Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Cup - General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

The auld dressing room cam has been embraced by a good few sports at this stage (apart from soccer I think, which is odd). I wonder how the players and coaches feel about it.

It ain't popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Biarritz Olympique : 15 Dane Haylett-Petty, 14 Taku Ngwenya, 13 Benoît Baby, 12 Damien Traille, 11 Iain Balshaw, 10 Marcelo Bosch, 9 Luix Roussarie, 8 Raphael Lakafia, 7 Imanol Harinordoquy, 6 Benoit Guyot, 5 Erik Lund, 4 Jérôme Thion, 3 Sylvain Marconnet, 2 Benoit August, 1 Fabien Barcella.
    Replacements: 16 Arnaud Heguy, 17 Yvan Watremez, 18 Francisco Gomez Kodela, 19 Pelu Taele, 20 Florian Faure, 21 Yann Lesgourgues, 22 Julien Peyrelongue, 23 Ilikena Bolakoro.

Saracens: 15 Chris Wyles, 14 David Strettle, 13 Owen Farrell, 12 Brad Barritt, 11 James Short, 10 Charlie Hodgson, 9 Ben Spencer, 8 Ernst Joubert, 7 Jacques Burger, 6 Kelly Brown, 5 Hayden Smith, 4 Steve Borthwick, 3 Matt Stevens, 2 John Smit, 1 Rhys Gill.
    Replacements: 16 Jamie George, 17 Deon Carstens, 18 Carlos Nieto, 19 Mouritz Botha, 20 Andy Saull, 21 Luke Baldwin, 22 Adam Powell, 23 Alex Goode.

Date: Saturday, November 19
    Venue: Parc des Sports Aguilera, Biarritz
    Kick-off: 14.30 (13.30 GMT)
    Referee: Nigel Owens

Right first things first. Saracens travel to Biarritz. With Owens in charge Biarritz should have a bit more of a home advantage. The team they have out is excellent as well. I reckon a 7 point win for Biarritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Treviso have to learn how to defend.

Ospreys-Treviso is great, evenly matched, Burton is class. Biarritz-Saracens is 0-0, anyone watching it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

matthew8 wrote: »
    Ospreys-Treviso is great, evenly matched, Burton is class. Biarritz-Saracens is 0-0, anyone watching it?

I'm only able to watch the Biarritz Saracens match. Biarritz are as dull as ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

matthew8 wrote: »
    Yes. Its turgid stuff.

Biarritz should be 20 points ahead. Saracens are rubbish, but Biarritz keep knocking the ball on to keep them in it.

Sky of course are billing it as a brilliant performance from Saracens, but despite a good defensive performance, hey are clueless with the ball, panicing with every turnover and booting it straight back to Biarritz. Biarritz have missed 2 kickable penalties and been on the Saracens line 3 times with no success.

Knock ons, Holdng on, and a 5m Scrum bouncing off the 2nd Row's knee over to the saracens side have kept them in the game.

Biarritz to win by 10 if they start making the ball stick. If not, anything could happen.

Could be 3-0 Saracens.

If Bosch could kick, Biarritz would be dangerous. Their pack is so organised in possession.

Saracens have defended brilliantly though in fairness to them. Borthwick is playing a blinder.

Saracens just won a tighthead?! That's rare these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Treviso leading Ospreys 21-13

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

50 mins gone Trevisio 21 - 13 Ospreys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Farold

Sky commentators mentioned that Owens is giving the opposite decisions for the same things that happened last week. He hasnt been great lately in my opinion. Certainly not as good as he used to be

Trevisio 26 - 20 Ospreys, got themselves a BP!

Brilliant from Biarritz. From deep in their 22, 2 phase try ending in a cross field kick to Hari.

5-3. Very close game. Saracens just need another penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Class try from Biarritz.

And straight away they give Farrell a chance to give Saracens the lead. As the game goes on and penalties are given away more by tiring packs, Saracens will have a bit more of an advantage.

Farrell hits the post. Tough kick in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That wasn't a spear tackle. No yellow should have been shown.

Aidric wrote: »

Agreed, awful call by the ref.

Aidric wrote: »

It was a tip tackle, the referee was following the rules. I'm definitely supporting Treviso, but I felt that was a fair call.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Super try.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

TRY OF THE TOURNAMENT!!

• Advertisement

Brilliant again from Biarritz.

Ngwneya is just so fast. They are so dangerous from deep.

With that pack and that deep scoring threat they are a tough team to beat. If they had a fly half they would be one of the best teams in the competition.

Biarritz try was fantastic, but Treviso had 2 brilliant tries too, both starting near the halfway line.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

I really, really do not like Biarritz.

Either shameful playacting or that poor lad is choking to death. :/

wixfjord wrote: »
    I really, really do not like Biarritz.

I "like" them in the same way I "liked" Alan Quinlan. And the same way I hope I'll "like" Peter O'Mahoney for the next 10 years

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

I "like" them in the same way I "liked" Alan Quinlan. And the same way I hope I'll "like" Peter O'Mahoney for the next 10 years

What as in they're annoying as **** and a little bit dirty?!

Bad refereeing call there in Treviso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Farold

I do think that Biarritz have one of the most underrated players in world rugby in Erik Lund though. I wanted Leinster to snap him up after Hines left.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Treviso 26 - 26 Oepreys

Nearly over...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ospreys snatch a last gap draw. 26-26.

Advertisement