COD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    What kind of footage?

Anything thats a cool clip, watch the vid above for a general idea.

I have theater turned on and the lag doesnt seem too bad, I think it would be cool but getting people interested is a different thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Jev/N wrote: »
    I think Shammy got some of my clips that were in my vault, they're still there anyways. I've also kept the full game clip in case they were required without being cut/edited within COD

I'll get in touch with Shammy so and see what he has and if he is still working on it, we might be able to collaborate on it.

Do you have a PVR?

Elite is terrible at the best of times but stick with it :pac: I don't have one no, would love to get one though.
    DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    What kind of footage?

Exactly as iMuse said, anything thats cool, has lots of kills etc. Or something random that happened in game.

I could always plug mine back in if anyone gets stuck.

If ya wouldn't mind :) good few games were had last few nights. Out of curiosity, dya know where I could get one on the cheap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I may be able to sell you one, Boardsie discount. Pm incoming

I might be interested Lee if Dave doesn't - cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I have Shay's clips and Jev's but no more.

theatre on does not make a difference , but that said sometimes it doesnt save half the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I have maybe one or two clips of mw3 stuff if you want em.

Blops on the other hand I could make a 15 montage at this stage :P

Cool Everlast, I'll see does he reply tonight/tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I'll don the MSR class for the night on Ground War to get some footage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I'll see what I have when im home at the weekend.

Dave, I seem to have that clip with me and Happii wiping out the entire opposition on Village, number 7 on my file share. Have a quad too on Bootleg also

Dave, I seem to have that clip with me and Happii wiping out the entire opposition on Village, number 7 on my file share. Have a quad too on Bootleg also

Found the quad on bootleg on your Elite vault, nice :D

Pardon ze ignorance, fileshare? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

How does one get a clip from the theatre to the online vault?

Tried and it's not letting me...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

How much you selling that pvr for lee?

AdamD wrote: »
    How much you selling that pvr for lee?

I'd like 120+delivery, has everything (except the CD, I downloaded the software) + component cables.

• Advertisement

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I'd like 120+delivery, has everything (except the CD, I downloaded the software) + component cables.

What's the brand Lee?

What's the brand Lee?

HD PVR, the one everyone has.

I'll PM you, ill stop derailing the thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Beware guys, the PVR is cursed :(

But it comes with a free frogurt! :eek:

frogurt01.jpg

The frogurt is also cursed........

x43r0 wrote: »

The frogurt is also cursed........

Mmmm cursed frogurt

Shammy wrote: »
    I have Shay's clips and Jev's but no more.

theatre on does not make a difference , but that said sometimes it doesnt save half the games.

Are you working on one at the moment bud? If you're not or ya don't have the time, I'll take those clips off ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I'm not good at editing so just take them , they'll be in everlasts and Jevn's fileshare.

I was just holding on to them until we had enough clips and an editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

All the clips in my fileshare are still there, as I said the full games where I got the clips are also there if the clip isn't edited correctly or need a plain one.

I've added an extra one today from Mission, final killcam triple

Cool lads, thanks. I'll get them tomorrow even as my laptop charger is kaputt! Luckily one of the lads in work has a spare universal one.

In ye're own opinions, do ye prefer a backing track to montages, if so, what kinda music/song?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah, music is probably the second most important thing !

Personally i like rock (But its slightly overdone) or something thats not too serious... or some chill out music can be great in some montages if the editing is done right.

Best to go with what you like or think works, tis what i do most of the time.. some people have horrible taste in music (Lee).

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    Yeah, music is probably the second most important thing !

Personally i like rock (But its slightly overdone) or something thats not too serious... or some chill out music can be great in some montages if the editing is done right.

Best to go with what you like or think works, tis what i do most of the time.. some people have horrible taste in music (Lee).

I love Rock myself, some songs though go really well, as you said, once the editing is done properly.

I have an idea in my head already of what I wanna do.

Intro will be Metallica's - Struggle within (drum intro only)
    That will lead into Drowning Pools - Bodies (small section of this song)
    Need a song to end on though....

Advertisement