Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl 2010 (where to watch)

Options
  • 16-01-2010 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

Apologies for starting this thread with the superbowl 3 weeks away.
    I just wanted to know if people know where in dublin city center will it be shown?
    Also where is the best place to watch it, atmosphere but not packed out if possible.

I know I have seen threads here before previous years. I have always watched it at home so I want to sort it out with mates now to see if we'll go out for it this year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Can a mod please put a sticky up with the topic of where to watch the NFL in Dublin. Theres a new thread every week about where to watch it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

my bad guys, i did a forum search but didnt see anything this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

adamski8 wrote: »
    my bad guys, i did a forum search but didnt see anything this year!

No worries man - that's why we need a sticky.
    :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

frostie500 wrote: »
    Can a mod please put a sticky up with the topic of where to watch the NFL in Dublin. Theres a new thread every week about where to watch it seems
    Good call frostie and davyjose! Stickied!:D

Nice link tallaghtoutlaws.

Kickoff times 7 February 2010 Stateside and across the pond:
    http://www.chiff.com/recreation/sports/super-bowl.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

I'd find it very hard to imagine there is a better place in Dublin to watch the SuperBowl than the Woolshed. Beer flowing for the first 3 quarters at least, full game shown, food available and a top class atmosphere.

Woolshed ftw.(I don't work for them by the way!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

McSorleys in Ranelagh have the game also. It's a lete bar so should be serving for most of it.

I've been to the woolshed before but not for the superbowl. Is it usually absolutely packed then? Also what time roughly would you have to get there to have a chance of getting seats?

I've been to the woolshed before but not for the superbowl. Is it usually absolutely packed then? Also what time roughly would you have to get there to have a chance of getting seats?

Ring them and book a table if you have a group of folk traveling in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

is this on any uk tv station other than Sky or Five?

• Advertisement

was on bbc last year anyway. didnt think channel 5 had the rights to it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Its not on FIVE, its possibly on BBC and its definately on Sky.

Am I raving or was the Superbowl on TV3 before a few years back? For some reason I seem to recall them having it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Am I raving or was the Superbowl on TV3 before a few years back? For some reason I seem to recall them having it...

Yep they showed the Pats vs Giants game in 08 and they may have shown last years aswell i cant remember

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Guys can you book a table in the Woolshed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Guys can you book a table in the Woolshed?
    Yes, give em a ring. Contact details should be on http://www.woolshedbaa.com/Home_Page.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yes, give em a ring. Contact details should be on http://www.woolshedbaa.com/Home_Page.html

Just to add to this, was in there on sunday and one of the girls said that the staff hadn't discussed the superbowl yet so she wasn't sure if they were taking bookings.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Thanks lads, will give them a call later anyway to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

A mate told me earlier today the portabello are deffo showing it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

We were in the Portobello for last weeks Jets game and they did have a huge poster up in the window advertising it;

We were left there for all of both of Sundays games so I doubt it would be any different for the Big one;

Still saying that Im off to the woolshed

Anyone been to dadelion to watch the game? I hear it is ticket or invitation only this year or something. Doesnt look like the best place to watch it (i havent been there before) but aparently there will be free coors there or something

• Advertisement

Anyone been to dadelion to watch the game? I hear it is ticket or invitation only this year or something. Doesnt look like the best place to watch it (i havent been there before) but aparently there will be free coors there or something

The Dublin Rebels are sponsored by Dandelion. As far as I know it is their Superbowl Party and it is supposed to be an excellent night. Ask Lothar on here he is one of their coaches. Oh and they have a huge screen in there for sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Its not on FIVE, its possibly on BBC and its definately on Sky.

TV3 showed the last 2 (international feed) and won't be showing this years

BBC showed international in 08 and had the NBC feed last year. its on agian, but I wouldn't be sure whether they'll take international feed or CBS feed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I'll be in Lanzarote so have to locate somewhere over there and it will start an hr later as well !

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lothaar v2

Hi adamski8,
    Don't worry about the invite-only thing. We're expecting a good turnout this year, but it is open to all-comers. Turn up on the night and you'll be fine. Mention the Dublin Rebels and you'll be even finer!

It's a cracking place to watch the Bowl. We were there last year - there's a big HUGE screen down the end, with plasma everywhere, so you can't miss the game. We have box-betting and spot prizes and stuff through the night. Lots of US-themed stuff too - cheerleaders etc.

The bar stays open late too, as it's a nightclub. There was an electric atmosphere there last year. Oh yeah... the Pussycat Dolls turned up last year FFS! They wanted to watch the game after their concert in the O2. Not the really hot one, just the cute blond and the ones that look like trannies. Still - PCD!

And there's free beer! That's the best bit. Limited supply, but still very nice.

BTW - that's an open invitation to all boards.ie users.

Hope to see you there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 emlou87

A gang of us are going to The Arlington Hotel in Temple Bar, they are showing the whole superbowl, cheap drinks and comp finger food!!
    call them on 01 6708777:)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Hornet

emlou87 wrote: »
    A gang of us are going to The Arlington Hotel in Temple Bar, they are showing the whole superbowl, cheap drinks and comp finger food!!
    call them on 01 6708777:)

I just rang the Arlington in Temple Bar and they told me that no decision has been made as of yet about showing the game or not. Closing time on a Sunday - unless a different decision is made - is 23:00.

Lothaar v2 wrote: »
    BTW - that's an open invitation to all boards.ie users.

Hope to see you there!
    ok thats convinced me, not the pussycat dolls thing though!
    You know what the best time to show up would be?....for seats and possibly free beer :D

Nice one. The earlier the better, really, as the free beer will be available until it has all been quaffed. I for one will be exercising my right to SB-night quaffage with great enthusiasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Torn between dandelion and the woolshed, i have been goin woolshed for pretty much every sunday the past few months so its become a regular thing, never had a prob either but a change of atmosphere may be a good idea,

• Advertisement

Just an update on the Dublin Rebels SB party in Dandelion.

It IS actually invite-only at the moment. We've just secured sponsorship from a major US drinks brand and it looks like lots of people will be going.

If you want to get on the guestlist, PM me with your name and email address and I'll put your name down. It shouldn't be a problem. Randomers trying to get in from the street on the night may have trouble if it's as packed as we're expecting.

Advertisement