Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-05-2012, 14:26   #2521
penev10

If you join the Wraiths at a high level it will be tough to find people to invade as I think you can only invade those with a higher level than you.

I'd build a new character and try a speed run to the Lord Vessel and then join the Wraiths. I did it but decided to experiment with a DEX character which was a bad move (DEX characters are good at lower levels but get progressively worse. I think the likes of the Artorias swords etc are for people who made a DEX character and then realise there no point in pumping souls into DEX after about 25)
Advertisement
04-05-2012, 22:33   #2522
PotatoSTALKER

I look forward to playing this on the pc, shame it will be using GFWL.
05-05-2012, 10:39   #2523
Issac

Remember, if all else fails: http://i.imgur.com/RVOnH.jpg
Thanks from:
07-05-2012, 16:57   #2524
2smiggy

about to head to the last boss , just wondering can i get back out of there if i want ? i am not going to fight him yet, just want to kill some back knights for their generous drops
07-05-2012, 17:07   #2525
ancapailldorcha

Send a message via Skype™ to ancapailldorcha
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2smiggy View Post
about to head to the last boss , just wondering can i get back out of there if i want ? i am not going to fight him yet, just want to kill some back knights for their generous drops
You can leave the area before you enter the white mist to fight him. During the fight you can use Homeward/Homeward Bone or die to return but you can enter the Kiln of the First Flame and farm the knight with no problem.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-05-2012, 17:09   #2526
2smiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancapailldorcha View Post
You can leave the area before you enter the white mist to fight him. During the fight you can use Homeward/Homeward Bone or die to return but you can enter the Kiln of the First Flame and farm the knight with no problem.
thanks ! could not remember on first playthrough. i will beef up my weapons before i murder all of the nasty blacksmiths
08-05-2012, 21:25   #2527
danthefan
Closed Account

Big Fire Spider Woman (Quelag or something) down. Not too hard tbh, fire resist gear plus lots of blocking. Killed he on the 2nd attempt, first try got one shotted by something or other. And a big scary ominous gate has opened. Exciting times.

Also, the Fire Keeper at Firelink appears to have died and the bonfire has gone out.
08-05-2012, 21:28   #2528
noodler

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthefan View Post

Also, the Fire Keeper at Firelink appears to have died and the bonfire has gone out.

Thats actually your fault!
08-05-2012, 22:19   #2529
Issac

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodler View Post
Thats actually your fault!
Ha ha! It's funny 'cause it's true! You can give payback for this a bit later if you want. This is a great game.
Advertisement
09-05-2012, 19:53   #2530
danthefan
Closed Account

Iron Golem down. Found the area quite tough, got way way through it but died before reaching a bonfire which was painful, lost about 12k souls too

The boss wasn't too bad, rolled off the edge a few times but other than that he was grand.

Also starting using the Lightning Spear which I got and upgraded, doesn't do as much damage per hit as the Black Knight Sword for me but it's quicker and can obviously block while using it.

Do I need to go to the blacksmith to upgrade a weapon to +5? Doesn't seem to be an option at the bonfire.

Have I mentioned I love this game?
10-05-2012, 10:53   #2531
Issac

Quote:
Iron Golem down. Found the area quite tough, got way way through it but died before reaching a bonfire which was painful, lost about 12k souls too

The boss wasn't too bad, rolled off the edge a few times but other than that he was grand.

Also starting using the Lightning Spear which I got and upgraded, doesn't do as much damage per hit as the Black Knight Sword for me but it's quicker and can obviously block while using it.

Do I need to go to the blacksmith to upgrade a weapon to +5? Doesn't seem to be an option at the bonfire.

Have I mentioned I love this game?
Don't worry about the 12K souls - you'll easily make those up later.

As for the lightening spear these need titanite chunks to be upgraded (as any lightening weapon does). Do you have many of those? I don't think you need to get to a blacksmith but the one in Anor Londo can make lightening weapons so you don't have far to go anyways.
I always preferred the Black Knight Sword, did me for the entire first play through right up to the end when I ended up picking up the Black Knight Axe. Are you going with a strength build or?
13-05-2012, 22:01   #2532
danthefan
Closed Account

I've gone back to the Black Knight Sword. It actually does way more damage for me than the Lightning Spear.

Going through Anor Londo now. Had one go at Ornstein and Smough but got smacked about. Will try again tomorrow.

May farm some souls or something to upgrade the Black Knight Sword, the blacksmith there sells Twinkling Titanite, 8k a pop though.
14-05-2012, 11:36   #2533
penev10

Quote:
8k a pop though.
Put your summon sign down at the start of the bridge before O&S (where you fight the first Gargoyle). This will let you get a bit of practice on the bosses and earn some mega souls if they're defeated. You could go back and do the same before the Iron Golem which would give you less souls but would be easier.

You could also base yourself at the first bonfire in the castle and keep getting the local silver knights to respawn. Easy souls if a bit tedious.
14-05-2012, 12:43   #2534
Issac

Quote:
Originally Posted by penev10 View Post
Put your summon sign down at the start of the bridge before O&S (where you fight the first Gargoyle).
Probably better put it at the bonfire near the silver nights, no? That's where I think most summoning happens around there. One of my favourite parts of the game was getting summoned for S&O fight. If you want cheat and easy souls there's always darkroot gardens...
14-05-2012, 14:02   #2535
noodler

I get the most summon success on the steps right before Smough and Ornstein.

Quite alot of success actually.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion