Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ABC & FOX ban plus sized lingerie model commercial

Options
  • 24-04-2010 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

The commercial:

Her reaction:

How stupid, I mean what message are they sending to people banning such a commercial? ABC refused to show it during/after Dancing With The Stars because it shows "too much skin", now I am sorry but the irony of that is sickening. She is a beautiful woman and it is nice to see them portrayed in the media, shame the broadcasters are too narrow minded.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Typical pathetic American moral puritanism. TBH that country is still in the dark ages in social terms - no problem executing someone with a firing squad but a bit of flesh is deemed obsecne.

A society with a very warped sense of priorities.:(

Or it a could be a ploy of actually getting some "controversy" going to get the product and the model noticed. Banning pop songs in the past made them go to No.1.

Relax, anyone?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Nice bazunkas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

*boing*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Dan is a lucky b**tard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

More cushin for the pushin! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

jaysus, not bad, not bad at all:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ban the skinny bitches commericals!! THIS is a damn fine woman!

*wipes drool off keyboard*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

That's a real woman. (not really, she's far too good looking).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Duggy747 wrote: »
    *wipes drool off keyboard*

Are you sure thats all it was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Poll added.

In my pants!:D

• Advertisement

Stinicker wrote: »
    Are you sure thats all it was?

That's what I call "it" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

What a let down, like I always liked to see those add's on the TV, my tired eyes just cant focus on the skinnies. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

How could any man stand over the decision to ban that ad??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Jaysus my type of woman, mmmmmmmmmmm Jonjo likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,044 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Typical pathetic American moral puritanism. TBH that country is still in the dark ages in social terms - no problem executing someone with a firing squad but a bit of flesh is deemed obsecne.

Or it a could be a ploy of actually getting some "controversy" going to get the product and the model noticed. Banning pop songs in the past made them go to No.1.

... and we're not...???

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Closes thread.

I need to..eh.. check the validity of the video.

Fcukin hell.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

JupiterKid wrote: »

/Overheal's head explodes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

WTF?

She's not plus sized, she's NORMAL!!

.....and smoking fúcking hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

WTF?

She's not plus sized, she's NORMAL!!

.....and smoking fúcking hot.

Her jugs are f*cking massive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Resi12 wrote: »
    The commercial:

How stupid, I mean what message are they sending to people banning such a commercial? ABC refused to show it during/after Dancing With The Stars because it shows "too much skin", now I am sorry but the irony of that is sickening. She is a beautiful woman and it is nice to see them portrayed in the media, shame the broadcasters are too narrow minded.

By the fact that you are shocked I take it you have never tried watch an R rated film on a major American TV Network?

• Advertisement

So, which one would you choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

*boggle*

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A little late to the punch, OP.
    Remember yesterday, when we wrote about some major TV networks balking over whether or not to air a sexy Lane Bryant lingerie ad? Well, it looks like Fox -- the arbiter of good taste in prime time -- has decided to not be so prim and proper, and will actually air the commercial.
    According to BrandWeek, the spot will run during the April 28 broadcast of American Idol. "Following Lane Bryant's refusal to make requested edits, Fox agreed to air the unedited ad during the last 10 minutes," the site quotes a source as saying.
    Meanwhile, ABC, who Lane Bryant said would only air the ad during the final seconds of Dancing With the Stars, denies the allegations:

Their statements are not true. The ad was accepted. Lane Bryant was treated absolutely no differently than any advertiser for the same product. We were willing to accommodate them, but they chose to seek publicity instead.”
    http://consumerist.com/2010/04/fox-no-longer-has-anything-against-this-womans-boobs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Overheal wrote: »

Hehehe. I love the title of the article in the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

The girl at the back talking to the guy , she looks dangerous

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Honestly? One of the two on the right, or maybe lonad's choice :). The subject of the OP would be much bigger than I personally like. And thats grand. Im clearly in the minority.

Plus its still BS. Look at how the video is cut. If they're "celebrating her curves" than why do they not show her curves? The long shot of her has her wearing a dressing gown type thingy that covers said curves. If she was a victoria secrets model they wouldnt have. The ad is all about her face and tits, everything else is hidden. As I say, the usual BS.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Wibbs wrote: »
    HThe subject of the OP would be much bigger than I personally like. And thats grand. Im clearly in the minority.
    You need your dick confiscated if you don't find her hot. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Wibbs wrote: »

Plus its still BS. Look at how the video is cut. If they're "celebrating her curves" than why do they not show her curves? The long shot of her has her wearing a dressing gown type thingy that covers said curves. If she was a victoria secrets model they wouldnt have. The ad is all about her face and tits, everything else is hidden. As I say, the usual BS.

I noticed that as well, I kept thinking, how stupid this is that they wouldnt show her ass, which is probably just as nice as the rest of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Resi12 wrote: »
    ABC refused to show it during/after Dancing With The Stars because it shows "too much skin".
    "Shows too much skin"? Eh, it's lingerie - that's what lingerie does...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Well that's just depressing for all of us 'normal' girls :( We're not even allowed on the tv now?

Advertisement