Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

Kate84 wrote: »
    Yea mate, i'm all good! What bout yourself?

Hi Kate, I'm Derek. Lovely to meet you. My interests include long walks on the beach, cute animals, cookery, and a bit of rough. If you would like to know more, pm me. Regards, Derek.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok, enough of the flirting. That's not what this thread is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Hey biko ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hi Seaneh,
    Cheers for that! yea sounds good, just let me know when and where to meet :-)

Tomorrow at 9pm in the beertent in the market. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Howye. Anything happenin' in Galway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Howye. Anything happenin' in Galway?

Read above you:
    Seaneh wrote: »
    Tomorrow at 9pm in the beertent in the market. :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hi Seaneh,
    Cheers for that! yea sounds good, just let me know when and where to meet :-)

Kate we are in oconnella now. Pm me your number and ill direct you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mazzy91

Well how are ye? One of the girls I know is on this and she recommended it! Just wanna meet new people, go for a few drinks and have a laugh! The usual. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭primrose_lily

Mazzy91 wrote: »
    Well how are ye? One of the girls I know is on this and she recommended it! Just wanna meet new people, go for a few drinks and have a laugh! The usual. :)

She must be a mad one so! ;p haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mazzy91

She must be a mad one so! ;p haha

haha she's as daft as myself :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 DMC12

Hi, I've just moved to Galway for work! I don't really know anyone yet. Do you guys get up to much during the week around the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LShoxs89

Hi all :-)

I'm a 23 year old female living in Galway city at the moment. I'm currently in final year in Gmit, aiming for the masters next year in human rights perhaps. I'm considered very outgoing, considerate, witty, craiced but in a good way trustworthy and open minded. Travelling is a huge passion of mine, also love to cook, burlesque dancing, adrenaline sports etc. Heard many great things about this site, one can never have too many friend! :-)
    PM me if interested in hanging out :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pintoman10

any plans this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭PauricTheLodger

I've decided that I'm going to catch up on those films I've been too broke to head to the cinema to watch for the last while. So an Eye Cinema day tomorrow! (Sunday 9th)

Seven Psychopaths @ 14.20 (130min)
    Food @ Eddie Rockets or wherever (120min)
    Argo @ 18.40 (140min)
    Quick sandwich/pint (30min)
    Skyfall @ 21.30 ( 165min)

I think that's about €45 of a spending overall =)

If anyone wants to join in the fun, just pm and/or pop along!

Cheers,
    PTL

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BelgradeGirl

Hello!

My name is Jelica. I'm 31 and i'm from Belgrade, Serbia. My husband just got a job in Claregalway and is moving there in a month. Our child and me, a couple of months later. Of course, i know no one yet, and i'm little worried of being lonely in unknown place. I've never been in Ireland before. I've heard Irish are very friendly so, i still hope it won't be so hard finding new friends. I hope this topic will help me to meet some nice people from Galway and around.

So, was there any good gathering recently?

Welcome to Galway, and the forum
    There's usually a few meets per year, next one is this weekend.
    There's a book club.
    There's also a ladies club that meets, read the last post here

Thank you for your welcome and your response biko. Too bad i'm missing gathering this weekend, but i will probably be there for the next one. Can't wait to come to Galway. It's too damn freezing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

broke up about 2months ago with the girlfriend. took it easy since then, trying to get in touch with old mates that i didnt have time for when i was in a relationship.
    now trying to make more friends, going for drins with and talking about anything and everythng.

wont be back in the city till another week or so, anyone interesed send me private message and we'll interact before meet up.

male or female,

Anyone like to go Bowling or something one of the evenings? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭primrose_lily

im in too.

i havent played in years so itll be a game of 'gutter ball' rather then actual bowling hehe :p

let me know if ye pic a night :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Count me in too, haven't been bowling in over a year

Gutter Ball! :D I like it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert1782_

hi guys, id be up for bowling too if you guys are still making plans for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bigfluffycloud

Anyone based outside the city in their 30's on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 zackoin

Hi... My name's Isaac
    Just moved to Galway recently and I'm looking to meet new people over here. Also just turned 22 and really into music and having fun. Anyone who's into meeting up or any suggestions of venues?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nadia247

hello Is anybody still looking for a friend? I live in Galway and would like to meet some nice people. Let me know, please. My e-mail is [email]<snip>[/email]. Thanks!

Welcome zackoin and Nadia247 - to the forum and the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Nadia247

Thanks biko

Advertisement