Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what style do you hate?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Lia_lia wrote: »
    ?

Frizzy hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

Wearing PJ's in public - no way, dudes!

Also I have a big bum and legs so I'm aloud to say this: big girls in skinny jeans, OMG did no one tell them... I can't even pull them up, I don't know how some of them do!

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

The maternity clothes on women who aren't pregnant :D
    And the belly tops on guys :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

caseyann wrote: »
    And the belly tops on guys :confused:

I have never, and hope to never, encounter this...I thought tank tops were bad, but belly tops?!

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    I have never, and hope to never, encounter this...I thought tank tops were bad, but belly tops?!

Yep a few guys actually wearing them and think they are hot lol.
    It just looks wrong :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

therealme wrote: »
    NO to girls with jersey on match day????????

Yes, it looks horrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MsDarcy

I have noticed a new emerging trend ... I have christianed those who follow it "rihanbees" as in rihanna wannabes, in the sense that they all have like that short boy cut with one side shaved and they think they're being edgy and cool but they all look exactly like each other... if that makes any sense lol

Also wannabe hipster types .. to a very certain extent I like the style but some people are a bit ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

baz2009 wrote: »
    Since when do "knackers" have an "indy" look?:confused:

I hate the lad D4 style, tbh, it's grand if you're like 10 or 11, but not when you're over 17 years old, at most.

Goth, too, just can't stand the whole drearyness of it.
    lol I've actually noticed this as well. Indy seems to be the new uniform of skangers. They all wear chequered shirts and those annoying woolly hats now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

MsDarcy wrote: »
    I have noticed a new emerging trend ... I have christianed those who follow it "rihanbees" as in rihanna wannabes, in the sense that they all have like that short boy cut with one side shaved and they think they're being edgy and cool but they all look exactly like each other... if that makes any sense lol

In town one evening with the missus and we pass a gaggle of girls dolled to the nines on the way out, but they were all wearing high heels with them really thick fluffy socks, and short skirts/dresses. It looked ridiculous. All nicely dressed up and then THOSE SOCKS. The gf informed me that Rihanna dressed like that to some awards show or other recently. Sad state of affairs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Pythia wrote: »
    Frizzy hair.

Oh right, I thought you meant generally un-straightened hair and was like whaaat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Anything that refers back to the 80s. For people who weren't around in the 80s, and think this style is "cool", they will never know how horrific the 80s actually were fashion-wise, it wasn't cool suits with skinny ties, it was manky patterned jumpers with stone wash jeans and rubbish shoes, topped off with a mullet. Or you've got the trenchcoat with sleeves pulled up look, favoured by AOR soft rockers all across the globe.

Anyway enough about what was then, what is now is a version of the 80s that never really existed. All the designers have gone that way. Even Diesel, that last bastion of decent designs for men, have produced t shirts with neon or studs on them. I mean, why?? And the haircuts - those fluffy on top, parted to the side haircuts are just awful. Fellas sporting this haircut look like they're in boybands from the 80s. Not cool. Skinny jeans on men - that is not a good look, especially if you've got skinny legs (which ironically is the only type that will fit into skinny jeans). My generation fought the flares wars and dammit we're gonna fight back! Us manly big muscley-thighed men have a place too! :-)

Those lurid multi-coloured hi tops. If someone had actually worn them in the 80s, they've had been shot. Wearing a tie over a t shirt. Ties are for shirts. SHIRTS. Same goes for waistcoasts. Unless you have a big beard and are in The Band in the 70s, don't wear a waistcoat over a t shirt.

All Saints (shop) style - that wide neck t shirt look, creased grey dull boring clothes with tight jeans TUCKED IN to boots. WT, and furthermore, F?? Topshop is getting as bad, it used to be reliable for plain decent t shirts and shirts but now you can't get one that a) doesn't have a scoop neck, b) doesn't have some "ironic" logo on it, or c) isn't neon.

I guess I'm just stuck in the 90s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

SugarHigh wrote: »
    lol I've actually noticed this as well. Indy seems to be the new uniform of skangers. They all wear chequered shirts and those annoying woolly hats now.

Since when are they indy clothes?
    Rarely will you see a skanger in a shirt if it's not a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

skangers are gone mad for the indy thing, theres clubs in town full of them at weekends, and also the polo shirts with all the buttons done up to the top-an english essex boy thing thats creeped in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

camo%20muffin.jpg

muffintop.jpg

I know its not a style, but anyone who goes out in public carrying on with this malarkey should be fined or something. The warmer the weather gets, the more encounters i have with these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

People who look like they play or are obsessed with rugby especially college jocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Cannot abide the fake look -ya know the fake hair, fake tan, fake nails, fake eyelashes with fake melons popping out of the 'designer' dress whilst drinking fake bubbly through fake teeth. But only because it all matches the fake personality underneath. Hate matchy matchy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Rihanna wannabes, Hayley Williams (the screechy one from Paramore) wannabes, Cheryl Cole wannabes.... ugh I just hate when you walk down Henry St/Grafton St and see groups of girls, one after the other, all the same.

I hate "Topshop style"- super skinny jeans and a massive jumper/checkered shirt with a "random" scorf and dolly shoes. With the backcombed hair and a huge bag. Ok, without the backcombed hair, it's probably an alright outfit- but not when it's being sported by her, her 5 mates and every other girl on Grafton St

I hate hate hate hate when people get liquid eyeliner happy, drives me demented.

Also in no particular order: girls who draw on moles- why? Lads in skinny jeans, them boob hats on either sex, coloured extensions and anything that encourages ugg boots, tracksuit bottoms, hoodies and backcombed hair in the one outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Everyone to their own. I don't believe/follow a certain "trend", if I like it then I will wear it, regardless whether its indie mixed with chav and a dash of goth. (Not my "style" by the way)

flag123 wrote: »
    Get back to the farmer hat and jeans and watch a GAA match.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭secondattempt

SugarHigh wrote: »

Me too, I started to notice it a while ago. Maybe labelling people skangers is a bit harsh in some cases but defo straightened hair, skinny jeans, those check shirts etc. have a "new" following.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭MissMotivated

I'm a bit lost, how does straightened hair and skinny jeans make someone a scanger?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lookingfor?

So basicly to you the hole of urban outfitters for men is for scambags what next comeing from the person who gets there stuff in panneys
    so long hair and skinny jeans on guys aka me is srumbags :eek:
    so to you nurnel drass is white runners with big baggey jeans and henlays t-shirts is your style
    but guys who look after them selfs are srumbags this site is so funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

the state of you. you actually sound like a bell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lookingfor?

On to you say what why you dress you have no why to bad mouth orther peaple for the why they dress

On to you say what why you dress you have no why to bad mouth orther peaple for the why they dress

Dont worry about what other people dont like clothes wise,thats why taste is different.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Skinny Jeans. I wouldn't say I hate them but I just don't get their appeal, it must be only me because everyone seems to be wearing them these days. I was at a festival in Denmark 5 years ago and all the scandinavians were wearing them, me and my friends couldnt understand it. 3 years later and the style really hit Ireland/England and now some of my friends wear them. They don't look all that bad on guys but I reckon women need to have a very specific type of figure to pull them off i.e. skinny waist but not too skinny and the taller the better.

I think I'll just stick to my boring old boot cut jeans for now.

EDIT: I'd also like to mention check shirts like this one
    pscs1_2.jpg

I see an awful lot of guys wearing them these days, especially in pubs/nightclubs on the weekends. Again I don't hate them but I just don't get the appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

gonnaplayrugby

You picked up an infraction yesterday. Are you really going to continue to post like this, because if you do, you won't be doing it in F&A.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

so to you nurnel drass is white runners with big baggey jeans and henlays t-shirts is your style
    but guys who look after them selfs are srumbags this site is so funny

Excellent point. Apart maybe from the very end :D

And again... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Big fake nails, white bleached hair, especially if straightened to within an inch of its life, tracksuits that have never experienced any athletic activity, pyjamas that see more daylight than darkness, orange make up, fake or sunbed tans, black rimmed eyes with anaemic lips, HUGE bags,

*draws breath*

eyebrows plucked into a pencil thin arch, butt tattoos, neck tattoos, rugby shirts, footballs shirts anywhere except at a match, visible panty lines, obvious bra straps, clothes two sizes to small, waistband overhang, big hoop earrings a parrot can perch on, leggings worn with short tops, short sleeved men's shirts worn with ties, men's suit trousers worn sans belt, any form of neon or slogan bearing t-shirt.

And sandal with socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

It's not a style that bugs me but I don't understand people who pidgeon hole themselves in one specific stereotype or style. This has been on my mind lately because I was at a fairly ropey punk festival at the weekend and was the only girl there that wasn't a hardcore punk or billyrocker and instead looked like a total floaty hippy. All weekend I was getting looks from real extremo punk chicks simply because I wasn't 'one of them' and so was considered sub-human or whatever (even though I love punk music, go to plenty of gigs and have always had punk friends :rolleyes:). I think it's sad that so many people become so obsessed with a single stereotype whatever it may be and that prevents them from being able to appreciate different styles of clothes, music, philosophy etc.. or even different people! I think that's more annoying than someone wearing skinny jeans or not bothering to straighten their hair. Not sure how relevant this is to the thread but anyway :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I agree with the person who mentioned the 'Topshop' style. Some of their clothes are so trend driven and ridiculous that the wearers will looks back in 2 years time and wonder "WHAT was I thinking", same goes for Urban Outfitters. Overpriced, poorly made tat. And they think they're the living end, it drives me mad. This whole hipster thing seems to have spread here from America in the past 2 years, now we've got American Apparel to contribute to that.

I can't stand people who think they're stylish and better than you because their clothes are from a certain store - but 'thrifting' is trendy now apparently as well.

I hate this floral trend, florals bloody everywhere and what annoys me is that they're not done well either, most of them look cheap. I used to like florals before this.

Check shirts everywhere. Everywhere. They're nice. But when they're on every second guy or 'indie' girls, it would be nice to see a bit of originality.

Advertisement