Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

PS3 Collector's edition has gone back on sale on Gamestop.ie. think it's gotten a price reduction too. Limited quantities.
    http://www.gamestop.ie/42178_PlayStation_3_Mass_Effect_3_N7_Collectors_Edition.aspx
    €77.97 or pretty much €80 delivered.

Personally I think it's fairly disgraceful to drop the price like that before the game is out and still charge the higher price to those that have had it preordered for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Any one here order the xbox ce with express from gamestop and have it delivered yet? Me cousin just recieved his ps3 ce down here, but no sign of me xbox version, same with one of me mates.

Didn't even get the dispatch email, where me cousin did.

And wtf is with the price reduction?? Nice way to shaft people who pre-ordered from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Is anyone thinking of getting Infiltrator for the iPad/iPhone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

dead one is banned for promoting piracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Pretty releaved from ashes doesnt add anything to the lore or gameplay.
    Reading nearly every review so far I can see says its just not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Has anyone got a GameStop dispatch email for the CE? Lots of people complaining on their FB page. Seems standard copies have shipped, CEs haven't

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

How much was the CE originally?

Just doing a quick tot up in my head:

Game: worth 45e
    From Ashes: probably going to cost 10e
    Soundtrack: Another 10e
    Artbook etc: Maybe another 10e.

Seems just about worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Healium wrote: »
    Has anyone got a GameStop dispatch email for the CE? Lots of people complaining on their FB page. Seems standard copies have shipped, CEs haven't
    blaa85 wrote: »
    Me cousin just recieved his ps3 ce down here, but no sign of me xbox version, same with one of me mates.

Didn't even get the dispatch email, where me cousin did.

Hit and miss probably, you order xbox or ps3? i was wondering if it's only affecting xbox orders

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man how crap is that preordering it for ages with GS only for them to drop the price the day before release and not pass the price on existing preorders.

Is From Ashes on the PSN yet does anyone know?

edit: Oh, and the reversible game cover to have femshep on the front is class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

sheehy83 wrote: »

Yes it is up and is priced at €9.99 , go to ps3 add-on's to find it.

• Advertisement

Thanks man, I'm gonna pick it up later. I'm hearing very meh things about it but looking back I'm really glad I played arrival. Plus the trophy whore in me wants the 2 trophies attached to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Will be picking it up myself as I picked up a €20 psn card during the week for it , used the €15 credit on my Game card so it only cost me €5:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ghouldaddy

Anyone know if Tesco retail outlets are stocking this?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Just opened the package from gamestop, never got my dogtags :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Played a few hours of this and its... grand, I suppose. It's not a great game and comes across as kind of more of the same, but it's a fun diversion. The writing is atrocious. You wouldn't find it in an 80's action movie. It really is the worst kind of ham-fisted bravado and forced sentiment that Michael Bay comes up with. But if you're willing to forgive that, then you can get into the swing of things and have some fun.

Scanning planets is totally toned down, so it doesn't mean going over every inch of the planet (you basically click your scanner and it tells you where to go), and there's extra incentive for doing it right and doing it quickly. ;)

The War Assets gimmick is pretty much the same as the ship research in ME2, but it's more fullfilling here and there's a bit more of a story surrounding different aspects of it (I won't go into any details as it might be spoiler-ish, but I'll say that it's got more purpose and makes you want to get as high a rating as you can).

GFX are grand. The models are excellent (apart from their mouths, which look kind of creepy), but the main levels seem very stuffy. I was actually surprised at how small the citadel is (it might open up later, but at the moment it's tiny).

The action is pretty much the same as before. Some people hated it, but I liked it. It's not too deep, but there's plenty or room to try different tactics if you want to. I was a bit thrown by the lack of an inventory, and the weapons loadout screen really needs instructions. But once you figure it out, it makes a tiny bit of sense.

What makes no sense is the weapons ammo system. I think it's the same as they had in ME2 (but can't remember as I've played so many different games recently that they're blending into one). Basically, there's one type of ammo drop but your weapons have individual ammo stockpiles. So your sniper rifle takes 9 shots and your pistol has 30. But when you run out of sniper shots, you can't use your pistol shots ammo instead. And to refill both ammo piles, you pick up the one ammo container.

I know it's sci-fi, but even magic doesn't explain why that would work.

Those are the main bad points that I've found so far. But I'm still enjoying it. I just don't think I'll be give it another thought in a months time. It kind of cements the fact that Bioware have lost their mojo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just opened the package from gamestop, never got my dogtags :mad:

:pac:
    Email them if you want them. They should be able to sort you out.

My PC collector's edition hasn't shipped from Amazon yet. They really are brutal for launch day deliveries. BRUTAL. Thank god I wont be home until thursday. Probably just in time or it to be delivered.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    dead one is banned for promoting piracy.

Am delighted with this. Some arrogance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

HMV are doing this for 8 euro if you trade in metal gear solid collection, or I think its UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ghouldaddy wrote: »
    Anyone know if Tesco retail outlets are stocking this?

Yeah €60 though

How could anyone want to get rid of the metal gear collection.

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Yeah €60 though

Cheers man, Might try my luck at midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Man how crap is that preordering it for ages with GS only for them to drop the price the day before release and not pass the price on existing preorders.

edit: Oh, and the reversible game cover to have femshep on the front is class
    If they haven't shipped it yet, as suggested in other posts, just cancel your order and place a new one at the reduced price.
    Or if you mean in a physical shop, well do the same thing pretty much.

If they haven't shipped it yet, as suggested in other posts, just cancel your order and place a new one at the reduced price.
    Or if you mean in a physical shop, well do the same thing pretty much.

Ah no, I didn't order with them at all, just saying it's crap in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Did origin drop their price too or am i imagining it was 54.99 a few months ago?

cant check my cc as they (origin) havent billed me for it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

humanji wrote: »
    What makes no sense is the weapons ammo system. I think it's the same as they had in ME2 (but can't remember as I've played so many different games recently that they're blending into one). Basically, there's one type of ammo drop but your weapons have individual ammo stockpiles. So your sniper rifle takes 9 shots and your pistol has 30. But when you run out of sniper shots, you can't use your pistol shots ammo instead. And to refill both ammo piles, you pick up the one ammo container.

I know it's sci-fi, but even magic doesn't explain why that would work.

Weren't paying attention or reading your codex entries in ME1 or ME2 I see. All guns use the same heat sinks not ammo. All guns use a small mass effect field to accelerate a small slug of metal at very high speed, all guns have a block of metal and a very small slug is sheered off each time and accelerated to a % of the speed of light so even though the metal is very small its the very high speed that make them lethal. All weapons essentially have unlimited ammo, its the heat that's the limiting factor. All guns generate heat at a different rate so some get more shots from the same heat sink and some less.

In ME1 all guns used the same principle but cooled down with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Anyone know HMV/Gamestop/Xtravision prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, but the problem is why can't you take the thermal clips you have your pistol and move them into your sniper rifle when that runs out.

For which I believe the reasoning is simple - iirc you never see Shep load the gun, just pop the dead clip out. So it stands to reason that those thermal clips showing for each weapon were loaded into the gun when you got them, and it's just not possible to get them out.

While the sciencey explanation of disposable heatsinks is amazingly dumb, I much prefer the gameplay dynamic of the thermal clips - in ME1, combat was fire till overheated, cover, repeat. in ME2 you needed to be careful with your shots, and switch up weapons in long firefights.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Raphael wrote: »
    Yeah, but the problem is why can't you take the thermal clips you have your pistol and move them into your sniper rifle when that runs out.

For which I believe the reasoning is simple - iirc you never see Shep load the gun, just pop the dead clip out. So it stands to reason that those thermal clips showing for each weapon were loaded into the gun when you got them, and it's just not possible to get them out.

I always thought form the animation that when the new sink is pushed in, the old one is forced out the opposite side of the weapon.

The sinks are a shared pool from what I can see. Say one sink gets you 20 shots from your pistol, the same you get you say 8 from a sniper rifle as it generates more heat when firing. That's how I see the theory working anyway and makes sense in that way if you think about it. Like putting 10 litres in a 1l Micra or 3l BMW, which will get you more mileage versus performance.

ooooooo naughty Bioware, 'From Ashes' files found on the disk. I don't care anymore but interesting none the less.

http://crystalprisonzone.blogspot.com/2012/03/bioware-day-one-dlc-developed.html

Got_A_Bad_feeling.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can anyone tell me if you can buy From Ashes on the pc with Bioware Points, or is it money only? And if so, how much is it?

In work, and can't check myself at the moment.

Advertisement