Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pearlman

don't know if this is of any help but here is how i do it on samsung. settings,,,,wireless and network,,,,teathering,,,, mobile ap click on the mobile ap it should look for and find the wireless networks in your local area. hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Collie.

thanks Cookie/ Pearlman......I have unchecked the Authentication but still not working.

any idea what the Username and password should contain ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Collie. wrote: »
    thanks Cookie/ Pearlman......I have unchecked the Authentication but still not working.

any idea what the Username and password should contain ??

No username and password. Just enable apn and type:
    tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com

then save and restart the phone by doing a battery pull. The internet browser should work

• Registered Users Posts: 40 AngryGoldfish

I'm considering moving from my PAYG O2 package to the 24-month plan of €30 with Tesco and picking up a Samsung Galaxy S4 for €310. Albeit using the same signal as O2, will there be any changes in reception and consistency? Also, would anyone recommend avoiding a 24-month contract for someone who doesn't use the phone that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mariorainy

Hi
    How can i top up my number by vocher bought in tesco from different mobile number ??
    I dont want to use credit/debit card, i got voucher already bought,but cannot top up from my phone,has to be from other.

Thanks

Mario

• Advertisement

You can only top up your number from tesco with any tesco mobile voucher. A vodafone or O2 voucher will not top up your tesco mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mariorainy

Maybe i didnt write it correctly, i have tesco mobile voucher, but i want to top up my tesco mobile number but cannot call to 1747 from my number . Is it any other way to top up with voucher ? ( online, or from other mobile number?)

Thanks

Is it not possible to top up from another mobile but inputting your number at the prompt (sorry I'm not with tesco but I know that's possible with other networks) or can you not log in online to top up with a voucher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

mariorainy wrote: »
    Maybe i didnt write it correctly, i have tesco mobile voucher, but i want to top up my tesco mobile number but cannot call to 1747 from my number . Is it any other way to top up with voucher ? ( online, or from other mobile number?)

Thanks

Hi there

Please see here for the answers you require

http://www.tescomobile.ie/helpandsupport/top-up-faq.aspx

We also have a Talk To forum on Boards.ie manned by our Customer Care reps in office hours.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1542

regards
    Paul

I dont think the FAQ's will help in this stuation

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I dont think the FAQ's will help in this stuation

I gather from his post that he is calling from his own number and wishing to top up his own number but calling the incorrect 17xx number for the Tesco Mobile topup IVR which is 1740 (not 1747 as he has in his post). That's the reason he is asking to use another mobile number to call the IVR as he thinks there is something wrong with his own phone.

Apologies if i have misunderstood.

regards
    Paul

you're probably right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 222 ✭✭harryr711

How much does it cost to make and receive calls while roaming? Is it the same whether you're on bill pay or pay as you go?

For the €15 pay as you go deal, can you just get the sim card or do you have to pay for a phone too? And on that deal, if you opt for 1GB data per month, does the €6.99 come off the €15 top up?

harryr711 wrote: »
    How much does it cost to make and receive calls while roaming? Is it the same whether you're on bill pay or pay as you go?

For the €15 pay as you go deal, can you just get the sim card or do you have to pay for a phone too? And on that deal, if you opt for 1GB data per month, does the €6.99 come off the €15 top up?

Hi Harryr711

Yes Roaming charges are same for PAYG or Pay Monthly see here

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/roamingrates.aspx

You can just get a SIM card for the €15 Unlimited Voice or Text deal (get your phone unlocked with your current network first)

See here

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/conductyourplan.aspx

Yes you keep your €15 topup and the €6.99 will come from that topup balance each month

thanks
    Paul

Thanks. And on the €15/month deal, if you don't top up one month and run down the credit, does the deal come back into action again once topped up by €15 again?

Thanks. And on the €15/month deal, if you don't top up one month and run down the credit, does the deal come back into action again once topped up by €15 again?

Yes, once you are on the plan, topping up by €15 gives you the benefit for the next 30 days irrespective of when you last topped up.

Yes, once you are on the plan, topping up by €15 gives you the benefit for the next 30 days irrespective of when you last topped up.

That's great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

was on to yous on sat. and you were ment to put 10e on my phone which i never got

lynp27 wrote: »
    was on to yous on sat. and you were ment to put 10e on my phone which i never got

Hi there

Please send you details to our Customer Care representatives at the link for private messaging below with the background to your conversation on Saturday and they will follow up this afternoon.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=newpm&u=554494

thanks
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

thanks pm sent

• Advertisement

Another simple question: When ordering a free sim online it requires your existing mobile number. If I want a new 089 number can I just put in all zeros for it and use the new 089 number that comes with the sim card?

Another simple question: When ordering a free sim online it requires your existing mobile number. If I want a new 089 number can I just put in all zeros for it and use the new 089 number that comes with the sim card?

Hi there

This is just a contact number for the shipment.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Getting dropped phone connection over last week. City centre Dublin all the way to Ashbourne.
    Can browse on 3G and text but ring any number and I get disconnected.
    Wife's phone the same.
    Can take calls ok. Full coverage.
    Both on iPhones. Rebooted. No joy.

Was able to make calls this morning but not now. This is at least third time in the last week. Any reason for this?

Getting dropped phone connection over last week. City centre Dublin all the way to Ashbourne.
    Can browse on 3G and text but ring any number and I get disconnected.
    Wife's phone the same.
    Can take calls ok. Full coverage.
    Both on iPhones. Rebooted. No joy.

Was able to make calls this morning but not now. This is at least third time in the last week. Any reason for this?

Ill answer this myself. Contacted tech support and known issue an they're working on it. Be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 itshimself

Hi SMI

As unbelievable a reason as it may seem its absolutely true. There was some roof work being performed at the data centre and the roof was pierced and water flooded in over our cage in the data centre. There are engineers from our managed service partners out there presently doing 2 things - 1 trying to restore service ASAP for customers and 2 trying to assess the damage and medium term work needed.

Obviously we are not happy that this could happen at all but post mortems and lessons are for later. For now we are focussed on minimising impact to our customers and getting service in place.

regards
    Paul
    Will this be fixed by the morning do you think, and is this an O2 fault or a Tesco Mobile only fault.

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I seem to remember that the last big Tesco mobile outage was also caused by a leaky roof - maybe it's time to get it sorted once and for all?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭andy73

Yes seems that I have no service, I had some issues yesterday and several days ago and now is completely down.
    Indeed Tesco has a good pricing but I do not think that this is an acceptable service level.

itshimself wrote: »
    Will this be fixed by the morning do you think, and is this an O2 fault or a Tesco Mobile only fault.

Ta

And also what happened the other problems over the last week?
    Definitely last Friday the same issue existed.

Hi All

Please refer to our Talk To Forum here for updates in relation to yesterday's network outage.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1542

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Ive been a customer of Tesco mobile for some time, I took a brief break and returned.

Id like to know about my Tesco bonus credit,

Previously,
    I would top up, get that amount top up credit and then get my bonus credit.
    At the end of 30days free calls to Tesco would end and I would start eating through my bonus credit, (no problems there) and then any remaining top up credit would be used.

I wouldnt use much credit normally, and as the numbers I would call are mostly on tesco mobile, thanks to me encouraging them to join.

Now, at the end of 30 days, my bonus credit or any remaining just disappears, I never received any notification of this happening, I just began to notice it, it seems a bit of a disadvantage for being a loyal customer.

Advertisement