Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saveonlaptops.co.uk

• 31-05-2011 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Who has ordered from them?

I ordered a new laptop on Sunday night, paid with my paypal account, and got an email from paypal today to say that my money had been refunded. When I signed into my Save on laptops account, it said it was due to my address not being verified.
    Anybody had any trouble like this before? I have emailed about it, but no word back yet. I just thought I would see if anybody here has had the same hassle?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

BDJW wrote: »
    Who has ordered from them?

I ordered a new laptop on Sunday night, paid with my paypal account, and got an email from paypal today to say that my money had been refunded. When I signed into my Save on laptops account, it said it was due to my address not being verified.
    Anybody had any trouble like this before? I have emailed about it, but no word back yet. I just thought I would see if anybody here has had the same hassle?

The same thing happened me. Just give them a ring and they will sort it for ya .
    Paypal had issues with the billing address . I had my lenovo within 3 days . Great
    company to deal with .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I just decided it would be easier to re-order and pay with my credit card this thing :P

Within an hour the order had been dispatched...very impressed by that!!! But just hoping that I have it by friday otherwise it will be next tuesday :(!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

What did you order?

Ordered at 3 o'clock on Tuesday, and it arrived half an hour ago. Very impressed with the delivery time. Won't get to use it til tonight when I get home though :(!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Likewise ordered a laptop Wednesday afternoon, arrived at 9am this morning. Most impressed.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Likewise ordered a laptop Wednesday afternoon, arrived at 9am this morning. Most impressed.

Happy with the laptop?

Tested mine out last night and was very happy with it. Had it running on the battery for about 4 hours, and when i turned it off, it still had an estimated 2.5 hours of life left

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

BDJW wrote: »
    Happy with the laptop?

Tested mine out last night and was very happy with it. Had it running on the battery for about 4 hours, and when i turned it off, it still had an estimated 2.5 hours of life left

Dunno yet I got it delivered to my homeplace down the country so I will have to wait until this evening to find out. :)

Got this one for 340 sterling on a special, happy days as it is back up to 399 already. Picked it out on behalf of the mother in law, so I'll be sure to highlight my bargaining prowess for extra brownie points. :pac:

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Samsung_RV511_1040541.html

EDIT: My second time getting a package from DPD, they seem much more efficient than the majority of other courier companies operating here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Some amazing prices on that site. Especially considering what you would get in a bricks and mortar store here.

Can't wait for my laptop to break. :p

great prices and delivery in 2 days whenever I used them. very happy overall. prices have gone up slightly from what they were but still the best value around - no competition imo unless there is a one-off special somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Bit annoyed. Ordered a laptop last night and paid via paypal. Today the payment was refunded due to address problem as per OP and others. Now laptop £50 more expensive and girl on phone "couldn't guarantee original price".
    http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_G570_1076389.htmlWhich is a bit rubbish.

Have emailed in parallel and will see if anything is offered. Otherwise will look elsewhere. Amazon seems to have some decent deals on Lenovo and Acers!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭raydar

im thinking of getting this http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/ASUS_U53JC-XX149V_1008196.html

What are their after sales warranty and support like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Seen your PC World Thread, this Lappie could be an option maybe.
    raydar wrote: »
    im thinking of getting this http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/ASUS_U53JC-XX149V_1008196.html

What are their after sales warranty and support like?
    I started a thread with the same question a little while back, no responses, so seems no one has had a problem with them yet on here, googling around, the only bad thing I see said about them is that they're slow to answer the phone.

Did you see this one?

Cheaper, better processor, better graphics, but worse battery.

Thanks

i dont no about Acer ?
    i was into ;
    ACER Aspire 5750 15.6" Laptop - Black

im getting into gamng so it might do

Thanks

i dont no about Acer ?
    i was into ;
    ACER Aspire 5750 15.6" Laptop - Black

im getting into gamng so it might do
    You might want to read up on graphics before you get into gaming. That one on that laptop won't do at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭collybyrne

I tried to place an order on their website and found it impossible to select any destination country other than United Kingdom. Anyone have any information on how to complete an order for Ireland with them??

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭collybyrne

I tried to place an order on their website and found it impossible to select any destination country other than United Kingdom. Anyone have any information on how to complete an order for Ireland with them??

Answered my own question this morning. Rang them and was told to simply leave the destination country as United Kingdom and complete the order filling in your own Irish delivery address.

Ordered this today: https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_G570_1076390.html

Cant wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 certifiable

collybyrne wrote: »
    Answered my own question this morning. Rang them and was told to simply leave the destination country as United Kingdom and complete the order filling in your own Irish delivery address.

Cant wait!!

I ordered that one too, on Friday evening, had to ring and answer some verification questions at their request.

One strange thing with the verification questions, which were:
    Repeat my address to them.
    Tell them my credit card type and issuing bank
    But the final question: "Can you tell me who is your broadband provider associated with the number at your address"
    That is very strange question. I told them (it's eircom)
    Surely they couldn't know that, to use it as a verification question?

Anyone had that question from them?
    I dunno, maybe they're providing who your provider is to a telecoms company so they can pitch a different broadband provider to people.
    Don't see how it can be a verification question.

Anyway, I'm just happy that the order is now being worked on and will get to me soon :)

• Advertisement

Thats great hopefully their aftersales support is genuine and i hope you are to become another satisfied customer

Did you read their T&C ,you have 28 days to return it at your expence

I hope the Lenovo screen dosn't start to burn your eyes over time , their quaility is know to be poor.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thats great hopefully their aftersales support is genuine and i hope you are to become another satisfied customer

I hope the Lenovo screen dosn't start to burn your eyes over time , their quaility is know to be poor.

So the Lenevo screens are poor?

I was going to get one of the or the Samsung. Not sure which one now!

The Acers I have had before all the screens died on them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

have you dealt with saveonlaptops before? wonder would amazon be a better choice to buy from

how bad are the screen supposed to get on the lenovo's?

No i have not dealt with them

I think ASUS's 2 year warranty is a comfortable thought

they use high quility components

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lads I want to buy a netbook off this company but when I go to sign up and type in my billing address there isn't an option to type in your country.

How did you lot enter your address?

I realise that's probably a stupid question but thought I would ask to make sure!

im sure this might help you :

collybyrne wrote: »

Cant wait!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

im prob being a retard here but i cant get past the register stage.
    keep getting this message when i enter my contact name.
    i - This information must match the address on your card statement. You can enter a delivery address at a later stage.
    what am i doing wrong??
    or is this UK only

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jizzyboner

I just got mine delivered today. Only ordered monday morning and DPD called to the house earlier. That's very good as i wasn't expecting it until Friday where I am down in Kerry.

Haven't taken it out of the box yet as I'm still copying all my old rubbish onto an external hard disk. My 4 year old HP has seen better days but has been very reliable.

Going to start it up in a while and see how the new one looks and seems.

Got this one, so hope it lasts me 4 years anyway :)

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_IdeaPad_Z570_1091048.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

jizzyboner wrote: »
    I just got mine delivered today. Only ordered monday morning and DPD called to the house earlier. That's very good as i wasn't expecting it until Friday where I am down in Kerry.

Haven't taken it out of the box yet as I'm still copying all my old rubbish onto an external hard disk. My 4 year old HP has seen better days but has been very reliable.

Going to start it up in a while and see how the new one looks and seems.

Got this one, so hope it lasts me 4 years anyway :)

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_IdeaPad_Z570_1091048.html

That's brilliant speed. I ordered my Lenovo late Sunday night/early Monday morning... I'm in Ashbourne (just outside Dublin) so I'm surprised an order made to Kerry arrived a day earlier than mine.

Just got told by my postman while he delivered some letters; "I've got a package waiting for you, I'll have it for you later", which means I'm blaming An Post for any lateness I have in arrival, not the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jizzyboner

carlcon wrote: »
    That's brilliant speed. I ordered my Lenovo late Sunday night/early Monday morning... I'm in Ashbourne (just outside Dublin) so I'm surprised an order made to Kerry arrived a day earlier than mine.

Just got told by my postman while he delivered some letters; "I've got a package waiting for you, I'll have it for you later", which means I'm blaming An Post for any lateness I have in arrival, not the website.

Hi
    I don't know why the postie would have it. From what I saw on the site, all the deliveries to Ireland are done by DPD on what their site says "2 day". I was told to allow 4 days but very happy to have got it when I did.

Hope you get it today then and you're as happy with it as I am with mine, now I have had chance to play a bit.

The Z570 has a lovely metallic finish and the touch sensitive controls above the keys, so very happy I paid the small bit extra over the G series.

What finally swung it for me was the review of 20 laptops in this months PCPro magazine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

im having problems with them i was told to ring them because my address was wrong but every time i try to ring them im just wait for someone to answer the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

im having problems with them i was told to ring them because my address was wrong but every time i try to ring them im just wait for someone to answer the phone.

Yes it took me about 5-7 minutes waiting time to get someone on the phone. Once I did it was resolved in under a minute. Recieved the order 2 days later. Excellent delivery, theres no doubt. If you can get past the initial hurdle of their phone sales.

machalla wrote: »

Yes it took me about 5-7 minutes waiting time to get someone on the phone. Once I did it was resolved in under a minute. Recieved the order 2 days later. Excellent delivery, theres no doubt. If you can get past the initial hurdle of their phone sales.

I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone so i rang box.co.uk which is the same company and they sorted it out for me they said i will get my laptop on the 1st of september .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

They were off line last night "back in a few minutes" still down this morning, Are they having problems.
    I was going to order but think I will hold off for a while.

• Advertisement

No1J wrote: »
    They were off line last night "back in a few minutes" still down this morning, Are they having problems.
    I was going to order but think I will hold off for a while.

Order from box.co.uk they are the same company and ten times better

Order from box.co.uk they are the same company and ten times better

Thank's seantobin43
    had a quick look and the site looks very similar, how are they better, faster delivery, prices?

Box supply the laptops to saveonlaptop. Box are the same really , same delivery company but box are great to answer the phone . If you made an account on saveonlaptop you also make an acoount for box at the same time. If i was going to buy another laptop i would go for box.co.uk. I rang box to complain about saveonlaptops and within an hour box closed down saveonlaptops site . Maybe saveonlaptop had a problem .

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

Can anyone give me a good number to ring for this crowd?? I keep ringing and not getting anywhere but beep---beep----beep...like someones hung up on me!!
    Paypal address unconfirmed ect. This is annoying me now! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭denis1501

0044 - 121 20 200 50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

I have used saveonlaptops serveral times as i repair and sell computers. I have found them the worst in the world to deal with on the phone. Because i have to order without the VAT i need to ring in my order as they do not answer emails and the web form is a waste of space. I have had to call on many occasions just to get my order processed. If there is a problem with the order they will not send an email and then they will lie about doing so.

Last week I had to order a sony. Because i had bought several laptops this month, I had maxed out my business visa and had decided to use my personal debit card. I rang them and told them to put the sony on my account and I would pay for it immediately. I went online and paid. That was on the Tuesday. Usually i would have the laptop by Thursday. I had promised delivery on Friday to my customer. I rang my customer friday evening and made arrangements to deliver on the following Wednesday. I tried to call save on laptops on Monday and couldn't get through. I spend over an hour that day on hold. Tuesday I got one of my staff to call and they were told that there was a problem with some of the Irish debt cards, that they couldn't accept them, even though they had taken the money from my account. I had them cancel the order. In order not to lose the client, i had to pay full retail price at a sony centre.

They're quite good, if you are doing a straightforward internet transaction. but if you have to call them for anything then you're in trouble. I have only come across one person in there (paul) who seems to be able to work the computer system and know what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

Here's a question about this crowd...Is it possible to change an order after you purchase? Like changing the laptop to another of the same price before its shipped?
    I emailed them today through there contact form and am hoping it reaches them before they send the original laptop! Is it possible they will comply?

chiloutus wrote: »
    Here's a question about this crowd...Is it possible to change an order after you purchase? Like changing the laptop to another of the same price before its shipped?
    I emailed them today through there contact form and am hoping it reaches them before they send the original laptop! Is it possible they will comply?
    I would be calling them at 10Am tomorrow, you could try sending an email to sales@saveonlqptops.co.uk

if you have any problems box.co.uk will do it for you if you say that you cant contact saveonlaptops . Here is boxs number 0040 121 20 200 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I would be calling them at 10Am tomorrow, you could try sending an email to sales@saveonlqptops.co.uk

Ordered laptop at lunchtime. Had to ring to confirm Irish address. Got email that laptop was dispatched within 90minutes of placing the order. Very efficient so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Heres what happened to me, ordered from them twice before and paid using paypal and both orders were cancelled by the company and full amount refunded. So i sent them an email asking what the story was and they replied saying they had general verification issues with non uk paypal accounts and they recommended that if i ordered in future to pay by credit card....

Then i put in an order on 27th august and paid by credit card. The amount charged to my credit card was €535.59 (appeared on my statement 29th August). Also on 29th August I received an email saying there was a problem with my order and to call the sales line

I tried to call the line but ended up on hold until my credit ran out so i sent an email referencing my order number etc and asking what the problem was...

31st August got the same automated email from them (ignoring the details of my email) asking me to ring the number again. Rang the number again and was on hold again for twenty minutes (i really couldnt afford it so had to hang up) so sent another email to them which they ignored and sent back the same automated email on sept 1st....

I was away for weekend and just back to this today.....checked my credit card online today and saveonlaptops refunded an amount of €521.05 to my credit card! This is €14.54 less than i was charged in the first place!....Just sent them another email about all this.....

Do i have any comeback re the difference in money?? any advice would be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

bbam wrote: »
    Ordered laptop at lunchtime. Had to ring to confirm Irish address. Got email that laptop was dispatched within 90minutes of placing the order. Very efficient so far.

Very happy camper here...
    Laptop has arrived and being setup..

48 hours from placing order
    Sweet:D

bbam wrote: »
    Very happy camper here...
    Laptop has arrived and being setup..

48 hours from placing order
    Sweet:D

What did you go for, anything nice.:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Not going well with these guys.

Order last Friday, told would have it by Wed. I got their offer emails but nothing about the order. Checked my account and money gone out and the order sat at picked and paid.

Rang them Tuesday was told I was sent 4 emails about it, but got nothing. Laptop was out of stock and wouldn't be in until the Friday week.
    I picked another and paid up on Tuesday, same thing has happened again, the laptop out of stock, no email or contact from them about it, I chanced a call this morning to check status.

Not impressed!

I had the problem of being short changed on my refund of an out of stock laptop. I spoke to one of my customers, who works in a bank, and they told me it was the currency exchange rate difference between buying and selling.

I am finding in general that September is a bad month for buying laptops. Prices in general have gone up by €20 - €30 across the board. I am putting this down to the fact that there are a lot of students buying equipment for school/college.

I was PC world last week and was shocked at 1) the lack of stock on the shelves and 2) the amount of people standing around waiting on service to by the last remaining, extremely overpriced notebooks.

I'm asking any customers of mine to hold off until October if they don't need a new computer right away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement