Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcraft [Poll]

Options
  • 12-09-2011 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

As a few of yous have read we are trying to get a barcraft organised for potentially this weekend. If not possibly in the near future this is a poll to see the amount of interest.

Would you be able to attend a barcraft this Saturday to watch Dreamhack Valencia? 55 votes

Yes
    0%
    Maybe
    56%
    Da BouncaXithusFunkyPurpleFistMixerArciphelexcentricXiosRodg3Agent J-TK^CreatorgearoidofJiggsBrianseanbmcDecertoVinLiegercardio,shoot meEsreroeurboatkiad 31 votes
    No, but would be interesting in another Date(If so state below possible idea of when)
    20%
    DeVorePimp NinjaTheDocsamirelandBurgoGrimeboxColumcdeconduoLightnessxSpaceydapixelman 11 votes
    No, not interested at all
    23%
    ShiminaySir Digby Chicken CaesarpuzlRoyalMarinegodspalFoxhole NormanRichieDUnholyGregorUltimateHurlChickstosh_2006DaveSCPacWac 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Maybe
    any time, any place, for esports

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

Can't go to this one, but will try my utmost to go to any other one after September finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

No, but would be interesting in another Date(If so state below possible idea of when)
    Notice is short - will need to get permission from the Boss, but would love it.

Would definitely be interested in other dates too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicks

I'd like to but I'll be pretty broke for the foreseeable future. If you do another one a few months down the line I'll go if I can make it :D Sounds like fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Maybe
    I'm a student who hasn't started back at college yet, so yup, can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Maybe
    So, I said yes, then I noticed it's my GF's birthday! So change my vote to a "no" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I assume this is in Jackeen-land yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

Maybe
    Post it on r/starcraft and r/barcraft and Tl tbh, ireland was top20 gsl viewers, there must be more sc2 fans somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭saini

Maybe
    Done that now see what happens :S

Maybe
    gearoidof wrote: »
    So, I said yes, then I noticed it's my GF's birthday! So change my vote to a "no" ;)
    Bring her as a birthday present! What more romantic way to spend one's birthday...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no money this weekend, but some other weekend if I have funds I'd travel for it

Maybe
    Just got my thread closed on tl lol because no info about event even though I am just trying to get figures to make it a possibility

Maybe
    Just made a thread on Games linking this, hopefully get a few more random people interested.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

OK, bitter experience has taught me that the only way to organise an event like this is to just pick a time, date and location and run with it. If people can attend, they can attend, if not, they'll still know about it next time. So go find a venue and come back to here and to TL.net and Reddit and anywhere else and let the Barcraft begin!

Maybe
    Ye but in terms of numbers for a 1st showing I believe we need to get 10+ ppl interested so that the bar will be happy enough to allow it to become a common occurrence and even allow later events to be watched under certain situations

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NighTxX

Wow, more people interested in this than having a LAN. I'm shocked....then again it is Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Maybe
    NighTxX wrote: »
    Wow, more people interested in this than having a LAN. I'm shocked....then again it is Ireland.

tbh, it's much easier to go out for a evening of drinks than to an all nighter lan, plus you can invite your mates down to this, if they don't like, they can change venue no bother.

Xios wrote: »
    tbh, it's much easier to go out for a evening of drinks than to an all nighter lan, plus you can invite your mates down to this, if they don't like, they can change venue no bother.

OR OR OR you could have the LAN during the day (i never understood why this isnt the case)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Maybe
    I *think* I might have a pub sorted. Waiting on the sayso and will post details if I secure it, but it's not too far from city centre anyway =)

Maybe
    OR OR OR you could have the LAN during the day (i never understood why this isnt the case)

A lan during would cost significantly more reason its affordable at night is because were using time when they wouldnt make money either way. Also having a lan in the day means that it would have to start early to make it viable with mini tourney going on. As you have seen tourney take at least have the night usually longer.

• Advertisement

saini wrote: »
    A lan during would cost significantly more reason its affordable at night is because were using time when they wouldnt make money either way. Also having a lan in the day means that it would have to start early to make it viable with mini tourney going on. As you have seen tourney take at least have the night usually longer.

I think more people would turn up with 20-30 euros to enter during the day than 10 for all night.

Maybe
    I think more people would turn up with 20-30 euros to enter during the day than 10 for all night.

Speak for yourself 30 euro is alot of money for 12 hours of starcraft if you were even luck enough to get it for that price.

saini wrote: »
    Speak for yourself 30 euro is alot of money for 12 hours of starcraft if you were even luck enough to get it for that price.

You probably spend an equal amount to that at one of these "Barcraft" nights

Maybe
    Ye but as much as I love the game, I personal enjoy watching it as much and relaxing, chatting with fellow sc2 players like its an sport(e-sport) as well as having a few beers sounds just as appealing as a lan.

Maybe
    For those of us who suck, watching sc2 can be more enjoyable than playing it.

Maybe
    Dunno why a LAN and Barcraft are even being compared when they're in no way related. It's not an issue of we can only do one or the other, it's simply we want a Barcraft.

Maybe
    Im only comparing it in a sense that I enjoy either of them with the same love and having a barcraft or a lan doesn't make a difference once it for sc2

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mordo

Maybe
    I may have 3 people to add to the numbers. Is there a venue/time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Maybe
    Think I have a venue, but not promising it just yet, checking back with them tomorrow hopefully....near city centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Maybe
    If I'm free I'd be there.

Advertisement