Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which profession do you find most attractive?

Options
  • 01-12-2009 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

If you met the man of your dreams what kind of profession would you want him in? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

A successful writer...pick their own hours, well paid, write a couple of best sellers & retire early....all good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

A successful writer...pick their own hours, well paid, write a couple of best sellers & retire early....all good. :)

Hank Moody??? :D The Best kind of writer! :D

I wanna marry a doctor!! :) (I know it's about mens professions, and that I never wanna get married, but a doctor would be good)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

What about the whole men in unform thing? Surely Army or Navy wins then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i thought this thread would be about what women would like to do themselves, not what they want their men to do :(:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

My OH is a carpenter, does mostly roofing, is very macho and lives in steel toe boots, Snickers trousers and a toolbelt ... I must say, the accountants I work with every day seem like total pansies in comparison!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I don't know exactly what I want him to be, I just want it to pay lots and have few hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

profession does nothing for me.

they could be a rocket scientist but be as dense as a door knob and it wouldn't matter that they are a rocket scienctist.

similarly they could be - ohh i don't want to degrade anyones job so i won't mention anything here but think polar opposite to rocket scientist and insert here - and be great to be around and it wouldn't matter what they work at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Someones profession doesn't define them as a person and make them more dateable:rolleyes::confused:.

I prefer the person, as who they are, not what they earn, wear to work or what they do.

Think its pretty darn shallow to think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

IMHO as long as he's happy and the bills are paid, I couldn't care less whether he's a drag queen, an accountant, a plumber, a painter, a candle stick maker or anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If i found out a girl was dating me because of my profession being attractive/lucrative she's be dumped quite quickly

I wouldnt care if my girlfriend cleaned the toilets in Mcdonalds, your job doesnt define you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

When I meet the man of my dreams, I'll get back to you and let you know what he is. :)

I don't care what he is or what he does as long, 'cause if he's 'The One', he'll be perfect regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Red Storm wrote: »
    Army

+1 million on this.....
    friend of mine is in the army, and i swear i've had a crush on him for as long as i could remember.
    sent me apic of him in uniform from Chad and sweet mother of mercy......i swear i still fantasise about him :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

Paediatrician :D

Shows he's intelligent, empathetic, caring, good with kids and earns lots of money. Yes I'm thinking of George Clooney in ER :o

Not that I'm that shallow or anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

LadyE wrote: »
    Someones profession doesn't define them as a person and make them more dateable:rolleyes::confused:.

I prefer the person, as who they are, not what they earn, wear to work or what they do.

Think its pretty darn shallow to think otherwise.

Disagree to an extent. Sure, a person's personality isn't defined by their profession but often it is reflected in their profession. For example, one could assume that a psychotherapist is generally quite empathetic, a pediatrician quite benevolent, a kindergarten teacher fond of children etc. I don't see anything wrong with being attracted to that part of someone's personality in the slightest.

For me, I'm fond of creativity. I'd like to sit around on the couch and listen to a girl read me a poem or play me a song or show me a painting or whatever the hell. If she can make some cold, hard cash from it then awesome but she could shovel shít down a well for a job for all I care (cos it'd defo show a humbleness that I'd find very attractive :D).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Stripper. They have to be.

Serious part of post though, I echo LadyE and Cremo's posts.
    Men in uniform always seem to have an allure about em so I'm told, wonder if the same can be said for male nurses or care assistants? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ninja Assassin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Disagree to an extent. Sure, a person's personality isn't defined by their profession but often it is reflected in their profession. For example, one could assume that a psychotherapist is generally quite empathetic, a pediatrician quite benevolent, a kindergarten teacher fond of children etc. I don't see anything wrong with being attracted to that part of someone's personality in the slightest.

For me, I'm fond of creativity. I'd like to sit around on the couch and listen to a girl read me a poem or play me a song or show me a painting or whatever the hell. If she can make some cold, hard cash from it then awesome but she could shovel shít down a well for a job for all I care (cos it'd defo show a humbleness that I'd find very attractive :D).

We'll have to agree to disagree.

In some cases, your profession doesnt reflect your personality, you could fall into the career line/job...could love it or hate it, do your job well but have no passion for it.

Hence, I judge my ideal partner on them, and not what they do for a living.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

I would previously have agreed that a man's profession is irrelevant, but I recently met a man who custom builds and repairs guitars. I have to say I find it very attractive. He makes beautiful instruments which make amazing music, and he's very artistic and good with his hands in general :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Doesn't matter to me, so long as he's happy and can support himself - and before everyone jumps on that, I mean himself, not me as well.

That said, that would be the ideal, but if he didn't have a job at all, I can't say that would ever have put me off either. I've been the sole earner lots of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

The question in the title of the thread & the first post are slightly different...I certainly wasn't suggesting that IRL, my partners profession has any bearing on how attractive I find him. I was going on the hypothetical question of finding a particular profession more attractive than others :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Once he wears snicker trousers I dont mind:rolleyes::D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Cookie Jar wrote: »

I work with 20 or so blokes in snickers trousers. The odds are good ......but the goods are odd.

LadyE wrote: »
    We'll have to agree to disagree.

In some cases, your profession doesnt reflect your personality, you could fall into the career line/job...could love it or hate it, do your job well but have no passion for it.

Hence, I judge my ideal partner on them, and not what they do for a living.:)

My point being, no one implied judgement until you did...... Anyway, agree to disagree sounds good yeah.
    Novella wrote: »
    I don't care what he is or what he does as long, 'cause if he's 'The One', he'll be perfect regardless.

http://www.rtb.gov.bn/RTBCity_Promo/rtbcity/the_one.jpg

Silverfish wrote: »
    I work with 20 or so blokes in snickers trousers. The odds are good ......but the goods are odd.

Post of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

never really thought about it.

Tho as long as shes forfilled doesnt bring her work home with her, and can live out side what happnes in her working enviroment well then sweet as.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Will wrote: »
    Men in uniform always seem to have an allure about em so I'm told, wonder if the same can be said for male nurses or care assistants? :pac:

They'd be the same to me. If I see a guy helping a little old lady or a sick person he instantly becomes more attractive.

Forgive me for being dense but what the hell are snicker trousers??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

The only profession I'd want my future partner to be in is the one that made him happy.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

Cockney slang for shorts. People wear them when they're running Marathons....!

Yep... I'm that tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

You know the worker trousers. Blue... electricians, plummers, etc wear them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Damn
    *throws away dickies*

Ah well.

Pffft I don't care what she does for a living tbh, I don't know anyone who's job actually reflects them, I know people in the army who do anything possible to get around working, A financial consultant who is in a pub more than the bar staff, I know someone who minds kids and is usually off their face every night.

Though if I had a choice.... Physio therapist or doctor would be grand

Advertisement