Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-01-2012, 13:34   #166
Captain Havoc

Just looking there, Aer Lingus from Perpignon to Dublin fro €135 the day after late in the afternoon which means we wouldn't have to leave Cerbere until after 11am, which means sexy party on the Friday
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-01-2012, 13:44   #167
AstraMonti

Send a message via MSN to AstraMonti
Thanks very much again for organizing all this Captain, really appreciate the trouble of doing all the bookings etc.
(2) thanks from:
18-01-2012, 13:54   #168
ROK ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Havoc View Post
Just looking there, Aer Lingus from Perpignon to Dublin fro €135 the day after late in the afternoon which means we wouldn't have to leave Cerbere until after 11am, which means sexy party on the Friday
I will be more than likley getting a lift to a place near Carcasonne on the Saturday - so if anyone wants a lift there for a flight then that can be arranged.

However, if you want to have a sexy party with 10 other blokes, one of whom is your brother, then all I can say is best of luck, but I am aalready spoken for. I am flattered however.

Perpignan is not a bad town btw. I recall spending a very fine afternoon drinking (and celebrating) there many years ago, while watching Perpignan beat Leinster. We drove down to Perp from Toulouse just to watch the match on the telly in a local bar. Great craic.

Last edited by ROK ON; 18-01-2012 at 13:56.
18-01-2012, 14:27   #169
Captain Havoc

Just talking to the brother there, he says Aer Lingus won't give us a deal but they'd allow us flexibility with a group booking, what that would essentially mean for us is that if one person had to back out, he could be replaced or cancelled without incurring an extra cost. I think this would be a good way forward for us. The down side is that we would fly to Bordeaux and have to get the train down. I don't think there'd be much of a price difference, it's €103 with Ryanair to Biarritz and €95 with Aer Lingus to Bordeaux, train down is about two hours and €30. Don't know what ye make of that.
18-01-2012, 14:29   #170
lennymc

im happy with anything
Advertisement
18-01-2012, 14:44   #171
Captain Havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstraMonti View Post
Thanks very much again for organizing all this Captain, really appreciate the trouble of doing all the bookings etc.
You can thank me at the end when all has gone well, we don't know what surprises are in the line yet
18-01-2012, 14:52   #172
ROK ON

Hi,

I will make my own way over as the family is coming with me for a family holiday. I will hook up with ye in Biarritz on the Sunday.

One day three I will try and get the family and some French friends to get to out of the cols and give us a but of suppport/picnic etc.
The missus will be staying only 70km away from Tarascon, which is where we finish day 3.
Thanks from:
18-01-2012, 23:06   #173
manafana

all sounds good to me, im willign pay bit extra to go group way, makes getting round less stressful.

Happy to go aerlingus route as go idea if change name on flight should someone be replaced.
24-01-2012, 11:38   #174
lennymc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennymc View Post
90kg is lightweight btw! try 108!!
that was on 14th september 2011. Got me finger out and weighed meself yesterday. 95 kg. sweet. Hopefully break 85 kg by the time this trip comes round!
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
24-01-2012, 11:44   #175
ROK ON

Quote:
that was on 14th september 2011. Got me finger out and weighed meself yesterday. 95 kg. sweet. Hopefully break 85 kg by the time this trip comes round!

Well done.

I have dropped 4kg since Jan 1 and now weigh in at 95 also. Goal is also to get to 85kg by say June. It will be very hard, but I have done it previously.

Best of luck.
(3) thanks from:
24-01-2012, 12:55   #176
AstraMonti

Send a message via MSN to AstraMonti
Well done gentlemen, my self I am down 2.5kgs as well, hoping for 2.5 more before we get there.

What are we doing regarding air tickets? Are we doing a group booking there or we ll just go and book them ourselves?
24-01-2012, 12:59   #177
manafana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROK ON View Post
Well done.

I have dropped 4kg since Jan 1 and now weigh in at 95 also. Goal is also to get to 85kg by say June. It will be very hard, but I have done it previously.

Best of luck.
Im at 86 now planning hit 76 for next summer, new bike in pipeline 2k budget.
24-01-2012, 13:12   #178
lennymc

Quote:
Originally Posted by manafana View Post
Im at 86 now planning hit 76 for next summer, new bike in pipeline 2k budget.
good man.

what training are people doing? Im at about 350 kms with 1750 metres climbing for january. Want to be hitting about 500 kms a week by march with some nice hilly commutes. Want to be hitting wicklow and other hills quite a bit aswell. Thats the plan anyway!

Before we head away would it be an idea to organise a boards raid pyrenee 2012 wicklow spin, for the craic like and to meet each other?
(3) thanks from:
24-01-2012, 13:42   #179
Captain Havoc

I'm on about 385km in January, 1,700m of elevation gain. I'm not going to go over board on the hill training and concentrate on getting the kms in. Oh and I've put on weight and am 71kg (I'm a midget so not good).
24-01-2012, 13:56   #180
ROK ON

Quote:
good man.

what training are people doing? Im at about 350 kms with 1750 metres climbing for january. Want to be hitting about 500 kms a week by march with some nice hilly commutes. Want to be hitting wicklow and other hills quite a bit aswell. Thats the plan anyway!

Before we head away would it be an idea to organise a boards raid pyrenee 2012 wicklow spin, for the craic like and to meet each other?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Havoc View Post
I'm on about 385km in January, 1,700m of elevation gain. I'm not going to go over board on the hill training and concentrate on getting the kms in. Oh and I've put on weight and am 71kg (I'm a midget so not good).
Similar to the Captain, I want to build a good endurance base before I go crazy on the climbs and begind doing say hill repeats and high intensity climbing. Slowly slowly wins the race says the tortoise to the hare.

When ye say 385km, is that Jan to date or a weekly average.

I am getting out for 3-4 hours every weekend and then during the week I am doing 3-4 1 hour plus turbo sessions that focus on cadence and as base fitness building. As the evenings get longer I will aim to change the trubo with some 2 hour session 2 to 3 nights a week.
http://app.strava.com/athletes/86430
The meters gained in Strava are overly generous, but also reflects the fact that I live in a valley, thus to cycle anywhere involves climbing.

On the suggestion of a meetup for a spin. Not a bad idea at all given that we dont know each other. I have met the Captain and Astra.

Wicklow is ideal, but also Slieve Blooms are lovely. If ye ever want to come south to Kerry I can show ye some spectacular routes.
Would it be best to structure a group ride around an event (say Orwell Randonee or Mick Byrne), or just to put a date in the diary that suits most people (unlikely to suit everybody).

Last edited by ROK ON; 24-01-2012 at 13:59.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion