electric showers - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
30-10-2010, 22:12   #16
Sigma Force
Registered User
 
Sigma Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,917
Got tired of our T90s breaking because of limescale so we installed a water filter but I've found they only last about 2 years anyway one we have now next time I'm trying another brand not sure if it will make a difference they just don't seem to last very long.
Sigma Force is offline  
Advertisement
01-11-2010, 17:14   #17
Daisy!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 362
Hi there. Does anyone know where I could get the switch box of a power shower....you know the white box with the red light and string that you have to pull to turn the shower on? Ours has gone. We opened it up and it looks like the spring part is broken. Checked in Woodies and they don't stock them...does anywhere or is this a job for a plumber? Thanks.
Daisy! is offline  
01-11-2010, 19:24   #18
Joey the lips
Stealing Hugs Chasing Kisses
 
Joey the lips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Frankfurts way
Posts: 9,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy! View Post
Hi there. Does anyone know where I could get the switch box of a power shower....you know the white box with the red light and string that you have to pull to turn the shower on? Ours has gone. We opened it up and it looks like the spring part is broken. Checked in Woodies and they don't stock them...does anywhere or is this a job for a plumber? Thanks.
Pull cord switch and back box. In an electrical wholesale or retailer...

eg T O Reilly

I am amazed woodies dont do them. I would not get them in b&q. I would imagine they do the cheap ****ty ones. Tell the folks in the electrical shop you dont want it getting stuck in a year.
Joey the lips is offline  
Thanks from:
02-11-2010, 17:42   #19
Daisy!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey the lips View Post
Pull cord switch and back box. In an electrical wholesale or retailer...

eg T O Reilly

I am amazed woodies dont do them. I would not get them in b&q. I would imagine they do the cheap ****ty ones. Tell the folks in the electrical shop you dont want it getting stuck in a year.
Thanks Joey, picked one up in an Electrical Wholesale place in Swords today, thanks. Woodies seem to do every little part of a shower except what I needed
Daisy! is offline  
02-11-2010, 22:03   #20
Rob113
Registered User
 
Rob113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey the lips View Post

Pumped Electric Showers
This the most common type of shower on the market that is electric powered supply.The water is pumped and heated at the same time. This provides instant hot water which is useful if you fail to set the immersion however it is a little louder than all the other showers. This uses cold water from the attic storage tank. This must not be connected to a mains water .This is available in many power sizes ie 8.5 / 9.5 /10.8 however becuase of the irish system of electric only arriving at 220volts you will generally only get 8.5 kw no matter what model you go for. Its life span varies but usually suffers from over use becuase its the most convienent shower. showering!
Joey,

I have a triton t90 and from your posts above I reckon it must be fed from the tank. Does the temperature of the water in the tank have any bearing on the heat of the water coming from the shower.

I was on here last year looking for advice as I thought the element was gone in the shower. The water was only mildly Luke warm coming out. Didn't do anything about it though cause I was smashed at the time and the problem seemed to have sorted itself out, strangely enough as the weather got milder. Worked like a dream all summer but vie noticed a dramatic drop in the temperature of the water coming out of the shower these last 2 weeks.

Is it just coincidence or is the shower just playing up?
Rob113 is offline  
Advertisement
03-11-2010, 17:45   #21
Joey the lips
Stealing Hugs Chasing Kisses
 
Joey the lips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Frankfurts way
Posts: 9,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob113 View Post
Joey,

I have a triton t90 and from your posts above I reckon it must be fed from the tank. Does the temperature of the water in the tank have any bearing on the heat of the water coming from the shower.

I was on here last year looking for advice as I thought the element was gone in the shower. The water was only mildly Luke warm coming out. Didn't do anything about it though cause I was smashed at the time and the problem seemed to have sorted itself out, strangely enough as the weather got milder. Worked like a dream all summer but vie noticed a dramatic drop in the temperature of the water coming out of the shower these last 2 weeks.

Is it just coincidence or is the shower just playing up?
Sounds like your heating element is going. If the pump was going you would also notice that noise change as well..
Joey the lips is offline  
08-11-2010, 18:47   #22
captainboaby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Hi, I've just joined the board to ask a question thanks. Can anyone help with a very high pitched triton t90xr shower, only happened 2 weeks ago. Temperature control and water pressure are normal. From other threads I see folk are saying it happens and it coincides with another problem in the shower unit but everything else works fine, in fact the solenoid is brand new.
Ta for your help
captainboaby is offline  
15-11-2010, 09:30   #23
bbability
Moderator
 
bbability's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,883
Shower too hot

Folks I have a triton aspirante electric shower. When it's on the the high setting it's too hot. When its on the medium setting I have it a number 8 to get it to temp. Ive bought a new shower head thinking it would cure the problem but no such luck. Oh I'm one of those peoe who cleans the shower head every 10 days or so. The water in my area wouldn't be great so I'm thinking heater element?

Its 5 yrs old this month. Would I be better off replacing the shower?
bbability is offline  
15-11-2010, 10:52   #24
Joey the lips
Stealing Hugs Chasing Kisses
 
Joey the lips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Frankfurts way
Posts: 9,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainboaby View Post
Hi, I've just joined the board to ask a question thanks. Can anyone help with a very high pitched triton t90xr shower, only happened 2 weeks ago. Temperature control and water pressure are normal. From other threads I see folk are saying it happens and it coincides with another problem in the shower unit but everything else works fine, in fact the solenoid is brand new.
Ta for your help
It sounds like the motor, Its brushes might be going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbability View Post
Folks I have a triton aspirante electric shower. When it's on the the high setting it's too hot. When its on the medium setting I have it a number 8 to get it to temp. Ive bought a new shower head thinking it would cure the problem but no such luck. Oh I'm one of those peoe who cleans the shower head every 10 days or so. The water in my area wouldn't be great so I'm thinking heater element?

Its 5 yrs old this month. Would I be better off replacing the shower?
Is the head you bought a triton head? When you say aspirante is it a T80 aspirante or a T90 aspirante...
Joey the lips is offline  
Advertisement
15-11-2010, 15:07   #25
bbability
Moderator
 
bbability's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,883
It's a triton shower head alright. The shower has no model number although it's silver if that helps and also sounds v noisey/whiney. My folks have same shower, same age but sounds alot quieter
bbability is offline  
15-11-2010, 16:12   #26
Joey the lips
Stealing Hugs Chasing Kisses
 
Joey the lips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Frankfurts way
Posts: 9,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbability View Post
It's a triton shower head alright. The shower has no model number although it's silver if that helps and also sounds v noisey/whiney. My folks have same shower, same age but sounds alot quieter
Is it a T80 or a T90.

t80 Mains fed.

t90 Tank fed.

This is important. You need to check
Joey the lips is offline  
18-11-2010, 22:47   #27
Malachy Fahy
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1
You should try get the same type that you had before to make it easy to install it.
Malachy Fahy is offline  
29-11-2010, 21:38   #28
bbability
Moderator
 
bbability's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,883
update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey the lips View Post
Is it a T80 or a T90.

t80 Mains fed.

t90 Tank fed.

This is important. You need to check
Its a T90. It seems the heater element is gone. So I'll think I'll just get a new shower. Comes with 2 year warranty compared with 6 months on a repair.
bbability is offline  
Thanks from:
09-12-2010, 12:04   #29
jection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Re:plumbing

Please read the charter before posting.... Please read the general charter as its your first post...

Last edited by Joey the lips; 09-12-2010 at 13:22.
jection is offline  
12-12-2010, 13:00   #30
redstarblanch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7
I have a Mira Elite ST. I worked fine ontil last night, when during a shower the pump motor started to speed up and the shower stops working. The low pressure light now comes on when I test it. I checked the filter and its clean and water supply seems ok. Anyone got any ideas?
redstarblanch is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet