Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

02-03-2010, 19:22   #1
Airsoft UG

The Airsoft Underground

The Airsoft Underground.

Bringing Irish Airsoft to The Next Level.

We would like to announce a new venture which will bring a new level to the sport of airsoft in Ireland.

Announcing

“The Airsoft Underground”.

Simply The Airsoft Underground is a new group whose aim is to bring you airsoft where you want to play it. We are still working on a lot of finer points.

Q. Ever been heading home from work or school and seen a place you thought might be great for airsoft and never done anything about it? What can you do?
A. Contact The Airsoft Underground.
The Airsoft Underground will attempt to contact the owner of the property and attempt to strike a deal in relation to allowing a game of airsoft to be played on their property. We will survey the property to ensure it is safe and in conjunction with a promotions company will organise the games and insurance.

Q. What’s in it for you?
A. The most amazing game of airsoft you have ever played. If you bring a property to us and if we can organise the property for an airsoft game, you and 5 of your mates can play free.
Through a network of contacts, we have already sourced 4 locations around the country that will bring Irish Airsoft to the forefront. We are actively working on these locations and have one secured and should be ready to announce it as our first venue shortly.

Q. What do I do now?
A. Send us a PM with information about the site. The address, Sat Nav, a photo, contact details for the owner (if you know it) and of course your name and phone number. Any information you have on the location. We will contact you as soon as possible.

We are The Airsoft Underground.
We are first and foremost, Airsofter’s.

Last edited by Airsoft UG; 02-03-2010 at 20:07.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-03-2010, 19:33   #2
fayer

Have you given any consideration to the CJA 2009's requirement of Airsoft venues to be approved (licensed) by the district superintendent?
02-03-2010, 19:37   #3
Airsoft Reloded

Or the fact that you need a change of use from the local authority and public liability insurance on land for public use?

An idea like this could do a lot of harm.

Last edited by Airsoft Reloded; 02-03-2010 at 19:39.
(2) thanks from:
02-03-2010, 19:40   #4
Airsoft UG

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayer View Post
Have you given any consideration to the CJA 2009's requirement of Airsoft venues to be approved (licensed) by the district superintendent?
Yes we have. No venue will be used without following correct procedure and this includes making contact with all local authorities.
02-03-2010, 19:43   #5
Airsoft Reloded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airsoft UG View Post
Yes we have. No venue will be used without following correct procedure and this includes making contact with all local authorities.
Good luck so, no need to shout lol.

Its a clever way to get other people to find good land for you, I have to say.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-03-2010, 19:43   #6
Gatling

So let me get this right ,

you want people to go out scout locations regardless of where they are

so you /company can go approach the landowners to set up a skirmish site on there land,

for some kind of super airsoft venture never seen before

so whats your experiances running airsoft sites

playing airsoft
(2) thanks from:
02-03-2010, 19:44   #7
Puding

good luck, i know how hard it is to run a normal site, let alone moving the location around between location, will be interesting to see how this works out

i know this structure has worked in the uk but of course the rules are a little different over there
Thanks from:
02-03-2010, 19:48   #8
deco nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatling View Post

so you /company can go approach the landowners to set up a skirmish site on there land,

playing airsoft
i think they are tryin to be like the english boys that hire hi rise and shoppin malls,cant remember their names,looks like its one off events
oh good luck guys

Last edited by deco nate; 02-03-2010 at 19:49. Reason: good luck
Thanks from:
02-03-2010, 19:49   #9
Airsoft UG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airsoft Reloded View Post
Or the fact that you need a change of use from the local authority and public liability insurance on land for public use?

An idea like this could do a lot of harm.
This why we will need to treat each venue as a seperate entity. All home work will be done on each location. We have all our insurance in place and everthing will be done legally and above board .

Last edited by Airsoft UG; 02-03-2010 at 19:53.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-03-2010, 19:50   #10
Airsoft Reloded

Quote:
Originally Posted by deco nate View Post
i think they are tryin to be like the english boys that hire hi rise and shoppin malls,cant remember their names,looks like its one off events
oh good luck guys
You can't legally do once off airsoft events in this country though, there is an exemption clause in the national development plan 2001 for local events but airsoft isn't covered in it (I checked lol).
Thanks from:
02-03-2010, 19:52   #11
Masada
Banned

Interesting theory.,
Is the plan for it to be a one off game or to use the site permanently?

What assurances do players get that they are insured onsite? who are you using for insurance etc.

Do you have any experience running a site, or have you been involved in any previously?

I like the idea of it, but id need a bit of convincing that it would all be above board with the cops and insurance.,
Thanks from:
02-03-2010, 19:52   #12
deco nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airsoft Reloded View Post
You can't legally do once off airsoft events in this country though, there is an exemption clause in the national development plan 2001 for local events but airsoft isn't covered in it (I checked lol).
ah thanks reloaded,i didnt know that cheers bud
Thanks from:
02-03-2010, 19:52   #13
Airsoft Reloded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airsoft UG View Post
This why we will need to treat each venue as a seperate entity. All home work will be done on each location. We have already recived a quote for short term event insurence. This includes a site visit prior to any event taking place by our insurence supplier.
How do you plan on getting around the change of use issue? Im just curious, mainly because there is no clause in Irish law that covers airsoft for such an event.
02-03-2010, 19:56   #14
Airsoft UG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatling View Post

playing airsoft
Gatling we have vast experience in the running of airsoft sites in ireland you know us well all will be revealed in due course.It will be for one of events all over the country.
02-03-2010, 19:56   #15
thermo
airsoft ninja

Mod: Airsoft
this sounds good (in theory), best of luck with the venture and i hope it makes it off the ground!
Thanks from:
Thread Closed