Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I'm single...

Options
  • 10-01-2010 3:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭

Yep...

I won't say I dumped her, I got my ass handed to me and (deservedly so) she kicked me to the kerb after 5 years... I admit I dont particularly want to be single right now but here I am, I'm 26, last time I was single I was 20/21 and meeting girls was a case of going down the local pub, establishing the marque, sewing the seeds, meet her in the night club later on that night... and Roberts your fathers brother.

What the hell do I do now?! I think I got too used to the coupely life style, I dont really do night clubs, nor do my friends now.

How in 2010 do guys meet girls? I mean, I should prob get a few girls "under my belt" now, i.e. kissing or the odd shag, but... how, I think I may have forgotten? Not the shagging bit!

Guys, how do ye meet "nice girls", this may come as a shock to lads but I'm not after a quick shag here, something more... (and not men)*

had to clarify as I'm in AH!

Im nowhere near dating a new girl by any means but I need something to look forward to in the coming months, depths of depression at the mo!
    Dating sites? Speed dating? Surely not the local!? Im not near Doooblin so dont mention Coppers! I'm out of ideas here lads.

I'm sure I had a point at the start of this.
    Anyway I await the #2 post which will be fantastic as per usual AH style!
    *I may be flaming drunk...!

I'm sure the women here will go through my post with a fine toothed comb and pick holes in why I got dumped in the first place, but hey!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Buy a woman like the rest of the dirty feckers.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

FearDark wrote: »
    Yep...

I won't say I dumped her,....

Hands up who lost interest right here....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

There's a place for people like you. It's called Coppers and I know you said you're not from Dubln, but that's even more reason to go there.

Get the shift son!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Me, the OP is clearly a douchebag!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Yep...

I won't say I dumped her, I got my ass handed to me and (deservedly so) she kicked me to the kerb after 5 years...

so what did you do :D

dont leave us hanging

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

I suspect sisters and video cameras were involved ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Anyway I await the #2 post which will be fantastic as per usual AH style!

I dunno about you FearDark but i thought it was pretty disappointing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Guys, how do ye meet "nice girls".

I'd start at a nunnery.

RHunce wrote: »
    so what did you do :D

dont leave us hanging
    Jigga wrote: »
    So what did you do to deserve it?

Hey thats between me and the lady!...

Lets just say she deserved better than me. Lost my job at the start of 09' and really didnt do enough to find another job or to try and further my education, she's highly educated and has a fantastic job and then theres me, me - the guy who used work but now sits at home everyday pissing his life away while she goes out and works her ass off.

She could see it was going nowhere.

Annnnnnywaaay....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Buy a woman like the rest of the dirty feckers.

It's a good time and all. The January sales are on right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I have a girlfriend. la la la la

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I wish you the best of luck on your conquest for buttseks. And although the saying goes 'There's plenty more gee in the sea' always remember, "if you can't lift her, don't shift her".

OP, talk to Agent Smith... He's a BAPS mod. He'll hook you up with some nice ones. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Hey thats between me and the lady!...

Lets just say she deserved better than me. Lost my job at the start of 09' and really didnt do enough to find another job or to try and further my education, she's highly educated and has a fantastic job and then theres me, me - the guy who used work but now sits at home everyday pissing his life away while she goes out and works her ass off.

She could see it was going nowhere.

Annnnnnywaaay....
    She broke it off because your unemployed? Good luck to her in finding a new man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Ho chi feen

Start by beating off to the sound of music with pics of her friends.

Take up Alcohol as a hobby, tis the only time in your life you'll get away with it.

Then....

.... then bang her mates.

It mightn't make you feel better now, but you'll laugh about it an hour afterwards when yer walking down the frosty pavement later.

Jigga wrote: »
    She broke it off because your unemployed? Good luck to her in finding a new man

Unemployed "and no ambition" apparently ;)

This thread is getting seriously de-railed! The issue is not me and the Ex...

Its where do I meen the new Mrs. FearDark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Good point, get langers drunk and find some open minded slappers is my recommendation, anyone have any better ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

DO A BARREL ROLL.

Chicks love that sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

You just broke up with you ex and you're looking to replace her?

um, why??

oh this should really be in personal issues- putting this is AH is just asking for someone to offer Yore Ma as his new missus.

• Advertisement

Well you won't find her here!!

Go outside and try your luck with the young wans hanging outside the local night club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I need something to look forward to in the coming months, depths of depression at the mo!
    Dating sites? Speed dating? Surely not the local!? Im not near Doooblin so dont mention Coppers! I'm out of ideas here lads.

Enjoy it .. :)

You just broke up with you ex and you're looking to replace her?

um, why??

oh this should really be in personal issues- putting this is AH is just asking for someone to offer Yore Ma as his new missus.

Thing is, Im pretty drunk right now, and "replacing her" is the only positive I can take from this whole mess...i.e. the thrill of the chase again.

Obviously, I'd sooner have her back, I cant stress that enough.

Yeah, I can see how I could come across as a total ass.

So you reccomend yore ma you say? Tell me more about yore ma...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Get with the times. Join an internet dating site.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »
    Get with the times. Join an internet dating site.

Broads.ie is highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Well she's 60, fine head of grey hair and she makes a mean steak. If you love Jebus then you're in there.

Anyway man up ya pussy and go score some young ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Take up Alcohol as a hobby, tis the only time in your life you'll get away with it.

I'm all over that already.

I'm all over that already.

Pity you're not gay and into dress up fantasies..... Captain Morgan is a great way to rebound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Kirk is that you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement