Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs Vacant/Help Needed Requests.

Options
  • 14-03-2011 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi All

This thread has been put in place to consolidate any help needed requests and vacant jobs in the Carlow region.
    This thread is intended to also encourage the use of local businesses and to advertise local Carlow based jobs that forum members are aware of.

The standard forum charter rules apply and it should be noted that the following are not allowed:
    1) Mobile or contact numbers - as this is a public forum it is best not to give out contact numbers, please provide these either via PM or a link to company website/golden pages etc
    2) No shilling of services allowed, if you are seen to be shilling your services or company then your post will be deleted. If you wish to offer your companies services then please contact the OP via PM.

Regards
    Tommy & Super-Rush

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

Hi i bought a sony ericsson vivaz but it's locked to meteor and i'm with o2 so need to unlock the phone can somebody please tell me where can i get it unlocked in carlow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Yea there's a phone doctor on Burrin St, its across the road from the post office, they usually have loads of flags hanging from the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

As per thread title , I'm kinda lost since the Asian store closed on Tullow Street. Tesco has a small selection but the prices are insane e.g €3.80 for 10 curry leaves , in the Asian store I could buy half a shopping bag of them for €2:80. Is there anywhere else in Carlow town that I could check?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

zeds alive wrote: »
    As per thread title , I'm kinda lost since the Asian store closed on Tullow Street. Tesco has a small selection but the prices are insane e.g €3.80 for 10 curry leaves , in the Asian store I could buy half a shopping bag of them for €2:80. Is there anywhere else in Carlow town that I could check?

Sounds a bit strange but check the African or Polish shops. I know herbal tea in the Polish shops are about 80cent a pack - rather than the 2.50 in Tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I thought there was a chinese store on Granby road, where granby stores used to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭dabestman1

tropical foods in tullow road

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

Thank for the above suggestions , I'll visit them both tomorrow. Where abouts is Tropical food located on the tullow road?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭dabestman1

opposite boylesports and millers pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tom traubert

I thought there was a chinese store on Granby road, where granby stores used to be?

That's long gone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 RyanP

Is there anywhere you can rent a van for a few hours/day.
    And what cost would it be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 woganm

Hi,

Can someone give me that number for Carlow, as my Sky is gone.

Thanks

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

RyanP wrote: »
    Is there anywhere you can rent a van for a few hours/day.
    And what cost would it be.

ive hired vans off f.m on the wexford road a few times but cant remember the cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FADG

I know its still there but they are crap with the opening hours and they dont really deliver, my friend David owned the paddy's Asia friend buy he returned to china.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 buttercupno5

does anyone know of a cheap cleaner for a small town house in carlow i would onlly need once a week.

I am also in need a handyman to just fix,put up a few things ie curtain pole,shower screen etc.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

Heading to a fancy dress party this weekend and the wife is looking for a fancy dress costume . Does anybody know if there is a fancy dress costume shop in the Carlow area :D

Thanks

Bo-Jangles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

BO-JANGLES wrote: »
    Heading to a fancy dress party this weekend and the wife is looking for a fancy dress costume . Does anybody know if there is a fancy dress costume shop in the Carlow area :D

Thanks

Bo-Jangles

Try these, used them for halloween got it next day. I think their in Port Laoise

http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/contact-us.html

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Try these, used them for halloween got it next day. I think their in Port Laoise

http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/contact-us.html

Yep. They are good and also have a lot of presence on boards.

Ronan runs a forum over here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Can anybody suggest somebody to service a stanley cooker/oil burner (that does the oil heating). I'm located in Fenagh

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tom traubert

racso1975 wrote: »
    Can anybody suggest somebody to service a stanley cooker/oil burner (that does the oil heating). I'm located in Fenagh

I've used Nolan Heat Services (I'm 99% sure his name is Michael) for our Stanley since we got it 6 years ago. He does all the boilers in the Aga group as well as Firebird etc.

He's the most local guy that I know of (lives in Old Leighlin). Tel no. is 087 - 2723618.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Does anybody know if i can do that PSA Security licence course in Carlow. (without having to go as far as Dublin) :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Does anybody know if i can do that PSA Security licence course in Carlow. (without having to go as far as Dublin) :confused:
    There are normally a few of them advertised in the Nationalist every week in the Dolmen Hotel / Seven Oaks.. If not let me know, I'll ask if there are anymore planned shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Guys

Anybody know of any dog grooming courses for beginners in carlow or surrounding counties? Don't want to pay a fortune for the course either.

I for some reason seemed to think that they ran a course in the VEC in town last September but when I looked at the latest curriculum list I don't see it on it.

regards
    Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

you were right they did used to run a dog grooming course in the vec. have you checked the vecs of neighbouring counties, or maybe ring the vec and ask if the intend on running it again?

alternatively maybe vets that offer dog grooming might know of courses?? not sure but i guess it's worth a try.

Thanks Nead

I hadn't thought of the neighboring VEC courses will check them later this evening at home.

Might give one or 2 of the vetrinary clinics with grooming facilities a bell aswell, thanks for the tips.

Regards
    Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

Anyone know of someone available for garden tidy up in the next few days? Just outside rathvilly.
    Will be working on it myself but an extra pair of hands always helps.

Hi Guys

I have updated post 1 on this thread to reflect that any jobs vacant can now also be advertised here and that it is being stickied once again following discussions with co-mods and category mods.

Regards
    Tommy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Jess18

Hi all,

Anyone know of any part-time jobs going around the town? I've tried EVERYWHERE and still got nothing. I can do any kind of work, retail, cleaning, childminding, etc.

I am studying Early Childhood Education & Care so weekend childminding, or babysitting in the evenings would be the ideal job for me, but like i said I'm willing to consider any kind of work!

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

There is always advertisements in The Nationalist looking for childminders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Jess18

Thanks Nead, I'll look out for them :)

Advertisement