Mass Effect 3 - Page 42 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-02-2012, 07:57   #616
pixelburp

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky penguin View Post
Maybe we should wait for the whole game before passing judgement.
Isn't that the whole point of a demo though - to give players a chance to judge the game before deciding whether to purchase? Seems a fair opportunity to me.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-02-2012, 08:21   #617
funky penguin
Closed Account

Very true! It isn't a black and white issue I suppose. I think I was mainly referring to the story of ME3 (which in my opinion is the franchise's strongest aspect....or should be). Should have been clear on that!

The demo cannot give a rounded view of the game's plot as they are two completely separate scenes take out of context. I'd imagine Bioware wouldn't want to give too much story away too. Maybe they could have given a small shock surprise in the demo, but I'm not sure how I'd like that..... :/
16-02-2012, 09:02   #618
sheehy83
Wanted Level

Yeah, it just wants to give a taste of what decisions will be like, either Ash or Kaiden will show up. Either way, they just wanted to show off the action of the game. I cannot wait to play this and travel the universe looking for backup. I'd say there are gonna be a lot of hard decisions to make.

Anyone else start laughing when the cliched Spoiler: kid got blown to pieces
16-02-2012, 09:05   #619
Liamario

Send a message via MSN to Liamario
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheehy83 View Post
Anyone else start laughing when the cliched Spoiler: kid got blown to pieces
NO!

But then again, you're from Limerick
16-02-2012, 09:06   #620
sheehy83
Wanted Level

Jaysus Liam that was harsh
Advertisement
16-02-2012, 09:08   #621
Liamario

Quote:
Jaysus Liam that was harsh
I blame my upbringing
16-02-2012, 09:09   #622
sheehy83
Wanted Level

Not that I condone Spoiler: kids being blown up but my malesehp had the emotions of a cardboard box when it happened and it was suppose to be this epic set piece that that made you care about humanity and want to save it. Sheps only mission should be to get under Tali's mask again!
16-02-2012, 09:15   #623
funky penguin
Closed Account

Yes, I lost because I laughed....a lot. I think it's because I wasn't expecting it.
16-02-2012, 09:16   #624
Liamario

That's the thing Sheehy....
you see Shepherd as some sort of intergalatic gigolo who saves the universe when he's taking a break from clunge plunging.
I see him as some sort of intergalatic hero who plunges clunge while taking a break from saving the universe.
Advertisement
16-02-2012, 09:19   #625
sheehy83
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamario View Post
clunge plunging.
OOOOHHHHHHH YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

(2) thanks from:
16-02-2012, 09:22   #626
Liamario

Quote:
OOOOHHHHHHH YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

(3) thanks from:
16-02-2012, 09:25   #627
sheehy83
Wanted Level

HAHAHA thats brilliant! I was actually gonna change Sheps appearance for ME3 but think I will keep it now for those 2 pics alone.
Thanks from:
16-02-2012, 11:30   #628
Sarky
Closed Account

My hat goes off to Bioware for all their hard work. I didn't think it was even remotely possible to make a mass invasion of Earth by a near infinite swarm of sentient machines to feel bland and not even a little bit threatening, but by gum they managed to find a way.

Mechanically it felt decent enough, no great changes. The omni-tool knife stab is clunky. At least on the XBox, shepherd seems to suffer from crippling indecision over whether pushing A means "stop hiding behind a wall" or "DO A BARREL ROLL", leading to a few stupid deaths. Couple of nice additions to the enemy armoury. Riot shields and engineers dropping murderously efficient turrets and proper grenades and such. Makes for some hairy gunfights, where quite frankly pausing the action to issue commands is going to be necessary, so screw the Kinect.

It was nice to see a little more depth to the upgrade system. Botox seems to be standard Alliance Marine upgrade fare, Ashley looked like a hooker. And Jesus, that thing Spoiler: with the kid was the lamest attempt at emotional manipulation I've ever seen.

It looks like it'll be fairly good action wise, but the writing and dialogue and the pacing of the opening has left me luke-warm.

Last edited by Sarky; 16-02-2012 at 11:41. Reason: couple of typos
16-02-2012, 12:39   #629
sheehy83
Wanted Level

Just read an interesting thread on official forums and I was thinking the exact same when playing the demo. When Shep is in the Spoiler: Normandy watching the Reapers blow up the transport shuttles, why oh why didn't the Reapers just blow up the Normandy instead. They were in a stationary position and easy target. Shep and the Normandy are well know to the Reapers and thought they would be the 1st target. Anyway, just something I noticed, I would go as far as they are on the official forums 'ZOMG I just cancelled my preorder!!!!'
16-02-2012, 12:43   #630
Mr Freeze

Quote:
ZOMG I just cancelled my preorder!!!!'
Is that happening on the ME3 forums?
Have you a link to that, till I have a read for the craic....

On another note, there is a massive difference between the Reapers in ME3 compared to the Reaper in ME1. Sovereign was supposed to be super intelligent and far superior to any biological being, so that's where I got my impression of the Reapers.

From the ME3 demo, they seem nothing more than a bunch of metal King Kongs with Lasers. I thought a super intelligent being would eradicate earth by some other means, instead of just trampling it.

Last edited by Mr Freeze; 16-02-2012 at 12:49.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion