Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭Poochie05

And procedures may be different in 10 years' time... we may all have an ID chip in our heads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Thanks everyone for the replies just didn't know who I could go to over there to get a form witnessed :) but true in 10 years it may change totally from how it's done now let's hope not anyway ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Hi, I presume this is the right place for this.

I'm travelling on the 11th of January and need a passport but I wouldn't be able to post the Passport Express form until Saturday. What's my best option here? Would it be best to make an appointment with the passport office or do it through the post?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

I'm travelling on the 11th of January and need a passport but I wouldn't be able to post the Passport Express form until Saturday. What's my best option here? Would it be best to make an appointment with the passport office or do it through the post?

Thanks

Would like to know this too cause I'm travelling around the same time and I've yet to send my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Thanks
    retweet wrote: »
    Would like to know this too cause I'm travelling around the same time and I've yet to send my application.

There aren't exactly a tonne of working days between now and then, even if everything is perfectly fine with your application - it's not a first timer, not replacing a lost one - then you're cutting it very fine.

Make an appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

There aren't exactly a tonne of working days between now and then, even if everything is perfectly fine with your application - it's not a first timer, not replacing a lost one - then you're cutting it very fine.

Make an appointment.

Thought as much but wasn't sure how Christmas worked for them. Have an appointment booked for Monday. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Sono

Anyone know if there is a list of countries that have been tried and accepted for the new passport card? Thanks very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I see you have Bulgaria refused, I've used it successfully there as well as in Netherlands, Switzerland, Romania and Hungary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Sofia Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Amsterdam, Madrid & Berlin TXL are good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

No, he doesn't need to attend, but be aware that if the photos are not up to the biometric standard / he hasn't signed the form, etc, it will not be possible to process the application until such issues are resolved. If you had him with you, you could get these issues resolved on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

I've used the card in both Amsterdam and Lisbon, no problem. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

They must have changed their tune so. The last chap I encountered there said he couldn't verify it and demanded a full passport.[/quote]

Could have been a border guard who wasn't trained up or familiar with the new cards. Or like I predicted, it could just be teething problems that you experienced. Same thing happened 10 years ago with the new style biometric passports. First few months were a bit hairy until eventually border crossings got used to them.

How long does it take to get the passport card? Thinking of getting one in addition to my new passport.

Around a week to 10 days.

Great! Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Just another question.

Does target issue date mean it can be collected on that date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

retweet wrote: »
    Just another question.

Does target issue date mean it can be collected on that date?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 connolly12345

I am going away on the 20th and have a child's passport that is out of date at the moment. I am going to apply for a new one first thing tomorrow morning, do you think it will arrive on time?
    It will be my first Adult passport and they say you can't apply for one to come within less than 10 days unless it's an adult renewal. I am in college in Dublin and it will be posted to Galway as that is my permanent address so I need it to be here by the 19th so I can come collect it before I go.
    Is there any quicker way to get it done??

how long will this take? is going from a child's passport to an adult one counted as a first time passport application or as a renewal?

how long will this take? is going from a child's passport to an adult one counted as a first time passport application or as a renewal?

It's a renewal.

It's a renewal.

ok great thank you!

also, sorry for all the questions, but my passport is in dublin and i want to get the forms signed tomorrow at the garda station in galway.. do i need my passport or will any form of id do? i have a garda age card, full length birth cert, proof of address, student id..

ok great thank you!

also, sorry for all the questions, but my passport is in dublin and i want to get the forms signed tomorrow at the garda station in galway.. do i need my passport or will any form of id do? i have a garda age card, full length birth cert, proof of address, student id..

It's up to the guard really as to whether or not he is satisfied you are who you say you are. People who have lost their passports get their forms witnessed by the guards so I imagine it won't be too much of a problem if you don't have your passport on you. I would bring any photo ID and birth certificate to the station anyway.

• Advertisement

I am going away on the 20th and have a child's passport that is out of date at the moment. I am going to apply for a new one first thing tomorrow morning, do you think it will arrive on time?
    It will be my first Adult passport and they say you can't apply for one to come within less than 10 days unless it's an adult renewal. I am in college in Dublin and it will be posted to Galway as that is my permanent address so I need it to be here by the 19th so I can come collect it before I go.
    Is there any quicker way to get it done??

You can have it sent to your Dublin address too. Moving addresses doesn't really matter unless you've lost a passport. If you're in Dublin at the moment you can just have your form witnessed at your local station in Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement