Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,000 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah at the third dungeon myself and loving it. Only problems are a pretty pointless upgrade system and some occasionally awkward bomb bowling. Other than that I think it's vintage Zelda.

And epically holding your sword skyward is the single most satisfying motion control motion yet!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,000 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Although I admit to being surprised at how blunt Nintendo have made it that Zelda wants to **** Link and vice versa. Could cut the sexual tension with a master sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

And epically holding your sword skyward is the single most satisfying motion control motion yet!

That was one of the most frustrating bits. It takes about 4 or 5 attempts to get him to hold the thing up straight for me.

Only ever takes me one or max two attempts, and my sensor bar is in an unavoidably awkward raised position!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭Doge

Well I could think of a few ways that work for me to gain a womans attention.

I can think of another way you can. ;)

Getting their attention is not always a good thing though! :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only ever takes me one or max two attempts, and my sensor bar is in an unavoidably awkward raised position!

Wiimotion plus is so accurate that it actually doesn't use the sensor bar at all.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Wiimotion plus is so accurate that it actually doesn't use the sensor bar at all.

Really? Interesting!

It did seem to somewhat loose calibration towards the end of one longer play session, but otherwise I'm generally impressed. I do wish I had a lower TV though, even without sensor bar, but alas one must make do.

Yeah. The sensor bar is only really used for selecting things in your inventory.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DinoRex wrote: »
    Yeah. The sensor bar is only really used for selecting things in your inventory.

Nope it doesn't even use it for that either. It's all carried out without the sensor bar which is why it can go out of calibration after a while. The snesor bar is only really used for calibration when you press down on the d-pad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

waveform wrote: »
    I can think of another way you can. ;)

Getting their attention is not always a good thing though! :p

those cabels all unplugged themselfs very easily :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

weeder wrote: »
    those cabels all unplugged themselfs very easily :rolleyes:

Was the conveniently placed and "happened to be recording" camera not a giveaway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Was the conveniently placed and "happened to be recording" camera not a giveaway :P

Still not as good as the carfully planned WoW video with the fella shoving a remote up his arse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Mega Man 2 speed run with live music... some people are just awesome:

I see the pointless e-voting machines are back in the news.

I've always wondered how suitable they'd be to be gutted and turned into a MAME cab.

Mega Man 2 speed run with live music... some people are just awesome:

I'll stand by my statement that the Megaman 2 soundtrack is probably the finest game soundtrack ever.

This is wonderful:

http://mapstalgia.tumblr.com

tumblr_lxk2lm0om41rn1cvh

It's people drawing videogame maps from memory. I'm definitely going to have to give it a go myself.

And here's something really crazy. Apparently Silent Hill is influenced by... wait for it...

Kindergarten Cop.

The artists used it as a reference when designing the art:

http://hg101.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=games&action=display&thread=8755

I'm a cop you idiot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    And here's something really crazy. Apparently Silent Hill is influenced by... wait for it...

Kindergarten Cop.

The artists used it as a reference when designing the art:

http://hg101.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=games&action=display&thread=8755

I'm a cop you idiot!

arnold-schwarzenegger-screaming-kindergarten-cop_480_poster.jpg

Oh and in the second Silent Hill maybe the wife was dying of a brain tumor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Now that'd be interesting, Arnie berating a group of kids when suddenly the faceless school nurse comes in and slices off his ghoolies with a scalpel....

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    This is wonderful:

http://mapstalgia.tumblr.com

tumblr_lxk2lm0om41rn1cvh

It's people drawing videogame maps from memory. I'm definitely going to have to give it a go myself.

I'd was initially thinking I'd love to see someone do it for the Last Ninja, as it would be a challenge as I don't have the a good photographic memory.

But when I actually tried to picture the first level of the Last Ninja 2,
    I realized I can memorize a lot of it, from playing the ****e out of it!

Might give it a go If I'm bored in my course some day!

Feel bad for the poor fecker who tried to draw the first level of Phantasy Star Online.

The layout changes slightly each time you play it... hence me getting lost when we were playing it at my place last time around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm sure there's an admissions ward with a "service user" or two who tried to map Toe Jam & Earl....

Had a go at drawing R-Type level 1 from memory:

pj26kd0h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Right I'm going to give myself a nice shameless plug

Have a design up for sale at http://www.othertees.com/ for the next 4 days. So take a look and spread it around like kerrygold!

Running a competition for the best comment on my facebook aswell so make sure to enter that http://www.facebook.com/JackBurtonDesign

386409_231360570275566_111045205640437_482165_863686604_n.jpg

Attempt to draw a level from Halo:

2111i4y.jpg

Was really hard to capture the circular level design.
    (too niche?)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,234 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

A level from most modern FPS games.

brown_square-292x292.jpg

An average 'level' of LCD:

1jso5i.jpg

Here's the route through Halo 2 after the New Mombasa Area:

188203.jpg

Also a good stand in for any of Legend of Dragoon

• Advertisement

An average 'level' of LCD:

1jso5i.jpg

Which game is LCD?

Googling LCD game isn't very helpful as you can imagine! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement