Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Islamic hate crimes up 50%. Who fuels the hate?

Options
  • 20-11-2011 1:22am
    Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭

In short its the Likudnik Zionists-Neocons-Evangelicals-white supremacists-militant atheists who essentially sing from the same hymn sheet regarding Islam and it's adherents.
    Anti-Muslim hate crimes soared by an astounding 50% last year, skyrocketing over 2009 levels in a year marked by the vicious rhetoric of Islam-bashing politicians and activists, especially over the so-called "Ground Zero Mosque" in New York City.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-potok/fbi-reports-dramatic-spik_b_1092996.html

Why are innocent Muslims being attacked? Well Jonathon Githens-Mayer and Dr Robert Lambert, a former London Police officer co-authored a report directly linking anti-Muslim hate crimes, up to murder to media fabrications and distortions and anti-Muslim rhetoric by politicians and so-called "experts".

They concentrated their study on the London region. Here are some examples of the shameful Islamaphobia at the heart of Britains press

Working further back again it needs to be asked why are politicians/the media encouraging hate crimes against Muslims? In a word - money.
    This network of hate is not a new presence in the United States. Indeed, its ability to organize, coordinate, and disseminate its ideology through grassroots organizations increased dramatically over the past 10 years. Furthermore, its ability to influence politicians’ talking points and wedge issues for the upcoming 2012 elections has mainstreamed what was once considered fringe, extremist rhetoric.
    And it all starts with the money flowing from a select group of foundations. A small group of foundations and wealthy donors are the lifeblood of the Islamophobia network in America, providing critical funding to a clutch of right-wing think tanks that peddle hate and fear of Muslims and Islam—in the form of books, reports, websites, blogs, and carefully crafted talking points that anti-Islam grassroots organizations and some right-wing religious groups use as propaganda for their constituency.
    Some of these foundations and wealthy donors also provide direct funding to anti-Islam grassroots groups. According to our extensive analysis, here are the top seven contributors to promoting Islamophobia in our country:
    • Donors Capital Fund
    • Richard Mellon Scaife foundations
    • Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation
    • Newton D. & Rochelle F. Becker foundations and charitable trust
    • Russell Berrie Foundation
    • Anchorage Charitable Fund and William Rosenwald Family Fund
    • Fairbrook Foundation
    http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2011/08/islamophobia.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This ultimately leads to the question that I'd like to pose. why have the Zionists and friends created a multi-million dollar industry called Islamophobia that leads to innocent people getting murdered?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Further backround material for anyone that may be interested.

The Dirty Dozen
    Who's who among America's leading Islamophobes
    FAIR,

Aubrey Chernick and the nexus of Islamophobia
    mondoweiss.net

Why is the Donors Capital Fund funding Islamophobia? Daily Kos

The Connection Between Zionism & Organized Islamophobia
    The Facts Loonwatch

Fear, Inc. The Roots of the Islamophobia Network in America Center For American Progress

Center for Security Policy right web

Moskowitz, Irving
    Right Web

The Moskowitz Gallery of Militant Extremists StopMoskowitz

Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation Right Wing Watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Nothing surprising there, Its scandalous that this can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This ultimately leads to the question that I'd like to pose. why have the Zionists and friends created a multi-million dollar industry called Islamophobia that leads to innocent people getting murdered?

They will stop at nothing for the sake of Israel. Its like a conquer and divide policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭chooochooo

It might just possibly be because Islam is a failed religion and a scourge on this planet.
    There is not one Islamic country in the world that is not a fiasco and a shambles.
    Even the super rich oil states are a social hell of exploitation and tyranny.
    Saudi Arabia for example qualifies as possibly the most depraved unjust and demented regime ever to set up on earth.
    It's a country where women are executed for being raped and young girls sold by their fathers to cement business deals. All in the name of Islamic morality while the same moral police keep foreign child sex slaves - according to their logic acceptable as the children are not muslims.
    Other than oil rich oligarchies every single Islamic country is a poverty and corrupt nonsense of a society and many of them permanently teeter on the brink of disintegration.
    Both the joke country Pakistan and it mouth foaming Ayatollah controlled neighbour Iran seriously threaten to turn the planet into a nuclear holocaust.
    The sooner this bigoted dogma of an ideology is consigned to the dustbin of history the better for the welfare and progress of humanity.
    Amen.

chooochooo wrote: »
    It might just possibly be because Islam is a failed religion and a scourge on this planet.
    There is not one Islamic country in the world that is not a fiasco and a shambles.
    Even the super rich oil states are a social hell of exploitation and tyranny.
    Saudi Arabia for example qualifies as possibly the most depraved unjust and demented regime ever to set up on earth.
    It's a country where women are executed for being raped and young girls sold by their fathers to cement business deals. All in the name of Islamic morality while the same moral police keep foreign child sex slaves - according to their logic acceptable as the children are not muslims.
    Other than oil rich oligarchies every single Islamic country is a poverty and corrupt nonsense of a society and many of them permanently teeter on the brink of disintegration.
    Both the joke country Pakistan and it mouth foaming Ayatollah controlled neighbour Iran seriously threaten to turn the planet into a nuclear holocaust.
    The sooner this bigoted dogma of an ideology is consigned to the dustbin of history the better for the welfare and progress of humanity.
    Amen.

What you are doing is exactly what the hate peddlers are doing. Hysterics, exaggerations, half-truths, ignorance or lies and only focusing on the most ultra conservative aspects of Islam and presenting it as the whole. You also present these social problems as if they are exclusive to Islam, lying by omission. Child brides exist everywhere there is extreme poverty. Women getting executed for being raped is false. And Saudi Arabia is the most depraved and demented regime in history? Really? Worse than say the Mongols or the Aztecs who believed that all life came from the gods when they spilled their blood and their society revolves around spilling human blood in human sacrifice? More the depraved than that? Iran is threatening a nuclear holocaust when they don't even have nuclear weapons? The same NPT signatories Iran who are being threatened daily by an illegally nuclear weaponised non-Muslim state, non NPT signatories Israel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

I don't understand how they're making money from Islamophobia? I don't think terror attacks, suicide bombings and direct threats to the west by extremists helps Islams image either. Also, the majority of religious hate crimes in the US are against Jews

I don't understand how they're making money from Islamophobia?
    Well it's simple. Rich donors with an anti-Islam agenda give money foundations to push their agenda.
    I don't think terror attacks, suicide bombings and direct threats to the west by extremists helps Islams image either.
    Perhaps if you could seperate "Extemists" and "Islam" and it might help.
    Also, the majority of religious hate crimes in the US are against Jews
    Nope. Anti-black hate crimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Maybe we need more educated and moderate Muslims coming out and Condeming the stone age propaganda being peddled by Islamic Fundamentalists. That goes for other fundamentalist including Christians in the USA who are equally as fanatic. Just watch Fox News.

In saying that western society should know better. Innocent and peaceful Muslims should be left in piece.

Well it's simple. Rich donors with an anti-Islam agenda give money foundations to push their agenda.

Perhaps if you could seperate "Extemists" and "Islam" and it might help.

Nope. Anti-black hate crimes.

Black isn't a religion. Are these same people funding every hate crime in America?

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Maybe we need more educated and moderate Muslims coming out and Condeming the stone age propaganda being peddled by Islamic Fundamentalists. That goes for other fundamentalist including Christians in the USA who are equally as fanatic. Just watch Fox News.

In saying that western society should know better. Innocent and peaceful Muslims should be left in piece.

Islamic extremism is condemned time and time again by moderates. It just doesn't make any headlines.

• Advertisement

Black isn't a religion.
    My mistake read your post wrong.
    Are these same people funding every hate crime in America?
    A stupid question, not worth answering to be fair.

Islamic extremism is condemned time and time again by moderates. It just doesn't make any headlines.

Well they need to do a better job then. They need to be on the tv 24/7 explaining why the interpretations being adopted in these countries do not represent the true teachings of Islam. If you have the extremists having free reign with no rebuttal from the moderates what are westerners to believe. Some will believe because the moderates do not object that they must agree. Ignorance is dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Well they need to do a better job then. They need to be on the tv 24/7 explaining why the interpretations being adopted in these countries do not represent the true teachings of Islam. If you have the extremists having free reign with no rebuttal from the moderates what are westerners to believe. Some will believe because the moderates do not object that they must agree. Ignorance is dangerous.

It is difficult .... When going to Ireland for the first time in 97 ..friends asked me if i wasn't afraid of getting blown up

And Indonesia is the biggest muslim country in the world ...Not really in the news i think regarding extremism ( Bali could have happened everywhere)

Yes it does. There's a larger minority within Islam that approves of terrorism and violence though.
    My mistake read your post wrong.

A stupid question, not worth answering to be fair.

Why? As you said, anti-black crimes are the largest group of hate crimes in America. Anti-Jewish hate crimes are the largest religious hate crimes. Are people making big money off these too? And who are they?

But the moderates very much do disagree. Repeatedly.
    http://kurzman.unc.edu/islamic-statements-against-terrorism/
    www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1670291,00.html
    www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1670291,00.html
    http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/muslim_voices_against_extremism_and_terrorism_a_few_quotes/0012273

We are not seeing enough of them on mainstream western channels. I haven't seen one moderate on CNN, Sky, BBC, RTE Condeming extremist actions. Maybe it's the medias fault? But i cannot imagine these news organisations did not for example try and get moderates to condemn those who sought the Danish cartoonists death. I don't recall seeing any.

Yes it does. There's a larger minority within Islam that approves of terrorism and violence though.
    Source?
    As you said, anti-black crimes are the largest group of hate crimes in America. Anti-Jewish hate crimes are the largest religious hate crimes. Are people making big money off these too? And who are they?
    Are you asking me is there money to be made through anti-semitism and anti-black racism? Yes, I would suppose that there is. Who are they? I would suspect they a Neo-Nazi type leaders and authors. It's irrelevant though.

What is your point anyway? Are you trying todefend people who fund anti-Islam groups who pump out anti-Islamic propoganda which has shown to be a motivation for hate crimes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

I suppose media and lobby induced Islamphobia helps to manufacture consent for the perpetual "war on terror".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,490 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Its amazing how any hint of supposed "anti semitism" on this froum ilicits a massive cry of outrage from certian people, but when it's the Muslims being harrassed it's A ok, chooochooo's post was hugely offensive but its not a problem because he's slating the muslims.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Posts like that are not tolerated on the forum, regardless of which religion they're aimed at. Chooochooo banned for a week.

People, please report posts like chooochooo's in the future instead of responding to them, we can't always check every post ourselves, and need posts reported so we can act on them as soon as we can. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

ed2hands wrote: »
    I suppose media and lobby induced Islamphobia helps to manufacture consent for the perpetual "war on terror".

Mr Chomsky is that you? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Women getting executed for being raped is false.

Keep telling yourself that...

http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?id=191202&cid=2

Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was accused of adultery, but sources told Amnesty International that she had in fact been raped by three men, and had attempted to report this rape to the al-Shabab militia who control Kismayo. It was this act that resulted in her being accused of adultery and detained.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/news/child-of+-13-stoned-to-death-in-somalia-20081031
    Sixteen-year-old Lal Jamilla Mandokhel was repeatedly raped in March 1999. Her uncle filed a complaint about the incident with the police, and police officers detained her attacker. Lal Jamilla was handed over to her tribe. She was shot dead on orders of her tribe's council of elders, who decided it was the only way to overcome the shame she had brought them.

There's plenty more...

Killings like this are not part of Islam, they are part of the local culture and their interpretation of it. The problem still exists, that with these people in charge, they believe that they are representative of Islam and their country.

What's more ordinary citizens seem unable to do anything about it, particularly without them being accused of "working for the CIA", supporting the "imperialist agenda" or being Islam-phobic by the anti-US idiot left.

studiorat wrote: »

Please try to pay attention. We were discussing Saudi Arabia. This is the actions of a Islamic terrorist organisation and no more representative of Islam than the KKK, David Koresh or Jim Jones are of the "West".
    studiorat wrote: »
    This is tribal justice, not Sharia law.

Source?
    Where else do you see people rioting, bombing, murdering and burning down embassies over a few cartoons?
    Are you asking me is there money to be made through anti-semitism and anti-black racism? Yes, I would suppose that there is. Who are they? I would suspect they a Neo-Nazi type leaders and authors. It's irrelevant though.

What is your point anyway? Are you trying todefend people who fund anti-Islam groups who pump out anti-Islamic propoganda which has shown to be a motivation for hate crimes?

No. I'm trying to see if there's any merit to your claims, and I don't think the media as a whole are actively trying to encourage Islamophobia for money or Israel. Islamophobia isn't the biggest hate crime, isn't the biggest religious hate crime, and is down significantly since 2001-02. Obviously its not good to see hate crimes rising, and there are some completely irresponsible people in the media and politics, I don't see that as meaning they're guiding the media as a whole to incite Islamophobia.

Where else do you see people rioting, bombing, murdering and burning down embassies over a few cartoons?
    Not a source is it? But OK, we can try and with run with that. Please give an educated guess on how many total rioters/bombers/murderers there was and then tell me what this number is as a percentage of 1.25 Billion.

And then please explain why this minscule fraction of a fraction of less than 1% is in your own words "a large minority".
    a few cartoons
    Why do you belittle something that is so sacred to Muslims? Instead why don't you try to understand why they find it so deeply offensive?

Would you call them a "few cartoons" if they were anti-semitic holocaust cartoons?

The Jylland Posten refused to publish "a few" anti-semitic cartoons.
    (Danish)

Don't you find that hypocritical?

It is convenient that you have brought up that cartoons as the editor who was behind the publishing of the cartoons Flemming Rose,
    So, let’s look at the guy who started this whole cartoon escapade. He’s Flemming Rose, the cultural editor of the Danish newspaper. In all of the Lexis-Nexis database of stories from the American media on the Mohammed cartoons, there is absolutely no mention of the fact that Rose is a close confederate of arch-Islamophobe Daniel Pipes. Indeed, there is almost no context at all about Rose’s newspaper. On a brief mention in the Washington Post gave a hint at a fact desperately needed to understand the situation. The Post described the affair as “a calculated insult … by a right-wing newspaper in a country where bigotry toward the minority Muslim population is a major, if frequently unacknowledged, problem.”

How bad is Pipes? He wants the utter military obliteration of the Palestinians; indeed, from the Muslim world, his racism is about as blatant as that of the Holocaust denying Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Pipes’ frequent outbursts of racism — designed to toss gasoline on the neo-cons’ lust for a wholesale conflict of cultures — earned him a Bush nomination to the U.S. Institute of Peace, a congressionally funded think tank. Rose came to America to commune with Pipes in 2004, and it was after that meeting the cartoon gambit materialized.
    COUNTERPUNCH

If you had read the links in the OP Daniel Pipes' name should be familiar to you. He is one of the heavily funded anti-Islamic hate peddlers.

Daniel Pipes was cited 18 times by Anders Breivik in his manifesto. He was evidently an inspiration for the mass-murderer. Here in an internet post he shares a video of Daniel Pipes and adds:.
    Daniel Pipes: Leftism and Islam. Muslims, the warriors Marxists Have Been praying for. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO6RgVo8Hd8&feature=player_embedded
    The following summarizes the agenda of many kulturmarxister with Islam and it explains also why the death and life to protect them. It explains thus why we, the cultural conservatives are against Islamization and the implementation of these agendas.

[QUOTE=Jeboa Safari;7
    5602461]No. I'm trying to see if there's any merit to your claims, and I don't think the media as a whole are actively trying to encourage Islamophobia for money or Israel.[/QUOTE]
    Then please read the links in the OP. There can be little doubt, they are not "CT sites" they are academic studies.

Or if you want to take the lazy way out I suggest you read the resignation letter of Daily Star jounalist Richard Peppiat who quit because he was continually coerced into writing false Islamophobic stories.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/mar/04/daily-star-reporter-letter-full

Not a source is it? But OK, we can try and with run with that. Please give an educated guess on how many total rioters/bombers/murderers there was and then tell me what this number is as a percentage of 1.25 Billion.

And then please explain why this minscule fraction of a fraction of less than 1% is in your own words "a large minority".
    I said a larger minority, not large. And from what I can see, there seems to be alot more threat from caricaturing Islam than any other religion. They're certainly more vocal, and I don't think you'd get that kind of reaction anywhere else in the world.
    Why do you belittle something that is so sacred to Muslims? Instead why don't you try to understand why they find it so deeply offensive?
    I don't think religion should be above satire.

Would you call them a "few cartoons" if they were anti-semitic holocaust cartoons?
    Probably yes.
    Yes.

It is convenient that you have brought up that cartoons as the editor who was behind the publishing of the cartoons Flemming Rose,

If you had read the links in the OP Daniel Pipes' name should be familiar to you. He is one of the heavily funded anti-Islamic hate peddlers.

Daniel Pipes was cited 18 times by Anders Breivik in his manifesto. He was evidently an inspiration for the mass-murderer. Here in an internet post he shares a video of Daniel Pipes and adds:.

Then please read the links in the OP. There can be little doubt, they are not "CT sites" they are academic studies.

Or if you want to take the lazy way out I suggest you read the resignation letter of Daily Star jounalist Richard Peppiat who quit because he was continually coerced into writing false Islamophobic stories.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/mar/04/daily-star-reporter-letter-full

The star journalists letter is interesting. And it is fair to say that some of the British rags are anti-Islam, as well as anti foreign in general. But if you look at other British media, like the BBC or the guardian, you don't see them pushing Islamophobia. The British rags have always been sensationalist rubbish, look at the News of the World and the disgraceful behavior they engaged in, I think the Daily Mail was supportive of the fascists, and their behavior publishing fake quotes and scenes regarding the Amanda Knox case shows what they're all about. Even the media here sicken me, don't know if you saw RTEs presidential programme, but the all came across as dicks. Fergal Keanes comment about the media being the winner of the presedential election sickened me, or there was a thread on AH about the Herald asking a dead girls family for comment just after she died.
    A lot of it is more what they think will sell, whether its true or not, than being forced to incite Islamophobia, I think, which is not to say there aren't racists in the media either.

Anyway, my ranting aside, if we're looking at who benefits, who do you think is benefiting at the top? The people you say are paying to have anti-Islam stuff pushed, how do they benefit, or whats their agenda?

I said a larger minority, not large.
    Larger than what then? Everything? Do you think that Islam is uniquely violent?

And you do then agree that is not a "large minority" but a minsicule, fraction of one percent minority and therefore it is totally unjust to base any kind of general opinion on this tiny minority?
    And from what I can see, there seems to be alot more threat from caricaturing Islam than any other religion.
    Well let's get it straight, the issue is not caricaturing Islam but depicting the image of Muhammed when idoloatry is their greatest sin.

I don't think religion should be above satire.
    Agreed. However, I don't see the wit in a cartoon of Muhammed with a bomb in his Turban.

The star journalists letter is interesting. And it is fair to say that some of the British rags are anti-Islam, as well as anti foreign in general. But if you look at other British media, like the BBC or the guardian, you don't see them pushing Islamophobia.
    Ostensibly no, but on the other hand look at the incredible amount of coverage they give to Anjem Choudary, a man who's views are not representative of British Muslims at all. Or they consider "news" 5 blokes with a website across the Atlantic speaking out against the creators of South Park vs the actual positive news story of the total transformation of the infamous Finsbury Park Mosque.
    Anyway, my ranting aside, if we're looking at who benefits, who do you think is benefiting at the top? The people you say are paying to have anti-Islam stuff pushed, how do they benefit, or whats their agenda?
    I must make this clear. It's not me saying that they are paying to have their anti-Islam agenda pushed it has been established.

As for who benefits from Muslims being demonised in the Western world, I would be with Ed on this. I see the war on terror as a war on Muslims. It creates a situation of "us" and "them", a clash of civilisations. Also it benefits Israel's colonialist expansion and wars of aggression as it paints the false image that israel is surrounded by bloodthirsty savages and poor Israel must recieve the billions in military aid to prevent another holocaust. I don't think it can be a coincidence that the same people financing the pro Islamophobes are also financing illegal Israeli settlements on stolen Palestinian land.

Larger than what then? Everything? Do you think that Islam is uniquely violent?

Larger, more vocal, and more dangerous than within other religons
    Agreed. However, I don't see the wit in a cartoon of Muhammed with a bomb in his Turban.
    Humour is a matter of taste, not saying I personally find it funny, but surely you must think the the reactions to the cartoons was a massive overreaction?

Humour is a matter of taste, not saying I personally find it funny, but surely you must think the the reactions to the cartoons was a massive overreaction?
    It depends what reaction you mean? The vast majority reaction of Muslims, nothing, so not relevant. Of the minority that peacefully protested, did they overreact? No. Of the minority within the minority that carried out violence? Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

I read an article in the Irish Independant today by Ian O'Doherty. Was disgusted to be honest. Shockingly prejudiced and Islamophobic. Can't believe this sewer rat has his own column every week. The mind just boggles.

If it was the same piece about Jews, it would have never been printed.
    If an English paper printed it about the Irish, same thing.
    Just goes to show the incredible double standards.

To quote this so-called journalist:

"I believe that Islam is the greatest threat to Western Europe since the end of the Cold War."

Edit:http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/ian-odoherty/ian-odoherty-so-have-i-changed-my-mind-after-spending-a-week-with-muslims-2945754.html

Advertisement