Random CoD Pics and Video Thread - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
17-10-2011, 19:54   #31
Mr. Rager
Registered User
 
Mr. Rager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Pale
Posts: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeg17 View Post
That's really really well done. It's not to much sniping I don't like as the 360'ing FaZe Clan/the like and all the people copying them, or at least trying to.
I'm guessing you had to run to get the tissues after the last clip yes?
Mr. Rager is offline  
Advertisement
17-10-2011, 20:07   #32
Leeg17
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjsanchez View Post
I'm guessing you had to run to get the tissues after the last clip yes?
My kleenex man size box is empty.
Leeg17 is offline  
17-10-2011, 23:32   #33
Nuri Sahin
Banned
 
Nuri Sahin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Graveyard.
Posts: 26,291
Send a message via Skype™ to Nuri Sahin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Rapist View Post
Fairly certain I thank all of the COD4 ones you put up!

You're not posting enough IMO

The frag movies are unreal. Amazing editing combined with sick, competitive, action scenes.

More please!
Ah yeah man, I know you regularly thanks the frag movie vids. Just a tad worrying others don't see what you and me see if thanks is the rating system here

Wished I could post more If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll look through my favourites and post/re-post them here again.
Nuri Sahin is offline  
Thanks from:
18-10-2011, 13:42   #34
Magill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,679
IMO, CoD frag movies are boring, the game is just too slow in competitive play to make it exciting. The only CoD frag movie i really liked was mazarini's, mostly because the editing was insane.

Also frag movies in general are pretty easy to get clips for if your even slightly decent at the game and have a equally decent team of players. Just using a lan tournament for example... if you went to Iseries and were a seeded team you'd be placed in a group full of complete noob teams (At least compared to yourself). So you'll have 5 or 6 games to stomp the crap out of the weaker teams... in cs during the group stages, i would have gotten at least one or two aces per game, probably most being spray down 5 mans (5v5). Organised noobs basically... so they'll rush your bomb sites but without decent flashes and ****e aim.. and thus you get more opportunites for good clips than you would if it was public play were its everyone for themselves.

So yeah... its all fine saying thats all you rate.. but really... if you knew anything about competitive PC play or the CoD scene on PC you mightn't rate every frag movie as highly(Mazarini's in fairness is against top class players tho.. but it took him like a year and a half to record and edit that !).



Maybe thats just me and coming from playing competitive FPS on PC for a LONG time... but yeah.... i think its just a big ignorant if you've never actually done the same and yet rate it like you have.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fjsanchez View Post
On a more serious note, I watched the video again, and I did notice a few missed sync points, which is fairly bad form from Agony since he's probably the 2nd most famous editor on Youtube.

TBH maybe I only I liked the video for the song but still people have to be more open. The edit was clean and simple, I prefer this to people who take away from the clips with constant cinematics and crazy bright CCs. People always have preconceived thoughts when it comes to videos like these. I mightn't like trickshotting but that doesn't mean before I watch the video I'm gonna think, "Oh this will be so crap and I'm gonna hate it no matter what."

Note I wasn't talking to anyone in particular about the above, it's just a general consensus. Tallon and Magill, I share the exact same opinion to ye when it comes to sniping anyways and ye both made good points, a lot of which I agree with.

Anyways, I'm not the type to take anything like this to heart nor the type who makes immature and childish comments to start bickering with people over something unimportant.

And at the end of the day, everybody knows Tallon and Magill are really both big, fat gay smelly pooheads.

HAHHA, cheeky bugger !

In fairness i think it would have been so much better if he didn't have the background talking/screaming and turned down the volume of the bullets. Its still better than what i can do anyway (Editing wise)

Last edited by Magill; 18-10-2011 at 13:56.
Magill is offline  
18-10-2011, 20:45   #35
Mr. Rager
Registered User
 
Mr. Rager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Pale
Posts: 1,922
Straight up yo'
Mr. Rager is offline  
Advertisement
20-10-2011, 11:09   #36
Nuri Sahin
Banned
 
Nuri Sahin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Graveyard.
Posts: 26,291
Send a message via Skype™ to Nuri Sahin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magill View Post
IMO, CoD frag movies are boring, the game is just too slow in competitive play to make it exciting. The only CoD frag movie i really liked was mazarini's, mostly because the editing was insane.

Also frag movies in general are pretty easy to get clips for if your even slightly decent at the game and have a equally decent team of players. Just using a lan tournament for example... if you went to Iseries and were a seeded team you'd be placed in a group full of complete noob teams (At least compared to yourself). So you'll have 5 or 6 games to stomp the crap out of the weaker teams... in cs during the group stages, i would have gotten at least one or two aces per game, probably most being spray down 5 mans (5v5). Organised noobs basically... so they'll rush your bomb sites but without decent flashes and ****e aim.. and thus you get more opportunites for good clips than you would if it was public play were its everyone for themselves.

So yeah... its all fine saying thats all you rate.. but really... if you knew anything about competitive PC play or the CoD scene on PC you mightn't rate every frag movie as highly(Mazarini's in fairness is against top class players tho.. but it took him like a year and a half to record and edit that !).



Maybe thats just me and coming from playing competitive FPS on PC for a LONG time... but yeah.... i think its just a big ignorant if you've never actually done the same and yet rate it like you have.

No offence intended in my reply, but I won't be entertaining yourself with the inevitable reply from yourself because tbh, you and me are on a never ending roundabout of doom as far as most things are concerned and we have discussed this on Skype (quite possibly Twitter as well) before on my preference for frag movies over pub stomping montages fairly recently (early hour late chat we had including about CS and it's conversion to console from PC, etc.)

But yeah, personally speaking I find pub stomping gameplays/montages boring and that includes your ones(I commented in one of your vids as well as on Skype I really liked the music and intro of the Dueltage you did with Lee but other than that... that alone got a thumbs up from me. It was excellently done and kudos there on that front, but the clips did nowt for me.

Why one would ask? Because...

You look/play for montage worthy clips. No matter what some will say it's quite clear going from what people who make montages have said in the past be it on Youtube, Twitter or here that they play for clips when making a montage. Looking/playing for montage worthy clips doesn't impress me for the sheer fact the a large sum of decent players if going into a game with that intended purpose can get montage clips. You just have to know the right channels or traffic areas to go. Many clips are born from usually spawn trapping an enemy on Demolition/Domination. I can use Summit for example- High side - stay along the left staircase when they are spawning and triples if not more can be made. Likewise the opposite side near the pillar beside the cable car or even on the right side looking at their spawn. Janus control center as I so affectionately call it staircase if another place along with the forklift/cargo holding strafing from left to right. This is just one example of one map. Other maps are more sparse but sure they have their own traffic patterns too that can be manipulated in such a way where clips can be obtained.

In the majority of frag movies I've posted, the players in them, are usually competing at a VERY high level and playing for prize money. They care about the W. Not clips. If clips come, all well and good. If not, they won't sleep over it. Getting an triple, quad, ace in competitive play against players with a brain (you know full well COD players in public level for the most are quite, brain-dead to put it bluntly, you've said similar yourself about it including some on here) makes it that bit more impressive. There is no two ways about it, there is the skill factor.

I've always said, the editing for the most part is especially what I appreciate most about frag movies. This is the reason why I loved your Dueltage intro so much. I've seen it in frag movies numerous times (sometimes gameplay and sometimes IRL celebrations ref the church window bit), and I never tire of it. The music was a bonus. Moving on, it's not over-done like so many pub montages and it's easy on my eye. Everyone is different, of course. But based on thanks, Cereal and the odd time Lee aside, most people here dare I say don't appreciate even this aspect which is mind boggling for me. Again, each to their own. I'm not forcing anyone to like any vid I upload myself or random. I only do so because I like them first and foremost. But I'm trying to understand the logic where where there are some average vids (editing and/or gameplay) being liked more than frag-movies.

Maybe it's the fact not many here have played competitive level at any level bar maybe the odd priv match with their mates, and thus really do not appreciate the difficulty in playing well drilled and organised teams who know the grenade spots, the spawn points, the sight-lines, traffic patterns, etc.
I'm not being elitist here but peoples experience on here evidently stretches as far as pub stomping and thinking they are excellent players.

Back to editing for a sec. Music. Lot of it is dubstep/techno sure. But there are some cracking tunes in frag movies, which have a certain momentum about them leading to a crescendo. They just flow well with it.

I can understand seeing the same maps and guns being used can be boring somewhat but tbh that's not going to change now. It does help that the maps played in Pro Mod are if I'm not mistaken among my top 10 in COD history, thus I'm a bit softer on the map choice as a result - District, Crash, Strike, Backlot, Crossfire and Vacant. I do think there should be more maps allowed though. It'd be nice the competitive lads play on Ambush, Bloc, Broadcast, Chinatown and Pipeline though, but I don't fret about it.

As for the ignorant remark. That's all a bit ironic if talking about other subjects but I won't go there. I may never have experienced top level PC Pro Mod COD gaming. Neither have you. Neither have the 1000's who have liked the frag movie in the first place, does that make their opinions invalid? No. I've played Pro-Mod on public servers at a friends house once upon a time ago, and I have played around 20 games of Pro-Mod (Pro-Sim as PC gamers would call it) on my PS3 so I do have experience in that gametype. By far the most enjoyable thing I have played in COD.

I know our opinions will differ yet again and you'll possibly give me the 1st degree over my post, etc. But this has to be a handful of times by now that I've posted my thoughts on this topic here excluding are convo on Skype and probably Twitter too with yourself. Gap in traffic by the looks of things, so I'm gonna take the first exit of this roundabout if you don't mind

We can summarise this by saying -
Ade = fan of frag movies
Magill = not a fan of frag movies

... and leave it at that. Sorry for the long reply but wanted to make myself entirely clear as to what I see I'll try and stay off this topic in future as it'll go down the same round like now.
Nuri Sahin is offline  
20-10-2011, 11:18   #37
Nuri Sahin
Banned
 
Nuri Sahin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Graveyard.
Posts: 26,291
Send a message via Skype™ to Nuri Sahin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeg17 View Post
Completely agree. I was showing the lads on Skype (which you must get on btw!) some of the montages that I downloaded in 720p at the weekend.
  • Glint 1/2
  • Scalper 1/2/3
  • Jazz
  • All The Things She Said
  • Troutage
  • Magill/Mine Dualtage (had to )
  • Ladtage
  • Magill's montage
  • Boards montage
All of those have very clever editing, unusual music that you wouldn't think would work well in a montage or a combination of both. Alot of the montages that are really popular these days are QS which I suppose appeals to the majority of CoD viewers, but certainly not me, and a fair amount of posters on here too I'd imagine.
For a pub montage, I do really like that one it must be said.

I've been looking for pub montage one for ages now. I had it saved on my previous Youtube channel before that was terminated. I think it was captain sparkles or sparkles who made it. Really excellently done. Cannot find it for the life of me though :/
Nuri Sahin is offline  
20-10-2011, 12:42   #38
Magill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,679
I think you missed my point. I know that there are teams in the competitive scene that are insanely skilled, what I meant about you being ignorant is that your assuming the people these guys are playing against are skilled. I have played competitively in many shooters and the skill range is usually quite massive. CS for example has a far bigger and more competitive scene than CoD but its still very easy to find teams that are as bad, if not worse than your average public player. Also the reason I find them boring is not that I don't rate it or think that a public montage requires more skill, its just that CoD is such a slow paced game in competitive play because the tactics/maplayouts requires it to be and thus the clips are usually very spread out(Edited down ofc).

As for me playing for clips... meh, i've never really denied that (My stats show it aswel !)... but sure when the game is so easy its good to have something that keeps it fun for longer.. i would say this tho, that I enjoyed the game much longer than most and still think blops is a really good game (Unlike alot of others on here). And i know your not going to reply to this but.... if you don't rate any montage clips why is it that you saved the 2 or 3 clips that you got yourself in blackops ?

I am a fan of frag movies... good competitive games like quake/cs/TF2 have amazing frag movies, even if the other players aren't great they are still exciting imo.

Last edited by Magill; 20-10-2011 at 12:59.
Magill is offline  
20-10-2011, 16:11   #39
e_e
Registered User
 
e_e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Der Autobahn
Posts: 4,200
e_e is offline  
Advertisement
20-10-2011, 16:16   #40
Tallon
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 22,926
UN-Flipping-Believeable !!

15 man QS

Tallon is offline  
(2) thanks from:
20-10-2011, 17:30   #41
Kev2Dee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeg17 View Post
Completely agree. I was showing the lads on Skype (which you must get on btw!) some of the montages that I downloaded in 720p at the weekend.
  • Glint 1/2
  • Scalper 1/2/3
  • Jazz
  • All The Things She Said
  • Troutage
  • Magill/Mine Dualtage (had to )
  • Ladtage
  • Magill's montage
  • Boards montage
All of those have very clever editing, unusual music that you wouldn't think would work well in a montage or a combination of both. Alot of the montages that are really popular these days are QS which I suppose appeals to the majority of CoD viewers, but certainly not me, and a fair amount of posters on here too I'd imagine.
You should check out blueprint, unreal CoD4 montage
Kev2Dee is offline  
(2) thanks from:
20-10-2011, 22:27   #42
pandaboy
Registered User
 
pandaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cork bei
Posts: 588
Alright you guys. Only really stumbled across this forum like a few days back. Been hanging around xbox the whole time thinking that was all that was there.

I'm interested in getting involved in editing of videos, I'm an editor myself outside of gaming and wouldn't mind taking on a pet project just to see what it's like.

Looking at getting a PVR soon but until then I think it'd be great craic helping out the community and getting involved with yer good selves and sure even have a few games in between plus I know I'll never hit the level of the videos above so I think this is a good compromise to get me hands on some proper COD footage Send me a PM if you;re interested and I'll let yez know me editing set up and so forth. Also, pm me your channel page and I'll sub you. Nothing better than supporting your own and hearing a good old neutral Irish accent commentating
pandaboy is offline  
(3) thanks from:
20-10-2011, 23:34   #43
Magill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaboy View Post
Alright you guys. Only really stumbled across this forum like a few days back. Been hanging around xbox the whole time thinking that was all that was there.

I'm interested in getting involved in editing of videos, I'm an editor myself outside of gaming and wouldn't mind taking on a pet project just to see what it's like.

Looking at getting a PVR soon but until then I think it'd be great craic helping out the community and getting involved with yer good selves and sure even have a few games in between plus I know I'll never hit the level of the videos above so I think this is a good compromise to get me hands on some proper COD footage Send me a PM if you;re interested and I'll let yez know me editing set up and so forth. Also, pm me your channel page and I'll sub you. Nothing better than supporting your own and hearing a good old neutral Irish accent commentating
I think its maybe a bit late to get a kind of community montage on the go (For black ops anyway). Maybe someone like Thomasheen has enough good quality clips (His gameplays are usually very good so im guessing he does).

If not, it might be worth waiting until MW3 is released and doing a CoD community tage like the one I did for blops (But with more organisation obviously ).
Magill is offline  
20-10-2011, 23:39   #44
pandaboy
Registered User
 
pandaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cork bei
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magill View Post
I think its maybe a bit late to get a kind of community montage on the go (For black ops anyway). Maybe someone like Thomasheen has enough good quality clips (His gameplays are usually very good so im guessing he does).

If not, it might be worth waiting until MW3 is released and doing a CoD community tage like the one I did for blops (But with more organisation obviously ).
Ah ya, it's more practice with After Effects than anything. Tis all a bit of practice. Hopefully should have a PVR in time for MW3, ftw
pandaboy is offline  
20-10-2011, 23:41   #45
Thomasheen
Registered User
 
Thomasheen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Black Bog. Word.
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magill View Post
I think its maybe a bit late to get a kind of community montage on the go (For black ops anyway). Maybe someone like Thomasheen has enough good quality clips (His gameplays are usually very good so im guessing he does).

If not, it might be worth waiting until MW3 is released and doing a CoD community tage like the one I did for blops (But with more organisation obviously ).
Funny you should say that because I actually threw all the clips I have lying around into a montage today. It's the most piss poor editing ever but I like it.

I will have clips for MW3 so if anyone wants to edit them when I get them I'll be more than willing to give them away to whatever projects people want them for
Thomasheen is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet