Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new service from Boards.ie

Options
  • 01-04-2010 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Following on from this announcement, I'd like to open this thread up for people to comment on and report any bugs with our new Match Making service.

We understand there may be a few hic-ups which we'll do our best to tackle today.

We really hope everyone enjoys this new service, we're quite excited about it here in the office.

Thanks for your time folks,

Dav
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Interesting that Tar.Aldarion would be my true love based on this system. I look nothing like Avril. But he's a sexy guy so I'm not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Dare I say it?

april fools?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Seems to work rather nicely! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,192 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

All the posters it spat out for me are men who play poker. :(

If you could manipulate it so that it spat out members of the opposite sex (or the same depending on what floats your boat!) that would be just super I guess.

Then again, I don't think anyone would actually take this too seriously. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

If you could manipulate it so that it spat out members of the opposite sex (or the same depending on what floats your boat!) that would be just super I guess.

We are working on the gender detection code. It's pretty tricky though, there are a lot of strange edge cases to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm getting waaaaay too many PM's outa this. OK clearly the system works, but I've only so many hours in the day. Lawyers will be consulted. Within the next 12 hours anyway.....

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

According to my readout, Beruthiel and I have to get jiggy.

I always knew she had a thing for me.

Oh gender detection - suits you sir

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jay P wrote: »
    Dare I say it?
    You could, but its the love that dare not speak its name. I'm flattered, but no, though I have a friend....

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Wibbs wrote: »
    I'm getting waaaaay too many PM's outa this. OK clearly the system works, but I've only so many hours in the day. Lawyers will be consulted. Within the next 12 hours anyway.....

I got you as a match as well. A/S/L?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote: »
    According to my readout, Beruthiel and I have to get jiggy.

Pics or GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I clicked a thread from the homepage and saw the new icon, I clicked it, saw where it lead me and started shaking my head. I thought Nooooooooooooooooo........... how could Boards go down this route. It's wrong, so so wrong. I was going to voice my concern........

.......... then I realized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i looked at my result, then i LOL'd hard

Macros42 wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO
    VHI emergency medical bill or GTFO more like.

Pics or GTFO

Bah, I suppose it was worth a try. It was really Kharn.

I repeat - pics or GTFO - you can blur your beard out if you like - it's Kharn I'm interested in

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its not gay if the beards dont touch....

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Its based on thanks aint it?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Sarky wrote: »
    Bah, I suppose it was worth a try. It was really Kharn.

I in fact did get Ber.

Sexy time, I like!

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.

Quote of the year. Apart from the obvious Spell Czechs ridicule...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Then again, I don't think anyone would actually take this too seriously. :)

Bad news Lloyd. You are my no.1 ranked match.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Can I get a do-over? I've already had everyone on my list and fancy a change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.

But Kharn and I are ALL beard :(

Fine, here you go. It really was Beru all along. I just panicked because I thought she was out of my league. https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/16986/109416.png

beard-a-thon.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

match.jpg
    I got all cock, but at least the jailbait bit was right

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Interesting that Tar.Aldarion would be my true love based on this system. I look nothing like Avril. But he's a sexy guy so I'm not complaining.

You lucky man you, let's have a drink and see what happens?

When and where you sexy hunk of a man. Should you wear the Avril mask or should I?

When and where you sexy hunk of a man. Should you wear the Avril mask or should I?
    You wear the mask, I'll bring the rosé and avril cd to mask your grunts.

• Advertisement

ho humm

Advertisement