Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATE** Linksys WRT54G3G..YES it will work with Three's Data Card (so Three tell me

Options
  • 08-01-2007 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

Will the Linksys WRT54G3G work with Threes Data Card?it works with vodafones no prob. I cant find any info on the web, i dont see why it wouldnt work.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

it needed a firmware update to work with some voda cards like the huawei 620

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Three are using the Huawei E630, i will give them a call and see what they say......

Spoke to Three and they say the card will with with the router, they also say that up loads are part of the 3Gb cap.............

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭manaboutdog

Did you ever get a chance to try this out?

Also which version of the WRT54G3G should be used?
    I've seen a WRT54G3G-UK & WRT54G3G-EM.

There's a price difference of ~ €20 between them on microaid.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭FRM

I have got a WRT54G3G-EM and it sits in an AQUIRING state with the 3 card... wont connect.... picks up Vodafone okay but won't connect either but that is because its a 3 card and not a Vodafone card...

Anyone had this issue ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭FRM

Three have just told me that they don't know if it works or not..... My 14 days is just about up so looks like I will have to go and subscribe with Vodafone pity and hand back the Three card...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

I just recieved one from england .. i bought it from shopmagenta.com cost me 150 euro... that's the cheapest one on the net by the way.. although they don't ship to ireland they are working on it.. I got it shipped to my sister in london she sent it to me..

Now.. the Three Huawei e630 does work with this... it will say it's in acquiring mode.. but as long as you have the constant blue light.. it is working..

I updated the firmware to the latest version.. I just downloaded the auto update software from linksys... plug in your linksys lan cable into your computer and just run the update program..

you have to put in your apn name 3ireland.ie ...
    don't bother with the cd either.. plug everything in to your network .. then enter 192.168.1.1 into your browser.. use admin for password when asked.

in setup choose 3G/UMTS Network choose auto... then put in your apn

you also need to do a scan for avialable networks and choose 3.. it will show you vodafone.. three o2 and meteor... o2 and meteor are not allowed...

Authentication :
    PAP CHAP AUTO

APN Configuration

APN Selection Mode :
    Auto Manual Custom Values

APN Name : 3ireland.ie
    User Name :
    Password :
    DNS Supplied by Network :
    DNS 1 : . . .
    DNS 2 : . . .

that's it.. then it works.. It actually works better then when I had the card in my laptop.. and faster.. .... i also got an external aerial for it to increase signal.. but using the linksys don't need it...

if anyone has any problems drop me mail..

Galway, Athenry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Ian
    is your a WRT54G3G-EM or -UK ?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

it doesen't say if it's the uk or em

they have 3 listed.. the uk the em and the one i got

http://www.shopmagenta.com/product/MAU1002650.aspx here is a link to it.

Ian

Just seen this thread is up again, I must now point out that when i recieved the information from Three, that this Router would with with their Data Card, I am pretty sure going on how the company conducts its business that they were just fobbing me off, their staff wouldnt even know what a router is let along know if it works with their service..............and keep in mind that this was when the Data Card first came out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement