Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning warm/humid, sunny and settled next week

Options
  • 21-05-2009 5:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Looks like a big change is on the way from next Tuesday as the Azores high gets displaced North West toward us. This could mark the beginning of a sustained period of potentially very warm and sunny conditions.

Azores High is displaced because the Jet Stream takes a dive south in the Atlantic:

Rtavn1441.png

Rtavn1681.png

Rtavn1682.png

Rtavn1801.png

Rtavn1922.png

Upper level temps near 15C would represent high twenties on the ground if it did get to 15....

The Spanish plume is on it's way;) Potential for thundery weather aswell but that is later on.....hope you have the BBQ's, Deck chairs and Sun Beds ready for later next week:) Currently im going for 24 or 25C max but it could be even higher then that in a sustained plume of warm air from the continent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

O god please let this happen we could do with some warm weather with no RAIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

right in time for the leaving certificate!

As always :mad:

Better stay good for at least 2 weeks after my exams, and ideally all summer
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The latest suggests that things pick up from later on Saturday, as for the old Leaving Cert effect I think that is now cast in stone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Must be about 5 years in a row now that the weathers been great at the start of June?

Any where we can check the actual data?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

darkman2 wrote: »
    Looks like a big change is on the way from next Tuesday as the Azores high gets displaced North West toward us. This could mark the beginning of a sustained period of potentially very warm and sunny conditions.

Azores High is displaced because the Jet Stream takes a dive south in the Atlantic:

Rtavn1441.png

Rtavn1681.png

Rtavn1682.png

Rtavn1801.png

Rtavn1922.png

Upper level temps near 15C would represent high twenties on the ground if it did get to 15....

The Spanish plume is on it's way;) Potential for thundery weather aswell but that is later on.....hope you have the BBQ's, Deck chairs and Sun Beds ready for later next week:) Currently im going for 24 or 25C max but it could be even higher then that in a sustained plume of warm air from the continent.

a few dry storms, all the way from Biscay, would be nice after a few days of sunshine and warmth.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Thankyou,thankyou and thankyou again,Yahooo!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Recm1681.gif

It's really from next Thursday onward thereabouts - still on track.

21 C on May 30! Yeah right....(here's hoping)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

get ready to put another shrimp on the barbie!!!!

she's lookin mighty warm inland for next weekend.

temps hitting the 20's

bring it on!!

ecm500.168.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like it's early! I'm at 20.3c atm! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

At this rate i'll be turning off the heating before June!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Rtavn1441.png

Rtavn1681.png

Latest GFS - Think I will cancel the holiday to Florida :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

Hmmm thats not the out look Evelyn gave out yesterday. :mad: But the GFS is usually right so I will go along with that me thinks! :D :pac:

UK Met office on board.

Rukm1441.gif

ECM

Recm1681.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

:):D:D:) So maybe now I can cut me lawns, spray the weed killer, paint the house amoungst other things. I have the sun screen bought and waiting to be used, I got burnt already back in April, would you believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

Looks like from Thursday the high is coming! :D:p Great for the bank Holiday weekend and the Blue Jeans Festival:cool::D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this is almost a week away tho, is it almost certain we'll finally see some dry, warm and sunny weather, rte's forecast is not in the least bit encouraging with more spells of rain and showers forecast for all next week.

Gonzo wrote: »
    this is almost a week away tho, is it almost certain we'll finally see some dry, warm and sunny weather, rte's forecast is not in the least bit encouraging with more spells of rain and showers forecast for all next week.
    Well no...They've followed the ECMWF line and said warm,fine and dry weather towards the latter half of next week.You should listen more carefully.

Only until Wednesday then it settles.

Yeah it's just a matter of how warm - very warm or just warm? - it will be a couple of days yet before we know for sure but I would favour "very warm" with maxes in the mid 20's and plenty of sunshine from Wednesday onward. Thursday looks particularly warm and muggy. Chane of thundery showers next weekend aswell so alot to look forward to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 APMom

I'm just glad it's settled at the weekend as we'll be on the ferry to France. we've been lucky going over most years but have had bloody awful trips coming back. I turned the heat off yesterday and am sitting here with a blanket wrapped around me as i'm not turning it back on again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

well lads is it still looking good for the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Auvers wrote: »
    well lads is it still looking good for the weekend?

As far as I know it's still looking good but suppossedly it could change on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Around 22C in the warmest areas on Thursday/Friday, mid 20's for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

from leixlip myself where we have the annual leixlip festival every june bank holiday.the forecast couldnt be better.beer garden and bbqs here i come.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

nothing to get too excited about , the heat, or warmth will climax friday/saturday at around 21/22 degress, warmest inland/midwest and away from east and south facing coasts, temperatures fall back from sunday onwards, and the weather falls apart from next tuesday onwards to sunshine and showers. all in all not too bad for a bank holiday week end in a country where everybody is in debt up to their eyeballs or on the dole, nice walk along the pier with a 99 and alot of red disgrunteled faces looking squentedly towards that firely ball we all are so unaquainted with....i should write a book........

well im back later see ya then as john eaglinton says

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Looks like Saturday will be the best day for sunshine. Once it's warm and dry i don't mind if clouds break up the other days. Hopefully after a nice bank holiday things break down from the south for next week. Wouldn't mind a few thunderstorms.

An Easterly is programmed thanks to the highs tilt.

That means west will be best temperature wise.

Heres Monday's ECM and it's certainly dry and sunny [though at the edge of reliability but a fair guess I'd say] so a very good weekend ahead ,but getting cold on the East coast with that raw wind.Low to mid 20's in the far west couldnt be ruled out :)

090527_0000_132.png

Still good on wenesday according to present indications but being a week out,it's more unreliable.
    Pressure tend to fall after that but again it's FI.
    The source of the air seems to be north of East.It's going to be fairly dry and not too humid air so and not as hot as a south easterly

Recm1921.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I'm looking outside and it looks very wet and muggy. I know it could change later on but it doesn't look promising for today:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

No sun here either. Just the same dull and cloudy weather as usual.

Advertisement