But Linksys, Dlink, Netgear, Draytek and others do them too. You can also use an old PC with ClarkeConnect (free Linux Router).
But this is a nice solution too:
There is also an app to turn smart 3G/HSDPA phones that have WiFi into a hotspot.
There are many advantages to using a Router compared with 3G modem direct.
- Firewall protection (Windows built in Firewall is rubbish)
- Share with more than one user
- ethernet or WiFi to things with no USB or no 3G drivers
- WiFi for iTouch, Archos, PhotoFrames etc...
- Block some users at certain times or from certain sites
- Position router for better 3G signal, even outdoor in weather poof box or upstairs at mast facing window.
I've looked at cradle point before and converted a Linksys Router to portable Battery Operation. Handy having Mobile WiFi Hotspot to listen to BBC R4 FM in car or update Maps...