Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC matchs on Sat/Sun

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭An.Duine.Eile

You can add the RWC Calendar to your favourite organiser using this page

http://www.markthisdate.com/calendar/Rugby_World_Cup_2011_10493/add-to-calendar.html

The Google Calendar worked very well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

They're all at silly o'clock in the morning though. Not sure what I'm gonna do about watching them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Podge_irl wrote: »
    They're all at silly o'clock in the morning though. Not sure what I'm gonna do about watching them

Sky +, get up at your ease, leave the phone and laptop off and enjoy!!!
    (thats my plan anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I was thinking before whether the IRFU scored an own goal by voting for NZ instead of SA. SA are in the same timezone as us (with a small difference). The RWC matches in NZ will be on all early hours that are not really suitable for a good atmosphere.

If it was on in SA Ireland have a good world cup you'd see people heading off to the pubs and a general good atmosphere during the day leading up to matches. Now we'll have to watch matches after just getting out of bed.

All that to get a few extra games against NZ.

Were SA competing for the 11 RWC? I don't remember. Would definitely have been better from an Irish point of view. That they voted for NZ just for them to come play here (which they would have done soon enough anyway) is silly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Were SA competing for the 11 RWC? I don't remember. Would definitely have been better from an Irish point of view. That they voted for NZ just for them to come play here (which they would have done soon enough anyway) is silly.
    The south africans were in the running to host this year as were the japanese(where the wc should be on this year)

I don't disagree, though I can't wait for the Japanese RWC in 2019. Cause I should be able to afford to go there (I really wanted to go this year but funds put paid to that).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

The Aus match is at half 9. That's reasonably. Italy is alright. The rest, not so much...

Reasonable for being awake. Not so reasonable for being in a pub drinking!

I think the IRFU vote was crucial. It was a close call.

• Advertisement

ormond lad wrote: »
    The south africans were in the running to host this year as were the japanese(where the wc should be on this year)

The rugby unions could do more in growing the game. Having a world cup in Japan would have been great.

Likewise a HEC final in Belgium or Holland would do wonders for the game in those countries but I can't see that happening in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The earliest game is 6am. Thats not bad. I have a teething 7 month old. Thats usually a lie on for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Get Setanta in for 2 months. Record every game to watch at my leisure. Sounds like a good plan to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Morf wrote: »
    Get Setanta in for 2 months. Record every game to watch at my leisure. Sounds like a good plan to me.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

will it not be on setanta ireland? like on freeview? oh and all RWC games are weekenders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    oh and all RWC games are weekenders

Not at all, lots of midweek games as well during the group stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

Morf wrote: »

+1 and in HD baby

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

In hindsight they got lucky by not going for Japan this year.
    Would have been a major clusterfcuk overshadowing the event after the tsunami/radiation leak. Teams trying to change their hotels and location of their games, some associations wanting it moved completely, two-bob-experts giving their opinions on which parts are safe for players,fans etc.

(all from a RWC viewpoint, obviously from a Japanese viewpoint they'd have had bigger things to worry about).

ITV HD will have the matches. ITV is on FTA which is Free .

link to original post
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68038322&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Will it not be on RTE or BBC?

• Advertisement

RTE seems to have 11 matches

previous thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056033961

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

theboss80 wrote: »
    Will it not be on RTE or BBC?

Not BBC. ITV won the British network broadcasting rights. ITV have actually been broadcasting it since the 1995 RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

JustinDee wrote: »
    Not BBC. ITV won the British network broadcasting rights. ITV have actually been broadcasting it since the 1995 RWC.

Damn I can't record them on Sky + so , how is the commentary on ITV? I just saw on Setanta you can get a 2 month package but am wondering will they bump the prices when it comes around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

theboss80 wrote: »
    Damn I can't record them on Sky + so , how is the commentary on ITV? I just saw on Setanta you can get a 2 month package but am wondering will they bump the prices when it comes around
    Commentary? Personally I never pay notice to commentary. Steve Smith (former England halfback) and John Taylor were two of them but can't remember the rest. Have a feeling that eternal bores Barnes and Harrison go over from Sky.
    The panel was usually good. Carling, Pienaar, Wood, Lynagh, ZunZen. Martin Bayfield was a presenter. He's actually very good at this role. Jim Rosenthal the other.

macman2010 wrote: »
    +1 and in HD baby

Setanta HD isn't HD. It's just an upscaled SD picture. It's not too bad though.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    will it not be on setanta ireland? like on freeview? oh and all RWC games are weekenders

I imagine it wouldn't make a lot of commercial sense to air their biggest draw of the year on their non-subscription channel.

Some matches will be Setanta Ireland but i imagine quite a lot will be Setanta 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

So to see all the matches and record the ones I miss my best bet is to order Setanta for 2 months? Or are you guys talking specifically about HD ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Hopefully ITV will bring back John Taylor, I always liked his commentary.

Skunkle wrote: »
    So to see all the matches and record the ones I miss my best bet is to order Setanta for 2 months? Or are you guys talking specifically about HD ?

ITV1 / ITV HD and ITV 4 will have all the matches.

RTE 2 / RTE 2 HD will have the Irish Matches ( http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2010/1221/worldcup_rte.html)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Our group matches are on at 2:00am and 4:30am here in Canada :(

I need to reverse my sleep schedule for a couple of months, hope work will be ok with it...

Advertisement